• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

First, do you have the Regis in your party? If not, make sure Regice definitely has a cold item like the Casteliacone and is nicknamed, and then try again. If so, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

Second, I have a couple Zekrom, so perhaps I'd be up for a trade.

i have the regis in my party, yes. regice also has a castelia cone.

are either of those zekrom in pokeballs? i like to be as consistent as i can.

i have the regis in my party, yes. regice also has a castelia cone.

Did you catch those Regis in your own game? Cause I've read that traded ones don't work, you have to actually catch them in the same game you want Regigigas to appear in.

As far as I know the only requirements are this:
  • Beat Groudon/Kyogre.
  • Catch all the regis in the game and have them in your party.
  • Nickname Regice and give it a "cold" item (a Casteliacone, a Never-Melt Ice, an Icy Rock, or a Snowball).
  • Visit Island Cave during daytime (between 11:00 AM and 5:59 PM).
Not even talking to the girl should be necessary, I think I never did.

Did you catch those Regis in your own game? Cause I've read that traded ones don't work, you have to actually catch them in the same game you want Regigigas to appear in.

As far as I know the only requirements are this:
  • Beat Groudon/Kyogre.
  • Catch all the regis in the game and have them in your party.
  • Nickname Regice and give it a "cold" item (a Casteliacone, a Never-Melt Ice, an Icy Rock, or a Snowball).
  • Visit Island Cave during daytime (between 11:00 AM and 5:59 PM).
Not even talking to the girl should be necessary I think, I know I never did.

yep, i also forgot to mention that i've seen people say that you need to catch groudon/kyogre i think and also forgot to mention the next one. the trio was caught in the same game.

If you're not, you should be in the Island Cave. Have you captured/defeated Groudon yet?

I can check, but I'm not sure. Is it okay if neither are?

yep, island cave. i defeated groudon during the story but haven't caught it since it has rest and a 12 hour cutscene before the fight begins.

i'm not sure i'll be able to find another, so i guess it's fine. i was gonna trade with someone i know, but they haven't responded for whatever reason, so.

i know this question has been asked a million times since i've viewed so many threads asking it.

regigigas will not challenge me in omega ruby. i have all the regis, regice is named bivgold and holding a casteliacone, it's daytime for another 20 something minutes, i've listened to the girl's story about a "huge pokemon" visiting Hoenn which is the only story she tells, and the one time i changed my 3ds clock during this playthrough was days ago when i set it back to the correct time (the clock in my room says it's right, too). regice is also in the front slot.

i've seen a lot of conflicting reports on how to do it. i've seen people say to wait a day after catching the trio, people say it's not necessary; to listen to a particular, random story from the girl in pacifidlog. i've even seen someone mention that it can take upwards of a week for the in-game clock to match if it's changed which doesn't seem to be correct at all. and other times, they say to give regice a specific item or a specific item depending on what your save file decides. i've also seen people say to defeat the elite 4 again and another say that it's the same for mirage spot legends. that's not true either since i've caught many of them without having to challenge the league again. not a single walkthrough for summoning this thing matches others.

not related, but i don't really want to make another help topic after this and feel like i'm just here to ask questions and vanish forever like i've done with other sites, so does anyone have a zekrom they'd want to trade? i need it for kyurem.

edit: no clue if this is the right pokemon board for this since there seems to be two general boards.

Speaking to the requirements listed in Bulbapedia:

Encounter with Regigigas
In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the player is able to encounter Regigigas in the Island Cave after capturing Regice. To do so, the player must have a nicknamed Regice holding a "cold item" (a Casteliacone, a Never-Melt Ice, an Icy Rock, or a Snowball), as well as Regirock and Registeel in their party. Regigigas cannot be encountered during nighttime. As Regigigas is not in the Hoenn Pokédex, it can only be battled after capturing/defeating GroudonOR/KyogreAS.

If all of the above criteria are fulfilled, upon walking into the center of Regice's room, the following message will appear:

"The very earth is quaking! Is something approaching?!"
"Zut zutt!"

The battle with Regigigas will then start immediately.

If the above criteria are not fulfilled, the following message will appear instead:

"...?"
"There seemed to be some presence here, but it disappeared in an instant..."

Clarification on this for Gen VI, nighttime is between 9:00 PM and 3:59 AM local time. So any time outside of that will be acceptable. I have followed the above steps and never had any issues with Regigigas. One other check you can try is to see if your Mirage Spots are changing daily. If they aren't, then the game is still saying that the clock was changed recently and it won't show.

That's what I was able to find for you.

so just a quick update - earlier, i went to trackless forest each minute for the entire duration a legendary dog should be available to fight. it never showed up, so i guess for whatever reason, the dogs and regigigas aren't available. i've even restarted the whole system since it was kinda laggy anyways, but that didn't help.

so i guess i'll keep trying for a bit and keep this issue updated. i also missed uxie because i'm dumb, but people seem to have had trouble getting that one too, so i'll see if it's mysteriously unavailable too if i ever remember to go check during it's 1 hour window.

edit: sometime around night, the message saying that there was a presence that quickly vanished finally decided to show up. then around 4:50 AM - 5:00 AM, regigigas showed up. i did nothing different regi-wise. maybe restarting the 3ds had something to do with it or you actually do have to wait a whole day after catching them to catch regigigas, who knows.

Last edited:
@Spook Rooster If the Dogs weren't showing up either then there was something preventing time based events from happening. Either way, I'm glad you got your Regi's.

So I watched a video about shiny hunting the other day and it stated that you don't really need to chain in order to get a higher chance of getting a shiny. Can someone confirm this?

So I watched a video about shiny hunting the other day and it stated that you don't really need to chain in order to get a higher chance of getting a shiny. Can someone confirm this?

You mean with hunting while using the DexNav? Cause as far as I know it's never really been confirmed whether you need to chain or not, but I've caught multiple shinies without chaining. And the times I did manage to make a chain of at least 100, I found none. So yeah, I don't think chaining is necessary, it's simply using the DexNav that gives you a higher chance of finding a shiny.

This is the only research I can find about it, and it confirms that chaining is not needed. Though they admit that their sample size isn't really big enough to prove it.

Last edited:
Hey, so I am playing both Omega and Y and my plan is to transfer all pokemon from omega to Y because I like Kalos more and find it a better region. I will do this via the Pokemon bank but will I then be able to transfer the Pokemon from Y to Sun/Moon? Thats the plan, also to capture all the legendaries in OR/AS and transfer to Y and then Moon?
Thanks

Yes, Pokémon can be sent from XY/ORAS to SM using the Pokémon Bank. We do not know if they can be sent back to XY/ORAS, however.

Hey, I just got a New 3DS with Omega Ruby today. I instantly went to look for ongoing gift codes and could that there is a Arceus Event going on at the moment.

The code is supposed to be THEGOD, but the game tells me the code is wrong.

Hey, I just got a New 3DS with Omega Ruby today. I instantly went to look for ongoing gift codes and could that there is a Arceus Event going on at the moment.

The code is supposed to be THEGOD, but the game tells me the code is wrong.

Well I haven't heard anything about a code like that. I see more people on the internet complaining that that code isn't working, so pretty sure that code is false.

To get Arceus, you have to go to a store in your neighbourhood that hands out codes for it. Here's a list of stores per country.

Well I haven't heard anything about a code like that. I see more people on the internet complaining that that code isn't working, so pretty sure that code is false.

To get Arceus, you have to go to a store in your neighbourhood that hands out codes for it. Here's a list of stores per country.

Are there even any working codes currently (any sort of gift, must not be Arceus). Does the Mystery Gift only work during Events, or can you randomly receive stuff?

Mystery Gift will only get you stuff during events, m8. Also, code cards like the GameStop Arceus expire after a certain date (date is on the card IIRC, also Bulbapedia should tell you the final date you can get it as well). Keep an eye on Bulbapedia, which always posts about upcoming events.

Anyone know how I can get a Dawn Stone in Omega Ruby? My Pokemon are around level 40, and I really want to evolve Kirlia into a Gallade.

Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom