• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Yes, your Bank is tied to your Nintendo ID which is tied to your 3DS. You insert your Gen V cartridge and go to Poké Transporter. It'll take the all the Pokémon out of the first box of the PC and transfer them to Bank. Then, you put in a Gen VI cartridge and go to Bank. There you can move the Pokemon from the Bank (which will be in the Transport Box) directly into your PC.

Having more trouble just downloading it (stupid Parental Controls.... And I'm in my 30s)

Also just a heads up, Pokémon Bank costs $5 a year to use. If you don't pay it then you won't be able to access your Pokémon that are in the Bank. I'm unsure if they get deleted or not though.

From what I read, yeah it will Delete them if you don't pay up

It doesn't delete them after it expires, you just can't add anything new after that date. It holds them waiting for you to withdraw them. My account expired and I never renewed it, but I had no issues getting everything out.

If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass.

From the Pokémon Bank website. And I have seen some people claim they've lost their Pokémon after not renewing their pass, so do be careful with not paying and withdraw your Pokémon as soon as possible if you don't pay.

Any idea what that set period of time length is? I haven't been able to get my 3DS on wifi for a few months now, and my pass probably expired sometime in February or March.

You know when you get an event Pokemon into your game and the lady in the Pokemon center waits for you to pick up your Pokemon. How many Pokemon can she hold for you until you get them at a time? I'm planing to soft reset my game to get a competitive Zygarde.

You know when you get an event Pokemon into your game and the lady in the Pokemon center waits for you to pick up your Pokemon. How many Pokemon can she hold for you until you get them at a time? I'm planing to soft reset my game to get a competitive Zygarde.
I'd assume she holds as many events that there are Wonder Card slots for, which is 24.

Any idea what that set period of time length is? I haven't been able to get my 3DS on wifi for a few months now, and my pass probably expired sometime in February or March.

No, weirdly enough they don't give a time frame :/ I know one story of someone who didn't renew the subscription for at least a year and found his Pokémon gone. But there are several people who haven't renewed their subscription for several months and still have their Pokémon in the bank. So maybe something like a year? I think you're save for another several months at least, but I'd withdraw them as soon as possible still (or renew the subscription of course).

Hey guys, does the VS Seeker from FR/LG and D/P/Pt work for all overworld trainers? I know it doesn´t work for trainers in caves.

Hey guys, does the VS Seeker from FR/LG and D/P/Pt work for all overworld trainers? I know it doesn´t work for trainers in caves.
I tested it with Pokemon Pearl and it works everywhere in the overworld but caves and buildings, I'm not sure with FR/LG though.

I tested it with Pokemon Pearl and it works everywhere in the overworld but caves and buildings, I'm not sure with FR/LG though.
And do ALL trainers (not counting caves) react to it and offer indefinite rematches? Or only a few on every route?

About those six trainers called "the Mimic Circle" on Route 119 in Hoenn, has something change between gen III and VI? They copy your movements in RSE, but they don´t exactly "mimic" you in ORAS, do they?

However, some of them in ORAS say they mimic you. One of them even says "if you step forward, we step forward, if you turn right, we move, too."Did Game Freak forget to change the dialogue between RSE and ORAS? Or have I missed their mimics?

Last edited:
About those six trainers called "the Mimic Circle" on Route 119 in Hoenn, has something change between gen III and VI? They copy your movements in RSE, but they don´t exactly "mimic" you in ORAS, do they?

However, some of them in ORAS say they mimic you. One of them even says "if you step forward, we step forward, if you turn right, we move, too."Did Game Freak forget to change the dialogue between RSE and ORAS? Or have I missed their mimics?

"Located in the long grass are six Trainers, who call themselves the Mimic Circle; in the Generation III games, these Trainers will turn and take a step whenever the player does; in the Generation VI games, they instead just rotate or take steps randomly." - Bulbapedia

So yeah, I guess they did forget to change the dialogue. They probably don't mimic you anymore because you can walk in all directions now (instead of just four) which makes mimicking a bit too hard.

"Located in the long grass are six Trainers, who call themselves the Mimic Circle; in the Generation III games, these Trainers will turn and take a step whenever the player does; in the Generation VI games, they instead just rotate or take steps randomly." - Bulbapedia

So yeah, I guess they did forget to change the dialogue. They probably don't mimic you anymore because you can walk in all directions now (instead of just four) which makes mimicking a bit too hard.
Ah, thanks!

In the meantime, I checked a few lets play videos myself, and they do actually appear to mimic you from time to time in ORAS, only not as often as in Gen III. From what I saw in the video, they mimic you when you run, but they do it less often than in RSE (maybe ignoring diagonal movements). So, if that´s the case, maybe the words are still true, and that´s why they didn´t chnge them. I am not exactly sure.

Last edited:
Not within the same game, no - the code is simply for the same event. So long as you have the Wonder Card and have already picked up the event, you won't be able to get it again (as far as I'm aware anyway).

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but can I get a video of someone flipping a coin on their Pokétch? I need a coinflip and I don't trust myself to be honest with the outcome.

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but can I get a video of someone flipping a coin on their Pokétch? I need a coinflip and I don't trust myself to be honest with the outcome.

Just type "coinflip poketch" in youtube and there's one in the first video ;)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom