• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I have beaten the Elite Four and Delta Episode. After beating Delta Episode I was moved back to Littleroot where I got the Johto Starter from the Professor. I should have gotten the Johto Starter for beating the Elite Four, but I haven't been in Littleroot to claim it. I now claimed the Gen 2 Starters, but Professor Birch won't appear again for me to claim my Gen 4 Starters.

How can I claim them?

@FliP
You need to beat the Elite Four multiple times to get the other Generations' starters. It will respawn you in Littleroot Town again and you can pick up your starters as soon as you head to Route 101.

"
#495 Snivy, #498 Tepig, #501 Oshawott

The next Pokémon you get given are even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Delta Episode, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time from a Machoke from the Delivery services which he misconstrued the intent. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Unova starters.
"

I completed Delta Episode and as part of the story was moved back to Littleroot. However, the last time I was in Littleroot was before I beat the Elite Four.
After I was moved to Littleroot, I only received:

"
#152 Chikorita, #155 Cyndaquil, #158 Totodile

The next Pokémon you get given even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Elite Four, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time from a Shroomish. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Johto starters.
"
but not the Gen 4 Starters for completing Delta Episode.

If I were to beat the Elite Four again, I would be getting:

"
#387 Turtwig, #390 Chimchar, #393 Piplup

The next Pokémon you get given are even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Elite Four again, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time it seems he mistook his wife for a wild Pokémon. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Sinnoh starters.
"
but not the Gen 4 Starters for completing the Delta Episode.
How to get the Gen 4 Starters is what I am asking.

@FliP Let me clarify: You have to beat the Elite Four again after you have picked up your starter from the previous encounter with Professor Birch post-Delta Episode. It's a bit tedious because you need to repeat the same process over and over again, but this is because you're supposed to choose one from each Generation.

I have a question concerning Horde encounters : can an ability affect the percentage of the Pokémons encountered this way ? An example :

I'm trying to find Electrikes on Route 10 in Pokémon Y via Hordes, but it is rare compared to Nosepass and Yanma. So I'm using a Pokémon with Static as its ability to raise the encounter rate of Electrike. Would that work ? From what I tested I did encounter more Electrike hordes, but I'm not sure if it's dumb luck or the ability actually working.

"
#495 Snivy, #498 Tepig, #501 Oshawott

The next Pokémon you get given are even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Delta Episode, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time from a Machoke from the Delivery services which he misconstrued the intent. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Unova starters.
"

I completed Delta Episode and as part of the story was moved back to Littleroot. However, the last time I was in Littleroot was before I beat the Elite Four.
After I was moved to Littleroot, I only received:

"
#152 Chikorita, #155 Cyndaquil, #158 Totodile

The next Pokémon you get given even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Elite Four, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time from a Shroomish. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Johto starters.
"
but not the Gen 4 Starters for completing Delta Episode.

If I were to beat the Elite Four again, I would be getting:

"
#387 Turtwig, #390 Chimchar, #393 Piplup

The next Pokémon you get given are even more starter Pokémon. After the completion of the Elite Four again, when you next exit your house in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch will call you over and tell you that he is under attack, this time it seems he mistook his wife for a wild Pokémon. He will ask for you to help him using Pokémon in his bag, this time giving you a choice between the Sinnoh starters.
"
but not the Gen 4 Starters for completing the Delta Episode.
How to get the Gen 4 Starters is what I am asking.

I'm pretty sure you can just enter your house and then exit once more. IIRC that worked for me. If not, then you have to beat the E4 again to prompt the event.

@FliP Let me clarify: You have to beat the Elite Four again after you have picked up your starter from the previous encounter with Professor Birch post-Delta Episode. It's a bit tedious because you need to repeat the same process over and over again, but this is because you're supposed to choose one from each Generation.

I'm pretty sure you can just enter your house and then exit once more. IIRC that worked for me. If not, then you have to beat the E4 again to prompt the event.

It worked after I went back into the house and received Latiasnite. This might have been the trigger (or maybe the free starters have a 1 hour cooldown?) because I have previously tried entering and leaving the house without it triggering the starter giveaway (I also traveled to other cities and back hoping it would trigger the event).

Now I will have to beat E4 again to get the last starters.

Hi I'm here to ask if it's possible to fight Galactic Boss Cyrus (Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum) in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. A friend of mine told me that it was possible.

If it's possible, could you tell me how to battle him and what is his team? Thanks

Hi I'm here to ask if it's possible to fight Galactic Boss Cyrus (Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum) in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. A friend of mine told me that it was possible.

If it's possible, could you tell me how to battle him and what is his team? Thanks

I'm sorry to tell you that your friend is a liar :p You cannot battle or even meet Cyrus in any (legitimate) way in HGSS.

You sure your friend didn't mean Team Rocket Boss Giovanni? Cause you can fight him in Tohjo Falls if you have an event Celebi (first, take the Celebi to the shrine in Ilex Forest, which will take you back in time~ after the first scene you will end up in Tohjo Falls). His team is Nidoking lv 42, Honchkrow 43, Nidoqueen 46, and Kangaskhan 40.

If I just want to use them for in game battling/non competitive play, what are the best natures and EV spreads for each fo the Eeveelutions? or is that too complicated a question for this topic?

Depends on what you are planning to do with each one. Sadly there is no single answer to this question.

You sure your friend didn't mean Team Rocket Boss Giovanni?
No because I already fought Giovanni how you said.

Since it's not possible, can you tell me what's the best place to grind in HGSS?

My team:
Togekiss Lvl 33 ( he needs some lvling up)
Typhlosion Lvl 100
Ampharos Lvl 77
Ho-oh Lvl 84
Dragonite Lvl 71
Mewtwo Lvl 73

Thanks.:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually either ran around outside Mt. Silver (outside the PokeCen), or just re-challenged the gym leaders over and over for levelling in HG/SS.

Bottom area of Mt. Silver works too or if you have a team with rock climb and fly the side of Mt. Silver works wonders as well. Or the Gym Leaders work.

I tend to stick to the offensive. Does that narrow it down more?
Yes and no.

That said, you have put the challenge before me and I shall attempt to answer. One thing to keep in mind is that I tend to Min/Max and my EV spreads reflect that.

Vaporeon: Modest nature and EV's in Sp. Atk and HP Scald/Ice Beam/Aqua Ring/(Signal Beam - Rest - Wish - HP if good) Hold leftovers and Water Absorb ability

Jolteon: Modest or Timid and EV's in Sp. Atk and Speed (Thunder or Thunderbolt) / Volt Switch / Signal Beam / (HP if Grass or Ice - Shadow Ball) Hold Choice Specs and Volt Absorb ability

Flareon: Adamant and EV's in Atk and Sp. Def Flare Blitz / (Will O' Wisp - Flame Charge) / Wish / (Last Resort - Giga Impact - Dig) Hold Leftovers and Flash Fire ability

Flareon (Guts): Adamant and EV's in HP and Atk Flame Charge / Wish / Facade / Protect Hold a Toxic Orb and Guts ability

Espeon: Modest and EV's in SpAtk and (SpDef or Speed) (Psychic or Psyshock) / Calm Mind / Dazling Gleam / (HP or Shadow Ball or Morning Sun or Signal Beam)

Umbreon: Please note, there is almost no offense here.
Leafeon
Glaceon
Sylveon

Work in progress.

Last edited:
I am trying to hatch a cool pokemon from an egg, but i don't know how the day care and breeding stuff works.
Can you tell me how it works, and what pokemon to put in the day care to receive a cool pokemon.

PS: I have every single unova pokemon caught and i'm playing white 1
Thanks

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom