• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I caught a Lycanroc Midnight form the other day. I understand that both forms have separate Pokedex entries, but my Dex only shows Midday form's info. Is there a way to switch details, or is that just not possible?

I'm confused. The golf course is shown to be a part of the Hano Grand Resort, but try as I might, I can find no way to access it. Is this just a huge blank spot on the map?

I caught a Lycanroc Midnight form the other day. I understand that both forms have separate Pokedex entries, but my Dex only shows Midday form's info. Is there a way to switch details, or is that just not possible?
Go to the Appearance/Cry page and you can change form will be displayed. It'll change the information as well.

I'm confused. The golf course is shown to be a part of the Hano Grand Resort, but try as I might, I can find no way to access it. Is this just a huge blank spot on the map?
Yeah, it's impossible to get into.

So here's a question; you know how there's the Battle Chateau in X/Y (not the Maison with the BP stuff), or rebattles in OR/AS? Is there anything along those lines in Sun and Moon, where you can battle trainers under normal rules, and get money and experience?

Elite Four and Battle Buffet aside, no.

Sheesh, what's Game Freak got against normal battles in the after-game? I guess the scaling experience is supposed to compensate?

Speaking of that, another question; any counterpart to O-Powers in Sun and Moon?

How do you accumulate FCs?

Before reaching rank 4: talk to visitors and answer their questions.

After reaching rank 4: do missions. Talk to the lady at the castle entrance for this. There's two ways of doing missions:
1) Hosting your own missions. Hosting a mission costs Festival Tickets, you get three for free each day by talking to the lady in front of the castle entrance.
2) Joining missions of others. You can find a list of missions going on by talking to the lady at the castle entrance. Ongoing missions also shown up in a scrolling red bar on the bottom screen, you can click on the bar to join it.

Tip: The "Type matchup tests" missions reward you with more FC than the other missions.

Just in case this is a spoiler for those who haven't reached post-game

Are beast balls inherited through breeding? I heard that you can capture wild pokemon with the beast ball - just that the catch rate is lower - but still possibly nonetheless. If so, then does the breeding mechanic work?

Is there a purpose to non-catchable Pokemon (like say Mothim or Nidorino) showing up when you scan QR codes or are they just there to look pretty?

Is it possible for Marowak to learn Shadow Bone without using a Heart Scale?

What's the difference between the 1, 2, and 3 star Soft Drink Parlors? The lists online all say they supply the same drinks.

When I went through the portal at the Altar of the Moone, the time offset wasn't 12 hours; it was 5 hours. When it's 4 PM IRL, the guy at the cafe says it's 11AM. Is that intended? I'd heard it was supposed to be a 12-hour offset.

Are beast balls inherited through breeding? I heard that you can capture wild pokemon with the beast ball - just that the catch rate is lower - but still possibly nonetheless. If so, then does the breeding mechanic work?
I've received a lv 1 Gible in it on the GTS so I'd say yes.

Is it possible for Marowak to learn Shadow Bone without using a Heart Scale?
Doesn't appear to be a way. You'd think it would be one of the new "evolution moves" it would learn upon evolving right?
What's the difference between the 1, 2, and 3 star Soft Drink Parlors? The lists online all say they supply the same drinks.
As far as I can tell there isn't, so I opted to go for bounce houses only, especially since serebii updated the info with the exact EVS each house gives

I just bred a Lillipup in one. So yes.

5ChadElLfl9YgUWGMB9T.jpg

I'm up to the end of the third island

is there anywhere i can get a good water tm? I;m still stuck with Bubblebeam on my guy

and what other good route TMs could I have missed out on without realising?

I'm up to the end of the third island

is there anywhere i can get a good water tm? I;m still stuck with Bubblebeam on my guy

and what other good route TMs could I have missed out on without realising?

You can get Scald on Route 5 after getting Lapras in your Ride Pager.

You can get Scald on Route 5 after getting Lapras in your Ride Pager.

Alright cool. What Dragon moves are there, I'd assume Claw is post game or something but I have Tail so I would like to upgrade that too.

Alright cool. What Dragon moves are there, I'd assume Claw is post game or something but I have Tail so I would like to upgrade that too.

Dragon Claw is obtained in the Vast Poni Canyon. It's not post-game, but it is close to the end of the main game - like, roughly the equivalent of Victory Road.

Dragon Claw is obtained in the Vast Poni Canyon. It's not post-game, but it is close to the end of the main game - like, roughly the equivalent of Victory Road.

Sux the best ones are so late but I guess that's the point :p. I see Surf/Waterfall are bad location wise too d;

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom