• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

In ORAS, while you're soaring in the sky, will those "steps" count for steps necessary for hatching an egg?

Does Lance's Dragonite from the Kanto Classic have fixed IV's?

I have done multiple soft resets and every single time it is 31/X/31/31/31/X. Anyone else get the same result, or am I just that lucky?

Edit: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This thread got moved here and the subject forgot to move with it.

Last edited:
Are you catching a Legendary? You might just be getting really lucky to get the same four perfect IVs, as it's always guaranteed three in Generation VI. In XY, this also applies to baby Pokémon found in the wild, and 2 guaranteed IVs for Friend Safari Pokémon.

I have another question about Pokemon Shuffle again. I really want to get Zydoge, but I'm pretty much drained from all the coin usage and the failed captures. Since there's still more than 10 days left, I'm planning to farm coins for three or so days before having another go at it.

Any pokemon/strategy recommendations? I don't have Xerneas, Dragonite, and Rayquaza. I do have Kyurem, but Power of 5 doesn't seem useful enough and I'm only using it because its base power is high. I'm thinking of going with Mega Altaria because Glalie is more useful with its Chill ability, but I've seen someone say they used Mega Slowbro for the combos, if that works?

Random question, can Sliggoo evolve into Goodra in Alpha Saphire when Kyogre is causing rain on the overworld?

What are the disadvantages of holding a Pokémon from evolution? (In this case, it is Quilava.)

There aren't any disadvantages in the long run. The EVs will still come into effect when you finally evolve them, ie., there will be no loss in Stat values

OK, so I've been trying to find this answer and I dunno if it belongs here or in Gen VI and I've read conflicting things about it so here I am.

Does breeding a shiny with a non-shiny increase the chance of hatching a shiny? (and if not, why are shiny dittos so sought-after?)

OK, so I've been trying to find this answer and I dunno if it belongs here or in Gen VI and I've read conflicting things about it so here I am.

Does breeding a shiny with a non-shiny increase the chance of hatching a shiny? (and if not, why are shiny dittos so sought-after?)
No it doesnt. The odds will be the same even breeding with a shiny and it doesnt do anything to increase the shiny rate.

If I battle a pokemon where both its' types are weak against my pokemons' type, does it make the moves even more powerful?

Say I use fire on a bug/steel type, is it stronger than it would be on a pokemon who was only bug or only steel?

Yeah, a Pokemon whose types are both weak to the same types will take quadruple damage from said types. So in the case of a Bug/Steel, they'll take quadruple damage from Fire type moves.

Hi guys, I have a question. How do I catch Houndour in HeartGold without getting to Kanto first? I need it to beat Pryce. I know I can get it in the Safari Zone, but I've looked for hours and just can't seem to find it...

Hi guys, I have a question. How do I catch Houndour in HeartGold without getting to Kanto first? I need it to beat Pryce. I know I can get it in the Safari Zone, but I've looked for hours and just can't seem to find it...

IIRC, you can only catch them at night

Sorry, but according to Bulbaoedia, you can catch it ONLY in the Safari Zone or at Route 7.. Well.. no Houndour for you! But if you want some Fire-Types, you can get Slugma egg from Primo (I'm not sure where he is but if you're interested ask me again!) or you can catch a Magmar in the Burned Tower.

Yeah, I know, but even then, I can't find it. I wonder why.
I've had a read up about this, you need to -
Do the Warden's second task (bringing him a Sandshrew)
Bring four Forest objects into the Safari Zone
Then, Houndour will appear in the Savannah area

If that's too time-consuming, catch a Growlithe on Route 36, 37 or 48

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom