• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Apparently there's an upcoming event for the HA birds if you sign up for the newsletter on Pokemon.com. I've had a trainer club account for a while (somehow), but I don't know how to sign up for the newsletter? Anyone know?

Hi guys, I have a question. How do I catch Houndour in HeartGold without getting to Kanto first? I need it to beat Pryce. I know I can get it in the Safari Zone, but I've looked for hours and just can't seem to find it...

I've been thinking about this, you can beat Pryce without a Fire type. His Pokemon have lots of weaknesses, eg. Seel/Dewgong with an Electric type & Piloswine with a Fighting or Water type.

Apparently there's an upcoming event for the HA birds if you sign up for the newsletter on Pokemon.com. I've had a trainer club account for a while (somehow), but I don't know how to sign up for the newsletter? Anyone know?

Click on your icon on the left > View Your Profile (top right) > Profile Overview > scroll down and check the box "to receive marketing email messages". As far as I know that's the newsletter.

Sorry, but according to Bulbaoedia, you can catch it ONLY in the Safari Zone or at Route 7.. Well.. no Houndour for you! But if you want some Fire-Types, you can get Slugma egg from Primo (I'm not sure where he is but if you're interested ask me again!) or you can catch a Magmar in the Burned Tower.

I was looking for the way to get it on the Safari Zone, because I know it is possible. I don't really like Magcargo, so I'll pass on Slugma. Magmar is really cool, but it will take forever to evolve him into Magmortar, so maybe after I can go to Kanto. Thanks for your answer!

I've had a read up about this, you need to -
Do the Warden's second task (bringing him a Sandshrew)
Bring four Forest objects into the Safari Zone
Then, Houndour will appear in the Savannah area

If that's too time-consuming, catch a Growlithe on Route 36, 37 or 48

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your answer!

I've been thinking about this, you can beat Pryce without a Fire type. His Pokemon have lots of weaknesses, eg. Seel/Dewgong with an Electric type & Piloswine with a Fighting or Water type.

I was aware of his other weaknesses, and I ended up beating him with my Heracross's Close Combat. I just wanted a good Johto Fire Pokémon. Thanks for the answer!

I am playing White 2. At the Desert Resort area, there is a Rich Boy. He sends out his lvl 22 Herdier. I send out my lvl 21 Herdier. After every turn, my Herdier gets damaged by the sandstorm, but his Herdier DOES NOT. I waited a few turns on purpose, and he is immune to the sandstorm. Is this a glitch, or is there an other reason?

I am playing White 2. At the Desert Resort area, there is a Rich Boy. He sends out his lvl 22 Herdier. I send out my lvl 21 Herdier. After every turn, my Herdier gets damaged by the sandstorm, but his Herdier DOES NOT. I waited a few turns on purpose, and he is immune to the sandstorm. Is this a glitch, or is there sime other reason?
His Herdier has Sand Rush and it is a legit ability of the pokemon. Anyway, is it possible to get a shiny Latias by running away? Does running away reset the pokemon?

A few weird things I noticed in my White 2 that I want to know if they are normal, or is it something wrong with my game in particular...

1) When Bianca shows me the Hidden Grotto for the first time, we enter it. And after capturing the Minccino inside, I go out, and she isn't there to say bye bye or anything.

2) I caught a male Tranquil outside of Driftveil City. Taught him the move fly. And for some reason, the move only had 5/15 PP left? I hadn't used it before, why were 10 PP gone?

3) when at the PWT for the first time, during the story, in the Driftveil Tournament, I got an introduction against Hugh in the first round, but not against Cheren in the second round. They skipped my intro and I directly appeared already on stage. Chaleren did get an intro though.

Are those normal thing or common glitches with BW2, or is there something wrong with my game?

Last edited:
A few weird things I noticed in my White 2 that I want to know if they are normal, or is it something wrong with my game in particular...

1) When Bianca shows me the Hidden Grotto for the first time, we enter it. And after capturing the Minccino inside, I go out, and she isn't there to say bye bye or anything.

2) I caught a male Tranquil outside of Driftveil City. Taught him the move fly. And for some reason, the move only had 5/15 PP left? I hadn't used it before, why were 10 PP gone?

3) when at the PWT for the first time, during the story, in the Driftveil Tournament, I got an introduction against Hugh in the first round, but not against Cheren in the second round. They skipped my intro and I directly appeared already on stage. Chaleren did get an intro though.

Are those normal thing or common glitches with BW2, or is there something wrong with my game?
1. That's normal.

2. In gen 5, when you use a tm, the current pp of the tm will be the pp of the move forgotten in favor of it.

3. Again, that's normal.

Last edited:
Quick question here: is it impossible to trade event Pokémon or is it just impossible to trade them on the GTS?

@Icy Wind thanks!

Also, I am playing White 2 on a 2DS. And all the the black loading screens are very long. Is that normal? After a wild battle, for instance, or a trainer battle, or when using fly, it takes a lot of time of loading. Longer than on any other Pokemon ive played.

Last edited:
Also, I am playing White 2 on a 3DS. And all the the black loading screens are very long. Is that normal? After a wild battle, for instance, or a trainer battle, or when using fly, it takes a lot of time of loading. Longer than on any other Pokemon ive played.
Really? I didn't play BW2 on a 3ds, but loading times weren't really slow. Idk, maybe it's something with your cartdrige.

Only impossible on GTS, and I think also on Wonder Trade.

Nah, you can totally WT event pokemon. Just tried to WT a 10 Anniv shiny pikachu and it totally let me (until I quickly turned the power off when it said searching for trade partner :p )

The reason for that is because of certain Ribbons which are usually included with event Pokémon. Very few Mythicals released over the years lack these ribbons.

Quick question here: is it impossible to trade event Pokémon or is it just impossible to trade them on the GTS?
You can trade them only in regular trades, no GTS and WT.

Nah, you can totally WT event pokemon. Just tried to WT a 10 Anniv shiny pikachu and it totally let me (until I quickly turned the power off when it said searching for trade partner :p )
The filter to distiguish event pokémon is the ribbon, 10th anniversary pikachu is tradeable because gen III events don't have a ribbon.
Starting from get IV this changed and the ribbon was added to all events.

Can somebody tell me the number of Pokemon obtainable in ORAS? This includes post game National Dex expansions of course.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom