• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

What's the current status of Pokémon Bank? Is it still usable with Gen 6?
Pokebank should still be usable for gen 6 games now, and still be able to use it after the update for Pokebank to work on Sun and Moon in January.

Aby tips on catching Xurkitree? My A-Marowak can easily get it to 1HP with False Swipe, but it doesn't want to stay in the Beast Ball and it CONSTANTLY used Electric Terrain (and no I'm not frustrated or anything)

How to make someone a VIP in the Festival Plaza? I tried to make someone a VIP and it failed for some reason. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Aby tips on catching Xurkitree? My A-Marowak can easily get it to 1HP with False Swipe, but it doesn't want to stay in the Beast Ball and it CONSTANTLY used Electric Terrain (and no I'm not frustrated or anything)
Just try again I guess? Electric Terrain just has to disappear after some turns and you may get the chance to put it to sleep. Its catch rate shouldn't be too low (UBs aren't hard to catch especially with Beast Ball), and with only 1HP it should just happen sometime.
You could use a move like Soak and try paralysing it if you believe status would make the difference or catch one of the guardian deities that isn't Tapu Koko and use it to change the terrain and try putting it to sleep.

Just try again I guess? Electric Terrain just has to disappear after some turns and you may get the chance to put it to sleep. Its catch rate shouldn't be too low (UBs aren't hard to catch especially with Beast Ball), and with only 1HP it should just happen sometime.
You could use a move like Soak and try paralysing it if you believe status would make the difference or catch one of the guardian deities that isn't Tapu Koko and use it to change the terrain and try putting it to sleep.
I made an attempt with Tapu Lele already and I've had it asleep as well. Haven't tried Soak yet though. I dunno, I guess I'm just mostly unlucky (though I haven't tried again yet since posting that question) Thanks for the tips!

How to make someone a VIP in the Festival Plaza? I tried to make someone a VIP and it failed for some reason. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I think the person you are trying to make a VIP has to be doing absolutely nothing. I know someone tried to make me a VIP once and I was busy trading I think and it didn't work. As soon as I stopped doing that, it worked.

Can you still use out of battle moves such as Teleport or Dig? Those were not Hidden Machine moves that you could use from the start in older games.

So as far as I understand it, each Zygarde core is linked to a specific move that Zygarde can learn from the Zygarde Cube. Right now, I have the cores from my house and Hau's, letting me teach Zygarde Thousand Arrows and Extreme Speed.

My question is: Can a Zygarde (e.g., 10%) be formed from cells without a core? I can't test this anymore but it doesn't seem like the cores are essential for anything other than moves.

yes they can. well at least 10% can be formed without any cores. i formed one in my OG playthrough of Moon without cores.
Interesting lore implications...10% form existing as a mindless zombie (assuming cores are the "brain" of Zygarde). Not that it wasn't already interesting that you can basically deconstruct a Pokemon, causing it to lose everything about itself when reconstructed.

Very puzzling question: How big of a chain does one need to get to in an S.O.S. fight before one might have a chance of seeing a 'mon with its hidden ability?

Very puzzling question: How big of a chain does one need to get to in an S.O.S. fight before one might have a chance of seeing a 'mon with its hidden ability?
  • Chain length of 0 to 9: 0% chance of Hidden Ability
  • Chain length of 10 to 19: 5% chance of Hidden Ability
  • Chain length of 20 to 29: 10% chance of Hidden Ability
  • Chain length of 30 to 255: 15% chance of Hidden Ability
Note that after a chain of 255 the percentage resets, so it's no use making a chain longer than that.

Hi all. My quick and simple question: What is the box next to the Pidgey (image from gamefaq), and what does the box mean? I was unable to locate an explanation on the Bulbapedia. Thanks in advance.
gfs_50686_2_61.jpg

Hi all. My quick and simple question: What is the box next to the Pidgey (image from gamefaq), and what does the box mean? I was unable to locate an explanation on the Bulbapedia. Thanks in advance.
gfs_50686_2_61.jpg
It means its holding an item.

Basically during my battle during the jango-o totem pokemon battle I encountered a weird thing
Its SOS cry called in a scizor ....

I checked serebii and some other sites but none could tell me if this was normal ...
Did I got lucky or is my game bugged ?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom