• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Yeah it's like 5% on Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o. With Compound Eyes it should be around 20%. Probably the best way to get a Razor Claw is led with a fainted Butterfree and SOS chain these guys with something that knows Thief. At some point you'll probably start having Kommo-o show up which is great because of their 50% chance to hold the Razor Claw.

To add onto this, Trevenant (and Exeggutor, but it's weak to Dragon) make good Thieves since they can also have the Frisk Ability, which will let you know right away if you're wasting your time.

Is it true that I can only get ONE Ice Stone per game???
there's only one in the overworld, yes. you have to get more from PokePelago.
To add onto this, Trevenant (and Exeggutor, but it's weak to Dragon) make good Thieves since they can also have the Frisk Ability, which will let you know right away if you're wasting your time.
Mimikyu also works well since it takes zero damage from Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o. granted, no Frisk, but it definitely works fairly well.

Yeah it's like 5% on Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o. With Compound Eyes it should be around 20%. Probably the best way to get a Razor Claw is led with a fainted Butterfree and SOS chain these guys with something that knows Thief. At some point you'll probably start having Kommo-o show up which is great because of their 50% chance to hold the Razor Claw.
Didn't think of Compound Eyes. That's very sound advice, thank you. The only issue I'm having is that Jangmo-o has a 5% encounter rate in all the places its found. I guess there's no way to make it more likely to appear.

Didn't think of Compound Eyes. That's very sound advice, thank you. The only issue I'm having is that Jangmo-o has a 5% encounter rate in all the places its found. I guess there's no way to make it more likely to appear.

You only have to find 1 - then pop an Adrenaline pen, lower its HP to one, and DON'T inflict it with status. It will keep calling for more jangmo-o, hakamo-o, and kommo-o to come

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm just saying, getting the initial Jangmo-o to appear is the issue. =P

What's the quickest way to grind, and what's the quickest way to boost EVs?
Level grinding, I think the only option is just doing the E4 again with a Lucky Egg.

I find this guide pretty useful for finding places to EV Grind- How to EV Train in Pokemon Sun and Moon - Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon Wiki Guide - IGN , but for the most part, it's pretty much the same as any other game-get the Power Item for the stat you want, beat up whatever Pokemon are out there, and use EV-reducing berries to clear any unwanted EVs.

Alola everyone! Regarding Festival Plaza: if you happen to change the time on your DS's internal clock, does that lock everything in Festival Plaza for 24 hours or 48?
I'll just answer my own question since I eventually learned of the answer. You will be locked out for 24 hours, starting at the next 12:00 interval.

So for example, let's say you change your internal clock at 4:00. The game will then immediately lock you out of time-based activities, yet the actual timer will not start until 12:00 am/pm (and will then last until 12:00am/pm). Just a heads up for anyone attempting to change their clocks!

Would a Pokemon that has Pixilate be able to use the Breakneck Blitz Z-Move at all? If it can, is it converted into a Fairy-type move because of Pixilate?

Would a Pokemon that has Pixilate be able to use the Breakneck Blitz Z-Move at all? If it can, is it converted into a Fairy-type move because of Pixilate?

According to Smogon and other sources, Z-Moves are not affected by type changing abilities (Refrigerate, Pixilate, etc). So yes they can use Breakneck Blitz, and it will still do Normal-type damage.

Maybe a stupid question but is there a way with 2 3ds and pokemon bank to transfer pokemon from soul silver and or black and white and bw2 into Ora's or XY?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

After looking up the Mega Stones in the game I was wondering if I transfer my Mawile from Pokemon Y to Moon would they still keep the Mawilite they're holding or would it not be available?

After looking up the Mega Stones in the game I was wondering if I transfer my Mawile from Pokemon Y to Moon would they still keep the Mawilite they're holding or would it not be available?
If I'm not mistaken, there's no way of knowing for now, since Bank can't transfer up yet. I suspect the answer is no, though-since Gen 5, transferring up has meant no items. (though I certainly hope that changes)

If you have 2 3DS units you will need to transfer your Soul Silver 'mons to BWB2W2 via the Transfer Machine on Route 15. From there, you'll need to put everything you want to move into Box 1 and use the Poké Transporter tied to the Pokébank.

So to directly answer your question, you need to use the Pokémon Transporter to transfer from BWB2W2 but you can't transfer from Soul Silver to XYORAS directly.

Thanks arcalargo I've googled this question but never seen a difinitive answer,just people arguing

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom