• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Strange question but is the pentagon shape next to the EV Markings in the Pokemon Summary screen?

This is the first time I ever noticed that there. It's on some of my Pokemon but not others.

Strange question but is the pentagon shape next to the EV Markings in the Pokemon Summary screen?

This is the first time I ever noticed that there. It's on some of my Pokemon but not others.
It means that the Pokemon was obtained from a Generaton VI game. Originally it meant that the Pokemon was from Kalos (where they use the pentagon sign on their Pokedex) but now can also mean a Pokemon obtained from ORAS.

Blue pentagon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

It means that the Pokemon was obtained from a Generaton VI game. Originally it meant that the Pokemon was from Kalos (where they use the pentagon sign on their Pokedex) but now can also mean a Pokemon obtained from ORAS.

Blue pentagon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Ah. Had a suspicion it was something like that. Since I only noticed it while transfering my Pokemon from Gen V

Yeah, the blue pentagon was in place to easily tell apart Pokémon that were transferred from Pokémon that were caught in Generation VI itself. It basically exists for competitive reasons, as the Pentagon Rule is sometimes applied (where only Pokémon with the symbol can participate), most often during the VGC tournaments.

Hello does anyone know if it is possible for a Pokemon to get Pokerus from an in game trainer battle? The Pokemon did not have Pokerus before the trainer battle but afterwards when returning to the Pokemon Center the Pokemon had Pokerus. The battle was in X version in the Battle Chateau.

Hello does anyone know if it is possible for a Pokemon to get Pokerus from an in game trainer battle? The Pokemon did not have Pokerus before the trainer battle but afterwards when returning to the Pokemon Center the Pokemon had Pokerus. The battle was in X version in the Battle Chateau.

Huh, all info on Pokérus I can find says you can only get it by battling a wild Pokémon, however after doing some searching on the internet I did find some other people who also got it after fighting in the Battle Chateau. So it seems to indeed be possible. Congrats on getting it! :)

I have a huge question I'd really like to ask. It's about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

Has anyone ever encountered a Pokémon using the move "Spikes" in the game? If so, does anyone know where and what Pokémon uses it?

And of course, this really isn't documented anywhere on Bulbapedia, since there's a lack of information on moves in Gates to Infinity.

Hello,
I have been trying to breed a shiny eevee, in Pokemon X. After my way too many boxes of non shiny eevees, I just want to make sure I am doing it right. I have a male vaporeon from JPN, and a North American English ditto. Since I am not a min/maxer, I do not have any items. I also do not have a shiny charm. If I am missingh something please let me know.

Hello,
I have been trying to breed a shiny eevee, in Pokemon X. After my way too many boxes of non shiny eevees, I just want to make sure I am doing it right. I have a male vaporeon from JPN, and a North American English ditto. Since I am not a min/maxer, I do not have any items. I also do not have a shiny charm. If I am missingh something please let me know.
Masuda method works when both pokémon are from diferent languages so yup, you are doing it right. But the odds are still few.
I'd highly reccomend you getting the shiny charm though, because the chances increase even more (1/1024 iirc).

And even with the Shiny Charm, don't expect miracles. I have the Shiny Charm and I've bred quite a lot of competitive Pokémon with parents from different countries, but not once has it resulted in a shiny Pokémon.

If it's a shiny Eevee you want, I suggest:

- Running around in a Friend Safari with Eevee in it (Pokémon have a 1/512 chance of being shiny in Friend Safaris). If you don't have a Safari with Eevee in it, have a look at our Friend Safari thread.

- Using the Dexnav to search for Eevee on route 116 in ORAS. No need for chaining or anything, just using it is enough to increase shiny odds. The specific odds are unknown, but I'm pretty sure the chance of getting a shiny is again higher than the Masuda method.

I've gotten multiple shinies using both of these methods, so I can assure you they work ;)

in the anime serires Bone Club was use on Jessie Duxtox no one said it has no effect in DP EP GYMBAILER

Dustox is not a flying type nor a levitating Pokémon, and therefore it's not immune to Ground-type attacks.

And technically, That's Anime rules (which is actually more accurate), not video game rules so it wouldn't of mattered anyway.

Bone Club is a Ground TYPE move but Isn't "ground-bounded" so would still be able to hit Flying/Levitating Pokemon in "real" world Physics.

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question to ask, but do QR Codes require Internet connection? I am asking to know if we will still be able to scan QR Codes once Nintendo stops support for ORAS, will players still be able to scan QR Codes for secret bases?

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question to ask, but do QR Codes require Internet connection? I am asking to know if we will still be able to scan QR Codes once Nintendo stops support for ORAS, will players still be able to scan QR Codes for secret bases?
As far as I know you don't need internet to read QR codes. With pokémon can't say I am sure regarding how do you get the data, but I tried scanning several codes with wireless off and I get the secret bases just fine, same with miis. I honestly hope it's no required.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom