• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

It's normal...? Unlike regular Pokemon, Totem Pokemon call specific allies to help them in battle. For example Wishiwashi calls Alomomola to use Heal Pulse, Lurantis calls Castform to use Sunny Day etc.

I never got an answer: When I go through the wormhole, instead of the time being offset by 12 hours, it's only offset by 5 hours. What's up with that? Yes, my 3DS clock is set right; the guy in the cafe tells me the correct time when I'm in my own world, but when it's 4 PM IRL, he says it's 11AM in the other world. I thought it was supposed to be a 12-hour offset?

Also, I see everyone talking about Pokedex entries for Mega Evolutions, but how do I even see those? I mega evolved my Alakazam and there's nothing new in the Pokedex.

Also, I see everyone talking about Pokedex entries for Mega Evolutions, but how do I even see those? I mega evolved my Alakazam and there's nothing new in the Pokedex.
You'll need to go to Appearance/Cry section of the entry (bound to Y,) & tap on the arrows that point left or right.

When purchasing drinks from the café man at the PokéCenter is there a limit to how often will he hand out beans? Would it help to head to another Center?

Basically during my battle during the jango-o totem pokemon battle I encountered a weird thing
Its SOS cry called in a scizor ....

I checked serebii and some other sites but none could tell me if this was normal ...
Did I got lucky or is my game bugged ?

Check Serebii again under the Island Trials, this is normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really general question so I'm just going to ask it here since XY spell-checked a bunch of other move and item names: Does anybody know if there's a particular reason why Spacial Rend is spelled that way, with a C, instead of being spelled Spatial Rend, which would line up with Palkia's species classification and basically every other instance of that word in the games? Is it something to do with the original Japanese wording?

When purchasing drinks from the café man at the PokéCenter is there a limit to how often will he hand out beans? Would it help to head to another Center?

The Cafe employees give out beans just once every day. I don't think you can obtain them from every Pokémon Centre in one day, however, I don't believe I have actually tested that. I assume they don't.

I'll be starting a new Platinum playthrough soon and I'm interested in using Ludicolo and I have a Sapphire cartridge for the Dongle Method, but I'm confused about something.

Bulbapedia said:
If the player has the ability to use Pal Park, the dongle method allows specific wild Pokémon to appear depending on the GBA game. If the player cannot use Pal Park, the dongle method has no effect.

Does that mean I have to see every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex and get the National Dex before the Dongle Method works?

I recently added Mimikyu to my Pokemon Moon team, and when I went to Pokemon refresh to play with my new team member it already had 4 hearts. It was newly caught, and I hadn't even battled with it yet. Is this a glitch? Or something specific for Mimikyu?

Tweaking in Pearl Is Leading Me To Fullmoon Island Instead of Newmoon Island

When I follow the instructions to tweak to Darkrai, I get to the island, but the map title says it's Turnback Cave, and I am unable to save through the explorer kit. I can save via the kit when on Fullmoon Island (after runing around the map a bit to get there), which lets me interact with Cresselia. However, Darkrai is my current target. Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong? Thank you and happy new year.

I know for sure that the other person has to be doing absolutely nothing while you register them as VIP, or else it won't work. Could be that they also need to be online, or else you probably can't talk to their character at all.

Though a friend of mine seems to always be in my Festival Plaza, but could be because I've already registered him as VIP...

@Soki @The Outrage
An update on this, actually... I managed to register a VIP while I was offline (and just on Wireless Communication) that presumably came over when I was last online, and I did so out of curiosity since he had a notable facility that I potentially wanted.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom