• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Not sure if this goes here or the trading section but it's a Question about trading...

Anyway, I was trading to trade a Manaphy on the GTS today but I got an error message saying "It's a Special Pokemon. You can't trade it."

Anyone know why this is or what that's about? Honestly, I don't remember where I got this Manaphy because I transfered it from my Diamond from years ago..

But why wouldn't I be able to trade it?

The GTS does a check to see if a Pokémon has specific ribbons, which presumably your Manaphy does. Normally, it's things like the Classic, Premier and Wishing Ribbons that are only given out with event Pokémon, and very few Pokémon released by event over the years lack them (mostly from Generation III). If the Pokémon you're attempting to trade to someone has those ribbons, the GTS will deny your trade.

That being said, I have to ask two things. What are you even trading it for, and who are you trying to trade it to? If it's being sent to someone here, you're better off trading directly. If it wasn't to anyone specific, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, lol.

I was not aware of that you couldn't trade Pokemon with certain Ribbons..
Although, this Particular Manaphy does not have any such Ribbon,
which makes me really wonder just where I got this guy.

It's in a Normal Pokemon Ball,
Level 11,
OT is named SAMUEL,
and it came from the Sinnoh Region.
But that doesn't tell me anything.
Oh, and it's nicknamed JENNIFER.

And no, it wasn't to anyone in particular. Just someone asking for one on GTS

Hmm... Maybe it has detection on Mythicals in general. I thought what I said was true for the most part. Either that or the filter knows something that we don't. Did the Manaphy come from Pokémon Ranger?

Can somebody tell me how the Battle Chateleines make pairs for the Multi Battle and Super Multi challenges?

I used to think that 2 sisters only appear in the normal multi battle line, and the other 2 challenge you in the Super Multi Battle line. However, looking around Bulbapedia, I get the impression that they pair randomly and any 2 of them may appear in either Multi line. Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
Not sure if this goes here or the trading section but it's a Question about trading...

Anyway, I was trading to trade a Manaphy on the GTS today but I got an error message saying "It's a Special Pokemon. You can't trade it."

Anyone know why this is or what that's about? Honestly, I don't remember where I got this Manaphy because I transfered it from my Diamond from years ago..

But why wouldn't I be able to trade it?
After reading all this I am really curious, for starters regarding the nickname. I don't remember if you could nickname the Ranger egg you got for once, so if you couldn't it's a sign it might be hacked?.
Could you show an image of the manaphy?

Can somebody tell me how the Battle Chateleines make pairs for the Multi Battle and Super Multi challenges?

I used to think that 2 sisters only appear in the normal multi battle line, and the other 2 challenge you in the Super Multi Battle line. However, looking around Bulbapedia, I get the impression that they pair randomly and any 2 of them may appear in either Multi line. Can someone confirm?
Unfortunately I didn't really like the Battle Maison to get around it. But checking around in several videos (thank you Youtube) the super multi pair you face on 50 streak is Morgan and Nita.
My theory is that there's a preselcted pair you'll face for 20th and 50th winning streak in both multi and super multi. Sorry for not being much help,

Unfortunately I didn't really like the Battle Maison to get around it. But checking around in several videos (thank you Youtube) the super multi pair you face on 50 streak is Morgan and Nita.
My theory is that there's a preselcted pair you'll face for 20th and 50th winning streak in both multi and super multi. Sorry for not being much help,

I have done the Multi Battles myself and that´s why I thought one pair battles you in normal multi and an other pair in super multi. But according to Bulbapedia, each one of the four Chateleines, has a quote for both Normal Multi and Super as well, suggesting that they all can appear in both Multi and Super Multi.

Thanks anyway!

After reading all this I am really curious, for starters regarding the nickname. I don't remember if you could nickname the Ranger egg you got for once, so if you couldn't it's a sign it might be hacked?.
Could you show an image of the manaphy?

I would if I could but I don't have the means to do so.

And I half-suspected that it might of been a hacked, though I can't understand how that'll lock it out of the GTS.
I must of gotten it off somebody through the GTS back in Diamond. I can't remember.

Now I don't know what to do with it.

The player is not allowed to trade a Pokémon on the GTS if it is holding certain specific items (such as Mega Stones). Unlike in the past, specificevent Pokémon cannot be traded at all, regardless of whether it is holding an event ribbon (such as Darkrai caught in Newmoon Island); attempting to do so will yield the message "It's a special Pokémon. You can't trade it!". Attempting to trade a purified Shadow Pokémon with the National Ribbon will also yield this message.

Taken from Global Trade System - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I'm guessing that is why.

Does anyone have suggestions for the most efficient method of level grinding in preparation for the Pokémon league in FRLG ? Last time I played through I used the two black belts and the crush kin on One Island, just spamming VS Seeker. Does anyone have a better location?

This is a more technical question, but will Time- Based events, daily events, etc work indefinitely for the 3DS games? Is there a possibility of those events stopping in the future, like what happened with the GB/GBC/GBA games?

Last edited:
That would be the difference between an internally powered clock (Gens 1, 2, & 3) and using the DS/DSi/3DS/(new) 3DS clock (Gen 4+). So long as the clock on your device is running, the clock/date based events should continue to work.

Long story short, I don't see any reason why they would ever stop working.

Edit: Booom! :D

This a more technical question, but will Time- Based events, daily events, etc work indefinitely for the 3DS games? Is there a possibility of those events stopping in the future, like what happened with the GB/GBC/GBA games?
I don't think so, the problem with the old games was the fact they had a battery in the catridge which kept the day/night and hours counting, and when it died the game couldn't count time anymore.
New games work based on the ds/3ds clock so there's no need for that.

Edit: ninjaed D:

Are Flabébé's flower colors passed down through breeding? I'm trying to collect all the variations and I don't want to deal with having to find 3 1% white ones.

It matches the flower of the Mother. I'm on my phone, so I don't have the link handy, but it's on the form difference page.

So in my Pokemon Omega Ruby game, I think it was after I beat steven for the second time, I was in my room and after I went outside, I have to save prof. birch, right? So I got my starter from whatever region. Then I go back in to littleroot, go inside May's house, talk to may and her mom, and then I go outside. And then, for some reason, prof. birch starts screaming again and the whole event happens again ( I'm not sure if it had different starters). I was SURE that that wasn't supposed to happen yet. Anyone have a reason for this?

So in my Pokemon Omega Ruby game, I think it was after I beat steven for the second time, I was in my room and after I went outside, I have to save prof. birch, right? So I got my starter from whatever region. Then I go back in to littleroot, go inside May's house, talk to may and her mom, and then I go outside. And then, for some reason, prof. birch starts screaming again and the whole event happens again ( I'm not sure if it had different starters). I was SURE that that wasn't supposed to happen yet. Anyone have a reason for this?

Once you have beaten the Elite 4 for the first time, Prof. Birch gives you a Johto starter. A Unova starter is given after you change your fate after the Delta Episode (get it, Delta is the symbol for change). Finally, once that Elite 4 is crushed under your heel for a second time, you get to pick one Sinnoh's starters as a gift. IF at any point a second is earned before the first is collected, you can get them back to back.

So yeah, that is what happened there, you just triggered the next starter gift.

(info found here: Hoenn Route 101 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom