• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Anyone know how I can get a Dawn Stone in Omega Ruby? My Pokemon are around level 40, and I really want to evolve Kirlia into a Gallade.

Thanks!

Ways to get a Dawn Stone in ORAS:

- You get one at Victory Road.
- Get one randomly through the Super Training "Those Long Shots Are No Long Shot!"
- Get one randomly at the Inverse Battle Stop (in Mauville City) by getting a score of 7-9.
- Get one by beating the Mysterious Sisters Scall & Ion in Sea Mauville (5% chance) (just save before battling them and keep reloading and battle them again until they give you the stone).
- Get a Secret Pall with the skill Pick Up Stones in your Secret Base, there's a chance they pick up a Dawn Stone.

So sadly there's not really an easy way, except the one at Victory Road.

Is there any other way to get money in X & Y besides battling Serena/Calem, challenging the Pokémon League, and selling items? Or will I just have to keep sitting through the credits? Yes, I know you can fast-forward, but still.

Is there any other way to get money in X & Y besides battling Serena/Calem, challenging the Pokémon League, and selling items? Or will I just have to keep sitting through the credits? Yes, I know you can fast-forward, but still.

Did you try working at Hotel Richissime in Lumiose yet? You get money for doing minigames, and if you do them well and level up to 4, you get 50,000 for each task. You can complete three tasks every day and they aren't very hard.

Don't forget Restaurant Le Wow. I would use a lvl 3 O-Power + Amulet coin/Luck Incense + Happy Hour (if you have it). If you do a Tripple/Rotation battle you will make around 285,000 in total for the rounds. Walk out of the building and walk back in to do it all over again. I bank the ever loving cash out of this method.

Don't forget Restaurant Le Wow. I would use a lvl 3 O-Power + Amulet coin/Luck Incense + Happy Hour (if you have it). If you do a Tripple/Rotation battle you will make around 285,000 in total for the rounds. Walk out of the building and walk back in to do it all over again. I bank the ever loving cash out of this method.
Wow! I'll certainly try it out. :)

This is more like a suggestion question.

I have defeated Elite 4 for the second time after receiving 16 badges. So my next goal is to defeat Red and receive Kanto/Hoenn starters from Professors. Therefore I challenge elite four repeatedly in order to make Lv. 85 my all Pokémon. However I have only 4 Pokémon trained so far.

1. Typhlosion (FlameThrower/Eruption/Rock Climb/Double Edge)
2. Lapras (Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Perish Song)
3. Haunter (Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond/Hypnosis/Dream Eeater)
4. Kadabra (Psychic/Future Sight/Psycho Cut/Recover)

With which Pokémon should I complete my team? I think one Flying, one Dragon type could be useful. But I am open to new ideas.

Also I have some cool TMs in my bag such as Earthquake, Flamethrower, Psychic, Overheat, Dragon Pulse, Poison Jab. I am totally going to need Earthquake to defeat Red's Pikachu. Which Pokémon should learn Earthquake, plus do you have any suggestions to use these moves on Pokémon?

PS. Heart Gold, not Soul Silver.

Anyone tries to help me - Thanks in advance!
Red's team in HGSS can be found here:

Red (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

His team is Blastoise/Venasaur/Charizard/Pikachu/Snorlax/Lapras.

Your Typhlosion should take care of Venasaur, while Lapras should take care of Charizard. For Lapras and Blastoise, IMO you should go with an electric type, since both of his water types know ice moves and that could be problematic for a grass type. Maybe go with Ampharos or Magnezone or something? As for Snorlax, that will of course be a tank, so I think you'd want a strong fighting type to counter that....Maybe Lucario? Machamp? But yeah, if I were you, I'd go with one electric, one fighting.

I prefer Braixen over Delphox by a long shot. So I was wondering if maybe there was an item like Pikachu's Energy Ball, that allows Braixen to give Delphox a run for her money, that Delphox can't wear?

I prefer Braixen over Delphox by a long shot. So I was wondering if maybe there was an item like Pikachu's Energy Ball, that allows Braixen to give Delphox a run for her money, that Delphox can't wear?
The only item like that would the Eviolite which would make it's defenses slightly higher than Delphox. And then there are the Choice Specs and Scarf which would make it's Sp. Atk or Speed higher than Delphox. But other than that Delphox is just generally better based on stats alone. Also you miss out on the Psychic STAB, but also you lose the extra weaknesses too.

A friend of mine keeps on saying that he's playing Pokemon Blue so he can transfer his pokemon to Sun and Moon to get the OP stats from that game.(Gen 1 have OP stats) Surely the stats won't carry over right? Won't that just destroy competitive as we know it because all Kanto Pokemon will be stronger?

A friend of mine keeps on saying that he's playing Pokemon Blue so he can transfer his pokemon to Sun and Moon to get the OP stats from that game.(Gen 1 have OP stats) Surely the stats won't carry over right? Won't that just destroy competitive as we know it because all Kanto Pokemon will be stronger?

Gen 1 CAN have OP stats, this is true. However, there is no competitive breeding, no way to tell what abilities a pokémon is going to have, and there is also a VERY limited move pool. So, yes the stats might carry over, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

if you want braixen to have niches over delphox, you kind of need to give it eviolite and make it a wall. Otherwise, delphox is better. Though if you are going to play competitively, other eviolite users like chansey are still better than braixen.

@Rockapheller
Pokemon given as gifts on Pokemon Bank are sent to a game you own through Pokemon Link, so open up one of the compatible games (Oras, for example) and activate the Pokemon Link feature and pick it up through there. They're sent straight to your in-game boxes once you receive them.

Is there a "best" way to hatch eggs? Say, a good place to run around over and over.

Depends on the game. Each game has a specific area which is handy for hatching. For example, in X it's rolling up and down on route 7. If you want to know the route for the game you're playing, just google is up and it should be correct.

There are other ways to speed up hatching too. Having a Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party halves the number of steps required.

Also, asking for or using the Hatching O-Power also helps to speed up the time greatly.

I would say the best place in X and Y would be Lumiose city center. It's a circle and you can just hold in one direction for as long as it takes to hatch the egg.

I don't think there have been any events for a shiny Mew in Gen VI, so I doubt it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom