• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Just want to add that it seems like the Fesrival Plaza meal won't let you lower EV of Pokemon with max happiness. :mad: I'm trying to collect all the EV lowering berries right now.

Marshadow's Pokedex entries are a bore. Does it have an in-game special event at least?

Can you change the nickname of traded Pokemon?

Is mega-evolution in the game at all (postgame)? I kinda miss it.

Yes, it is available in the post-game, although I think all of the Mega Stones except for the Alakazite have to be purchased using Battle Points.

Just want to add that it seems like the Fesrival Plaza meal won't let you lower EV of Pokemon with max happiness. :mad: I'm trying to collect all the EV lowering berries right now.

Well darn it. Now I'm really missing Super Training. I don't mind losing the mini-games for Pokemon Amie. Pokemon Refresh is already cuter to me and cleaning up the Pokemon does feel more natural than I thought it would, but Super Training was just so much easier to manage EV Training. It was pretty quick to max out an stat with the higher levels and getting the reset bags was pretty easy too. Maybe I'm just too used to EV training during the games, especially right when I get a Pokemon, but that was so easier to manage by comparison.

Oh well. At least planting berries should be less time consuming than getting all of those points for the Festival Plaza was. I haven't gotten that island yet, but I should be able to get that with no problems. Plus, I can just focus on leveling up my teams at least, so that's kind of nice. Just to be clear, will the EV lowering berries work even with a Pokemon with max happiness and friendship? I've never used them before and all of the Pokemon I'd want to EV train will be at max happiness by the time I can actually get the Battle Items, which will most likely post game unless I can get Battle Points in the meantime.

Pyukumuku HP: 55 ; Def 130; Sp.Def 130

Innards Out: Damages the attacker landing the finishing hit by the amount equal to its last HP.

Questions:

Would it be better if the ability would hit by the full amount of HP?
or would it better work if it would be the reversed amount of HP it had left?
What's the chance to make to oponent activate it to do the full 55 HP of damage?
(to do that it would need to be on a very low level or not?)

In Gen VI you could disable automatic Game Sync upon connecting to the internet but I can't figure out how to disable it in SuMo. Is there a way to do so?

Last edited:
1. Can you rematch trainers? If not, what would be the next best grinding method for both money and exp points? Edit: OK, I found out there's a daily event where you get paid for throwing Pyukumuku back in the ocean.

2. Is there anything similar to the Juice Shoppe from Lumiose City for raising Pokemon's stats?

3. Recommendations for a team? So far I only have Rowlett and I just got the Rotom Pokedex from the professor. The only other Pokemon guaranteed a spot on my team right now is Turtonator.

Pokemon I'm considering:
Scyther
Crobat
Miltank
Tauros
Alola Ninetales
Mudsdale
Starmie
Golisopod

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
How to trigger Solgaleo's radiant sun forme?
What is the name of the Z stone for Ash-Pikachu?

1. Can you rematch trainers? If not, what would be the next best grinding method for both money and exp points? Edit: OK, I found out there's a daily event where you get paid for throwing Pyukumuku back in the ocean.

2. Is there anything similar to the Juice Shoppe from Lumiose City for raising Pokemon's stats?

3. Recommendations for a team? So far I only have Rowlett and I just got the Rotom Pokedex from the professor. The only other Pokemon guaranteed a spot on my team right now is Turtonator.

Pokemon I'm considering:
Scyther
Crobat
Miltank
Tauros
Alola Ninetales
Mudsdale
Starmie
Golisopod

Thanks in advanced.
1) You can get certain wild Pokémon to call for help and get Chansey to appear. First instance of this occurring is with Elekid outside the Power Plant on Blush Mountain right off Route 12.

2) Yes, but it works a bit differently. It's called Isle Evelup and it's part of PokePelago which you need to progress a bit to unlock. From there you need to acquire a certain amount of Pokémon in your PC boxes and a certain amount of PokeBeans to unlock Isle Evelup.

3) I've used and loved Crobat before it's always a good choice. I'm going to use Alolan Ninetales, but I haven't caught mine yet. Starmie is another great option. Haven't used the rest. Was going to use Golisopod, but went with Araquanid instead because of its ability being 10x better.

And now for a question of my own:

Does anybody know the specifics of getting Castform, Goomy, and Vanillite to appear? I know there must be active weather but like does it matter what Pokémon I'm battling or can anything call them in? Also, once I see that something else was called in like say Poliwhirl, does that mean that Castform can't be called in for that battle? Very confused on this and would really appreciate help. :)

EDIT: Also does it have to be Hailing to find Vanillite or does Rain work too?

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get the Thunderbolt TM?

I evolved my Pikachu into Alola Raichu without checking when he learns Thunderbolt, and I'm regretting it a lot. I taught him Charge Beam and Volt Tackle, but it doesn't feel the same. I've come too far in the game, and I want to stick to my current team without changing anyone.

Please don't give me any links because I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can.

Are you able to catch Tapu Koko if it fainted in your first encounter? They don't really give you a chance to prepare a team for it, so right now I'm just stuck throwing Ultra Balls at it...

edit: thought i had it when it wiggled thrice, but it popped back out. ):
edit x2: killed it on accident :f

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom