• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

@TheCableGuy You need to enter battle with the respective form you want to put into the Pokédex... I think. I had a bit of weirdness happen in a similar vein when trying to get my Shiny Xerneas entries in.

Strange, I thought it would have immediately appeared.

Does the Macho Brace lower the speed stat from leveling up? Because I raised a level 1 Mudkip into a level 53 Swampert for a friend by battling Blissey trainers in the Secret Meadow and Shore (with Yveltal, Zygarde and Xerneas, and with the Exp boosting O-Power) while it's holding the brace, and I noticed that its speed is in the 80s while my 73 Swampert from Alpha Sapphire (from a play through in 2014) is around 130...I think I messed up. :( (I'm on a phone so please excuse the errors)

FYI, said friend doesn't care about EV training, but he doesn't want any slow Pokemon.

Last edited:
I believe the macho brace simply cuts your effective speed in half during battle. More likely the problem is that Blissey don't offer any speed EVs, so this Mudkip hasn't had a chance to actually earn any. You also have 20 levels between the two. If the Pokémon in question earns plenty of speed EVs and grows in speed by 2 points each level for the next 20 levels it will have 120 speed, just ten fewer than your own Swampert.

I was wondering, does anyone know why were female Triathletes not included in ORAS? Only male Triathletes appear in ORAS, whereas female Triathletes appeared in RSE as well.

Is there a reason for this exclusion, or it's just a random thing Game Freak decided?

For example, female Psychics were also excluded from ORAS, but that's because in more recent games (according to Bulbapedia) Hex Maniacs are the female counterpart of male Psychics nowadays, so it makes sense.

Last edited:
How often can you rematch the Gym Leaders in Pokemon Emerald? Is it limited to once a day, or can you rematch the same Gym Leader more than once a day?

What about Wally? Can you rematch him more than once a day?

From my experience, during my Emerald playtime, I would usually get around 2 gym Leaders per day, but never the same Gym Leader twice. I just want to hear other people's experience, and can the same Gym Leaders be rematched more than once in the same day?

Same question with Wally. Is he rematched once a day, or more often than that?

Last edited:
It depends on the game. In many of the games you can't rematch the gym leaders at all. In HGSS you can collect their PokéGear numbers and call them on certain days of the week for battle. In Platinum they will randomly show up in the café the fight area. In Emerald, which I assume is your primary concern, I'm not too sure. I think it's random. And I believe Wally can be rematched once a day.

It depends on the game. In many of the games you can't rematch the gym leaders at all. In HGSS you can collect their PokéGear numbers and call them on certain days of the week for battle. In Platinum they will randomly show up in the café the fight area. In Emerald, which I assume is your primary concern, I'm not too sure. I think it's random. And I believe Wally can be rematched once a day.
I ask only about Emerald, actually. Excuse me xD

So does anyone know how often do Gym Leader rematches happen in Emerald? I always thought those are daily, but idk.

Last edited:
I was playing Pokemon Black and I found a wild Tranquil. It taunted me and i used Dig by mistake, but instead of saying "It had no effect" Dig normally hit. Tranquil wasn't grounded or anything, so what happened? Is it something wrong with my game? Or it's because of Taunt?

I was playing Pokemon Black and I found a wild Tranquil. It taunted me and i used Dig by mistake, but instead of saying "It had no effect" Dig normally hit. Tranquil wasn't grounded or anything, so what happened? Is it something wrong with my game? Or it's because of Taunt?

@Shenili If I had to guess, the Tranquil used roost that turn and removed it's flying type. Or your game is messed up. Most likely its the Roost though.
I ask only about Emerald, actually. Excuse me xD

So does anyone know how often do Gym Leader rematches happen in Emerald? I always thought those are daily, but idk.

@Meta Boss Everything I'm seeing online and in Bulbapedia tells me that it is random as to when they want to rematch you. I'm just not seeing anything that gives me a 100% confirmed answer though, so I apologize for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you playing X or Y and near the beginning? My guess is that Dunsparce just has a much higher base experience yield than the other Pokémon in the area.

Each different Pokémon offers a different amount of exp. The base exp yield for Dunsparce is 175, which I believe is significantly higher than most of the other Pokémon that area. That should explain why it gives you so much exp. It's like defeating the Audino in BW, or a Blissey in general.

I'm replaying HeartGold and Misty is not in the Gym. What have I missed?

Edit: Serebii tells Misty is to be found on Route 25 but she's not there either.
Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Gym Leaders
I am not completely sure, but I think you must go to the Power Plant first and find out that the machine part has been stolen by the Team Rocket member. Then after finding the machine part and returning it to the Power Plant I think Misty will be at Route 25.

More of a curious question regarding the possibility of mechanics,

A poison-typed Pokemon poisons a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize. Is it possible for Synchronize to poison the poison-type despite its immunity?

A poison-typed Pokemon poisons a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize. Is it possible for Synchronize to poison the poison-type despite its immunity?
No, status immunity plays a part in Synchronize. So if you use Toxic as a Poison type on someone who has Synchronize, it will not affect you. Same deal if you're an Electric type who used Thunder Wave. Other things like Safeguard can also prevent status effects from activating on yourself with Synchronize.

Yeah, their natural immunity to Poison status blocks Synchronize. (Unless of course they are given a Ring Target.)

i know this question has been asked a million times since i've viewed so many threads asking it.

regigigas will not challenge me in omega ruby. i have all the regis, regice is named bivgold and holding a casteliacone, it's daytime for another 20 something minutes, i've listened to the girl's story about a "huge pokemon" visiting Hoenn which is the only story she tells, and the one time i changed my 3ds clock during this playthrough was days ago when i set it back to the correct time (the clock in my room says it's right, too). regice is also in the front slot.

i've seen a lot of conflicting reports on how to do it. i've seen people say to wait a day after catching the trio, people say it's not necessary; to listen to a particular, random story from the girl in pacifidlog. i've even seen someone mention that it can take upwards of a week for the in-game clock to match if it's changed which doesn't seem to be correct at all. and other times, they say to give regice a specific item or a specific item depending on what your save file decides. i've also seen people say to defeat the elite 4 again and another say that it's the same for mirage spot legends. that's not true either since i've caught many of them without having to challenge the league again. not a single walkthrough for summoning this thing matches others.

not related, but i don't really want to make another help topic after this and feel like i'm just here to ask questions and vanish forever like i've done with other sites, so does anyone have a zekrom they'd want to trade? i need it for kyurem.

edit: no clue if this is the right pokemon board for this since there seems to be two general boards.

First, do you have the Regis in your party? If not, make sure Regice definitely has a cold item like the Casteliacone and is nicknamed, and then try again. If so, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

Second, I have a couple Zekrom, so perhaps I'd be up for a trade.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom