• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Okay, this is technically a multigenerational question but does anyone know of any urban Pokelegends revolving around a supposed "shadow Eevee" or red Gyarados? Supposedly the former can be evolved to and de-evolved from all its forms to reach some kind of ultimate form, while the latter is supposed to have an even stronger case of Magikarp power (i.e. initially poor at certain moves, Fire in particular, but becoming much stronger later on).

These were related by a guy working at a local game store and they definitely smell like baloney. I've tried a few search queries but haven't pulled up anything relevant. You'd think that even if it was in a ROM hack I'd be able to find someone mentioning it, but....

That's probably the most odd thing I've heard here, and I think they're better off mentioned in the General Pokémon Discussion section of the site.

With that said, that's a glorified Red Gyarados if I ever heard one, because as far as most people know, that's the name given to the Shiny colouration of Gyarados. There's also an entire page on the mon in question because of its significance to Generation II. I don't think it mentions any rumours of the sort that you described...

As for the other one, the Shadow Eevee thing, it sounds like a combination between Red's Eevee (I think that's who had it?) in Pokémon Adventures/Special, which was able to switch between the original three Eeveelutions, until it evolved into an Espeon, and the starter Pokémon of Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, where you start with an Eevee and are able to evolve it into one of its five available forms at the time (and I guess Shadow Pokémon in general for that game too).

To TL;DR it, definitely baloney. It just seems like an amalgamation of several elements of the mentioned Pokémon depicted in other media.

Even though it is a quite an old and relatively unknown game, with its release on VC I have been trying to complete PPC 100%. However, I have been completely unable to unlock Magby. Searching the Internet seems to only give answers that are either immediatly disproven and forgotten about, or completely impossible. (Eg input a hidden code to access super ☆☆☆ puzzle lik3 OMG gais its so simple)

I have done everything I can think of top do in the game:
  • I have all the other Pokémon.
  • I have a solid day's playtime.
  • Completed challenge mode on all difficulties all in under half an hour with 0 continues. (I did this legit, too! :rolleyes:)
  • Fully completed puzzle mode, both normal and ☆ levels. (Only on one save file though)
  • Fully completed line clear, including the one-time-access bonus stage. (Again, one save file only)
  • Have reached 999,999 points in marathon mode on hard difficulty in just over an hour.
  • Have reached 999,999 points in garbage mode on hard difficulty in just under 45 minutes.
If people can help rule out causes, that will still be useful.

Last edited:
Ok. I wasn't watching my PPS on my W2 when I suddenly looked at it when I saw Stars flying across the screen and I think I might of missed a message...

Anyone know what I missed?

Ok. I wasn't watching my PPS on my W2 when I suddenly looked at it when I saw Stars flying across the screen and I think I might of missed a message...

Anyone know what I missed?
I think someone sent you a "like" or whatever the term they use is.

... I thought that'd be self explanatory if there was no other information on it outside of gametime being the factor into unlocking it, no triggers or anything of the sort. At this point I'd just keep playing and playing until they're unlocked.

... I thought that'd be self explanatory if there was no other information on it outside of gametime being the factor into unlocking it, no triggers or anything of the sort. At this point I'd just keep playing and playing until they're unlocked.

All other Pokémon have an unlock condition. The eggs' specifically are:
  • Togepi: 10-Combo
  • Igglybuff: Complete easy challenge mode.
  • Elekid: top score on hard time zone mode.

Is that based on information that was documented or was that from your own playthrough? I'm just curious on that factor.

Is that based on information that was documented or was that from your own playthrough? I'm just curious on that factor.

This information is (almost) always the same if you search the internet. It's pretty much as confirmed as you can get without taking the code apart.

Last edited:
Wait, whaaa?

I just went on the game, and discovered that I have unlocked Magby :/

Now I'm even more confused though, the last time I played, I definitely didn't have it. I was doing some testing to unlock it and it was definitely locked. I just loaded a previous save-state (dunno what they're called on VC) and it's unlocked. :confused:

Definitely loaded a save-state before testing, the first thing I did was a complete data reset.

Last edited:
The Mirage Spots in my Alpha Sapphire game don't seem to reset. I have had the same Mirage Island for four days. What's wrong?

The Mirage Spots in my Alpha Sapphire game don't seem to reset. I have had the same Mirage Island for four days. What's wrong?

Did you change the time on your 3DS or put the game in a different 3DS? Cause both of those actions causes the Mirage Spot to stay the same for at least 24 hours. I've read that if you mess with the clock more than once it can even stay the same for more than 24 hours. I think saving on a Mirage Spot also causes it to not change.

If you didn't do any of that, then I've got no idea. Maybe you've just had really bad luck and the same one appeared for four days, I do think that's possible.

Did you change the time on your 3DS or put the game in a different 3DS? Cause both of those actions causes the Mirage Spot to stay the same for at least 24 hours. I've read that if you mess with the clock more than once it can even stay the same for more than 24 hours. I think saving on a Mirage Spot also causes it to not change.

If you didn't do any of that, then I've got no idea. Maybe you've just had really bad luck and the same one appeared for four days, I do think that's possible.
I don't remember to have changed my console's time or date and I haven't put the game in a different console either. I don't know what could the reason be. I hope my game isn't messed up. o_O

Last edited:
In Pokemon Emerald you can explore the Contest Hall in the overworld, when not participating in the Contests yourself, and talk to the participants and spectators of the different Contests.

Can you do the same in the original RS? Or only in Emerald?

I saw on a youtube video that there is an open door in the RS Contest Halls, but I don't know what is behind the door, and can you access that area?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom