• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

As far as I know you don't need internet to read QR codes. With pokémon can't say I am sure regarding how do you get the data, but I tried scanning several codes with wireless off and I get the secret bases just fine, same with miis. I honestly hope it's no required.
I hope that´s true, Crow. It is one of my favourite features in ORAS, and I want to be able to keep gettin new Secret Bases even after Nintendo cuts the internet support of the game.

Last edited:
If a Pokemon uses "Skill Swap" on Regigigas an obtains "Slow Start"
Is that Pokemon inflicted with "Slow Start's" effect?

I know Regigigas is cured of the effect but I'm not sure how it effects the other Pokemon.

I'd assume they would be, if the behaviour of other abilities when swapped or changed is to be believed. Things like Intimidate activate when Skill Swapped, for example.

I'm on Y saved at a shaking trash can in the Lost Hotel for a Rotom and for the life of me I can't get one to appear. It says it's common along with Trubbish and that Garbodor and the alternate forms of Rotom are rare and I've seen like 6 Garbodor... Does anyone have ANY idea why Rotom wouldn't appear? I was up at 2am and I couldn't find him so I thought maybe it was a daytime thing and I still can't find him. I double checked my 3DS date and time and everything is exact to my phone and computer...

I'm on Y saved at a shaking trash can in the Lost Hotel for a Rotom and for the life of me I can't get one to appear. It says it's common along with Trubbish and that Garbodor and the alternate forms of Rotom are rare and I've seen like 6 Garbodor... Does anyone have ANY idea why Rotom wouldn't appear? I was up at 2am and I couldn't find him so I thought maybe it was a daytime thing and I still can't find him. I double checked my 3DS date and time and everything is exact to my phone and computer...
Rotom comes out of the trash cans in the Lost Hotel on Thursdays.

Rotom comes out of the trash cans in the Lost Hotel on Thursdays.

You sure about that? Both Bulbapedia and Serebii say it's Tuesdays in the Lost Hotel for Rotom, Thursdays for Banette in the Pokemon Village.

Lost Hotel - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Pokémon X & Y - Rock Smash & Trash Cans

So unfortunately you're wrong. I WISH my problem was that simple... I'm now finding out it may have something to do with me using a friend's 3DS for my Y to trade with OR the other day, however this was like 4 days ago...

If you've eliminated all other options, the answer remaining, no matter how unlikely, is the answer. Bad luck is your culprit. Wait until next Tuesday to try again. I'm not 100% sure of the spawn mechanic for Rotom, but you could try soft resetting to get one.

Or PM if you need one and I'll breed you one when I have a moment.

I am a fan of Pokémon Shuffle mobile. I have been trying to generate huge combos but I don't seem to have any success. I am interested in move-limited stages. I have heard from some players online that they have made 100+ combos. That's impossible for me. My biggest combo is 36.

Can someone suggest strategies for generating 100+ combos in move-limited stages? My Pikachu is at the max level. What other Pokémon should I combine him with to make 100+ combos.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

I've been checking Serebii the last two weeks hoping the UK would be getting the shiny Xerneas/Yveltal soon.. it looks as if we still don't have a distribution date for the UK? I know no one will have the answer of when specifically but does anyone know if we're actually getting the event at all?

Can someone suggest strategies for generating 100+ combos in move-limited stages? My Pikachu is at the max level. What other Pokémon should I combine him with to make 100+ combos.

I know absolutely nothing about Shuffle, but I've read that using Mega Gengar and/or Banette helps a lot, especially on the Safari stages?

I've been checking Serebii the last two weeks hoping the UK would be getting the shiny Xerneas/Yveltal soon.. it looks as if we still don't have a distribution date for the UK? I know no one will have the answer of when specifically but does anyone know if we're actually getting the event at all?

Maybe you read this already, but I found this from May 18th.

The Pokémon Company International has teamed up with GameStop in Europe to run the Shiny Xerneas event, matching that which was distributed over the last week in North America.

This has so far been confirmed for stores in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and, while an end date hasn’t been set, will require that the special code be redeemed by 31st December 2016.
I honestly don't think they'll ignore Europe (and UK) for event distributions, it might just delay a bit more.

What do moves, for example Charizard, can be taught in Lv. 1 mean? How can you teach a Charizard Dragon Claw in Lv. 1? What is the point of it?
It means that they particular Pokémon has always had the potential to know that move, and can therefore be re-taught that move with help from the move relearner. Using Charizard as an example, if you take him to the move relearner in any game you can exchange 1 Heart Scale(2 Tiny mushrooms or 1 Big mushroom in FRLG) to teach Charizard any move he can learn through level up, provided he has already passed that level. So if your Charizard is level 45, he can remember any move he could have learned up until level 45. Dragon Claw could have been learned at level one, so you can reteach it.

In addition, while it's not relevant to a regular playthrough, Level 1 moves are the moves a Pokémon is supposed to know when they are first hatched or caught at that level. Very few instances of Level 1 Pokémon outside of hacking exist for Pokémon that aren't available to be bred as eggs, though one of the notable ones is one of Pokémon Platinum's Regigigas.

Also, for some, like Arcanine, will learn those lvl 1 moves when evolved at level 1.

As far as I know you don't need internet to read QR codes. With pokémon can't say I am sure regarding how do you get the data, but I tried scanning several codes with wireless off and I get the secret bases just fine, same with miis. I honestly hope it's no required.
QR codes hold data as well, based on how its pixels are arranged (that's how people were able to exploit QR codes to generate Pokemon before it was patched), so you shouldn't need an internet connection.

Last edited:
So we will be able to keep getting new Super Secret Bases even after ORAS stops having online support? Like, as long as the QR Codes are posted on some web page around the internet, we will be able to scan it, and will have it in the game, right?
As far as I know, there shouldn't be any issue with Secret Bases ever.

Attachments

• unknown.PNG
    unknown.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, even though it's not exactly a fitting question, here's your answer.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom