• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Is there a set formula for calculating the power of a Z-Move?

And how will the power of a Z-Move be affected if the base move has-
1. Different Power depending on speed/HP (Like Eruption and Electro Ball)
2. Recoil damage (Like Volt Tackle?)

Hello. Is anybody playing SM on a 2DS? I want to know if there are any major performance issues. I heard that Double and Multi battles in SM are actually worse than Triple/Rotation battles in XY/ORAS!!! Is this true?

What about Battle Royal battles?

Also, how long are the black screens when starting a battle/after a battle ends/when entering a building? Are they much longer on the 2DS?

Please tell me, (a video would also be appreciated if possible...)

C´mon, there has to be at least one person around here that is playing the game on 2DS xD :p

I'll be playing on 2DS but as I'm in the UK we don't have it yet :(

I read this on DigitalSpy today, can anyone elaborate a little?

There's a new feature hidden in the menu that lets you scan QR codes you find in the real world to unlock non-Alolan Pokémon in your game and catch Poké friends like Charmeleon in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Each QR code you scan will give you info on a Pokémon you can't usually find in Alola. Every ten you scan, you can run an "island scan", and it'll spawn one of those Pokémon into the islands.

We've had great success doing this around the first island, catching critters like Chikorita and Bulbasaur.

It can be found at Mount Lanakila on Ula'ula Island, only in Pokémon Sun.
I have Pokemon Sun and I'm not that far yet, I just got my starter heading to the festival. How far into the game where you can get an Alolain Vulpix?

From what I've heard it can only be done at the Festival Plaza, at the same stand you can get EV-raising drinks at I think? Could indeed be that you need a higher rank for that.

That would make sense given that it's a low rank right now and only has a couple of drinks. I haven't been able to find much information on the shops for the Festival Plaza, so I don't know when I can actually get those drinks. I could just not worry about EV Training for awhile. That would be kind of refreshing in a way, but I'm also used to EV training my Pokemon as soon as I get them.

I have Pokemon Sun and I'm not that far yet, I just got my starter heading to the festival. How far into the game where you can get an Alolain Vulpix?
Ula'ula Island is the third of the four main islands you will visit while playing through the game. Which means it is quite far into the game.

Did we ever figure out the secret shared between the starters and Rockruff?

Did we ever figure out the secret shared between the starters and Rockruff?

There never was a 'shared' secret, CoroCoro just said that both Rockruff and the starters had a secret, but not necessarily the same. Rockruff's was the evo with split forms, I'm guessing the starter's secret is the unique Z-Moves.

There never was a 'shared' secret, CoroCoro just said that both Rockruff and the starters had a secret, but not necessarily the same. Rockruff's was the evo with split forms, I'm guessing the starter's secret is the unique Z-Moves.

Ahh okay, that makes a lot more sense. I could have sworn something big had been revealed but I knew I would have remembered it if it did aha. Thanks Soki!

Is there any way to get more Pokebeans besides the guy at the cafe giving them to you once a day? I use them up so fast...

Is that the second island in the game? Any particular Route?
It is the second indeed. It is to the east of Paniola Ranch, not sure what the route number is because I don't see it while watching walkthroughs.

It is the second indeed. It is to the east of Paniola Ranch, not sure what the route number is because I don't see it while watching walkthroughs.

Ah, thank you. I'm glad that isn't too far in, as I'm going to have to Breed a Popplio to trade for a Rowlet for my dream team via GTS.

Speaking of trades, where is Passimian found in Sun? I'd like to trade one for an Oranguru.

Speaking of trades, where is Passimian found in Sun? I'd like to trade one for an Oranguru.

Passimian seem to be at the Lush Jungle on Akala Island (the second island).

Is there any way to get more Pokebeans besides the guy at the cafe giving them to you once a day? I use them up so fast...

You get a Poké Beans tree on the first Poké Pelago island, which you seem to unlock after the second trial on the second island.

Note: I say 'seem' a lot cause I don't have the games yet, I'm just trying to help with info I found around on the internet ^^;

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom