• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Um. The Bulbapedia entry says that in Emerald the contests only take place in Lilycove, and there are only four contest halls in R/S, so I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're asking. You can enter the back room in all of them (Verdanturf, Fallarbour, Lilycove, and Slateport; if you want pictures let me know), but only Slateport and Lilycove have much going on back there apparently. Fallarbour and Verdanturf just have 2-3 NPCs just hanging out doing nothing. I'm not sure if this changes based on time of day since the battery for the clock or whatevs is dead on my cartridge.

Um. The Bulbapedia entry says that in Emerald the contests only take place in Lilycove, and there are only four contest halls in R/S, so I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're asking. You can enter the back room in all of them (Verdanturf, Fallarbour, Lilycove, and Slateport; if you want pictures let me know), but only Slateport and Lilycove have much going on back there apparently. Fallarbour and Verdanturf just have 2-3 NPCs just hanging out doing nothing. I'm not sure if this changes based on time of day since the battery for the clock or whatevs is dead on my cartridge.
Hey, I will explain what I meant:

In Pokemon Emerald, when you enter that room inside the Contest Hall in Lilycove, you see not one, but various Contests taking place simultaneously, each with its own stage, crowd, judge and participants, etc...

So my question is, in RS, in the 4 different Contest Halls, do you see just one contest occuring when entering that room, or do you see multiple, like in Emerald?
Also, I would like some screenshots for all 4 Halls, but only if you don't mind.

Like I said, in Fallarbour and Verdanturf there wasn't anything going on (no contests), just 2-3 NPCs standing around doing nothing. The other two had a contest (maybe more than one, didn't really walk around much) going on back there. Again, I don't know if it changes based on time of day because my clock is dead.

I can get you pictures I took with my phone? If that's OK? I don't know how to take screenies from a DS. :\

Like I said, in Fallarbour and Verdanturf there wasn't anything going on (no contests), just 2-3 NPCs standing around doing nothing. The other two had a contest (maybe more than one, didn't really walk around much) going on back there. Again, I don't know if it changes based on time of day because my clock is dead.

I can get you pictures I took with my phone? If that's OK? I don't know how to take screenies from a DS. :\
Sure, it's fine, thanks :)

'Sup?
I have a concern.

This afternoon, I've been training Pokemon in Fire Red via Gameboy Advanced SP (I have a DS lite but I need to replace its charger, my dog chewed it apart).
I'm headed to the Celedon City Pokemon Center to deposit my Doduo having decided I didn't want to continue using it and out of nowhere the game restarts. Restarts as in like a blue screen incident on a PC but without the blue screen, so it doesn't shut off it just jumps from gameplay to the opening 'Gameboy' animation.
I have the SP on its charger due to having run the battery into the red last evening.

Luckily I didn't lose much progress, nothing I can make up in a few minutes (not counting the time it's taking to compose this post) but I can't help but wonder, is this a sign that there is something wrong with my cartridge? Could my cartridge battery be dying?

'Sup?
I have a concern.

This afternoon, I've been training Pokemon in Fire Red via Gameboy Advanced SP (I have a DS lite but I need to replace its charger, my dog chewed it apart).
I'm headed to the Celedon City Pokemon Center to deposit my Doduo having decided I didn't want to continue using it and out of nowhere the game restarts. Restarts as in like a blue screen incident on a PC but without the blue screen, so it doesn't shut off it just jumps from gameplay to the opening 'Gameboy' animation.
I have the SP on its charger due to having run the battery into the red last evening.

Luckily I didn't lose much progress, nothing I can make up in a few minutes (not counting the time it's taking to compose this post) but I can't help but wonder, is this a sign that there is something wrong with my cartridge? Could my cartridge battery be dying?

As far as I am aware a GBA carts battery dying only affects in-game, time based events. Does your Fire Red still save normally?

Yes it does. I only lost progress when this happened because I feel more secure when connected to the charger so save less frequently.
Then I think you're alright. I don't actually recall off hand if there were any time sensitive events in FRLG. I can't explain the sudden outage though I vaguely recall a similar instance with my original silver cart.

My hope is someone with more technical expertise can assist you, but I think it's safe to say that there's nothing seriously wrong with your cartridge. If it is the cartridge's battery going dry, there are guides that will assist you in replacing it.

I can't imagine one could accidentally hit A, B, Start, Select by accident (the combo to soft-reset the GBA SP), but maybe you did somehow? That's the only thing I can think of.

No that isn't possible especially on an SP. Not only were my fingers not positioned near the Start or Select buttons but those buttons are positioned inside grooves so that pressing down on both simultaneously with my thumb when I intend to soft reset requires a precise angle and am most times unsuccessful on the first attempt. There is no way I could achieve that by accident.
Trust me I spent weeks soft resetting this game to start with a shiny bulbasaur and the first portion of that was done with the SP.

In typical gameplay my left thumb operates the D-pad while my right hovers over A in preparation to scroll through text boxes or select battle moves.

I'm relieved to know however that my cartridge isn't dying, I'd hate to lose my shiny Ivysaur and have no place to save it to.

Is it possible for someone to hack and/or altar Event Pokemon ..... Extensively?

Because, I have been VERY lucky today in wondertrade.... TOO Lucky.

Is "AuSLove.TV E" a legitimate OT for event Pokemon?

Hmm ... there are some reports of a trainer by name of AuSLove.TV (and variants) who has been trading off hacked mythical Pokemon via Wonder Trade.

Most of the recent (official) event distributions are from OT "GF" (Game Freak) and ID corresponding to the event date (mm-dd-y).

Good to know... To bad it's one of the one's that I'm going to get eventually (It's Keldeo).

If it was one that I would never be able to get (Hoopa, Volcanion, Etc.)
It wouldn't be so bad because I want to register them.

I think what's most likely is that your game cartridge shifted the slightest bit in the slot. Sometimes if the cartridge moves a bit the game will freeze, but I believe I've experienced it where the game has reset like that. My guess is this is because the connection between the game and GBA is never perfect, and not as good as the DS connection. I don't have the technical knowledge to explain why, but I don't think you should be too worried. My games have frozen and whatnot plenty of times and they still run fine. Heck, they've been dropped hard that the game is knocked out of the GBA/DS, and they still work fine.

If a Pokémon at level 50 with no EVs has a stat with an IV of 2 or 3 will it always be 1 more point than the lowest possible number for that stat? I've been trying to breed for Hidden Power Dark on a Pokémon for Trick Room and I've read that the best IVs for Hidden Power Dark in Trick Room are 31/1, 3 or 31/31/31/31/1 or 3. I've been checking the IVs by using the Judge to make sure that my bred Pokémon don't have 0 IVs in Speed and then battling with Normal Rules using two of my 3DSes and two versions to see if it still has the same speed as or 1 point greater than the same Pokémon would have with exactly 0 IVs.

In Pokemon X/Y, would anyone happen to know it Keldeo's normal form is suppose to show in the Pokedex's "appearance/cry" section?

I can't seam to get it to show up. I reverted Keldeo to it's normal form but it's not showing in the Pokedex.

Which is odd because both Melotta's forms are registered even those I never use her alternate form in this game for it to register.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom