• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

They should be able to appear at any time of day, but if it gets to its hideout in one location, it'll take a certain amount of time for it to respawn.

So I deposited a Rowlett three days ago asking for a Litten (pretty good deal IMO), but I think it's taking too long, so i'm curious what would you do in this situation? For how long would you wait for a GTS trade? A day? A week? A month?

So I deposited a Rowlett three days ago asking for a Litten (pretty good deal IMO), but I think it's taking too long, so i'm curious what would you do in this situation? For how long would you wait for a GTS trade? A day? A week? A month?

I always wait two days at most, mostly only one day. The GTS is pretty quick atm and your deal is indeed fine, so it shouldn't take too long, not sure what's going wrong there.

@Esserise A quick Google search shows me the definition of "spatial" when I search "spacial", and dictionary.com lists its definition as simply "spatial" with a link to its own page on that word, so I guess it may just be interchanged words.

Whenever I try to trade between my copies of Sun/Moon on 2 seperate 3DS I get a "The connection has been lost" error. I am able to see both my characters on local trade, but immediately get the connection lost error after hitting Y to accept. When I try online trading between the 2 3DS I get stuck on "accepting" until the screen times out.

I was able to trade between the two games only once after experiencing this sane issue, but I am unsure what I did to effect it. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I went ahead and friended the 2 3DS to make finding the names easier.

Whenever I try to trade between my copies of Sun/Moon on 2 seperate 3DS I get a "The connection has been lost" error. I am able to see both my characters on local trade, but immediately get the connection lost error after hitting Y to accept. When I try online trading between the 2 3DS I get stuck on "accepting" until the screen times out.

I was able to trade between the two games only once after experiencing this sane issue, but I am unsure what I did to effect it. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I went ahead and friended the 2 3DS to make finding the names easier.

Why don't you just use Quick Link, m8?

So, I'm hearing people talk about the dex entries for Megas and busted Mimikyu. I'm not entirely sure how to view these. Do you have to have mimikyu busted or mega evolve before you can see them? And can you view them in just the regular dex? Thanks:LOL:

So, I'm hearing people talk about the dex entries for Megas and busted Mimikyu. I'm not entirely sure how to view these. Do you have to have mimikyu busted or mega evolve before you can see them? And can you view them in just the regular dex? Thanks:LOL:
Typically, if a Pokémon has a form change that can be viewed in the Pokédex, you can change this form by going to the Pokédex entry, changing the form by using the Appearances/Cry function and backing out, at which point the text will change to reflect the new form. IIRC you need to have them registered in the Pokédex before this can happen, though. Edit: Also, I believe this change was implemented during Generation V, where the changes would stick instead of just being whatever the first one you had entered was.

Notable examples to get you started: non-Alolan forms of various Pokémon which are encountered thanks to Sightseers throughout your journey, all three of Zygarde's battle-capable forms and Oricorio's various Styles. Notably, I think this is the very first Pokédex which has separate entries for alternate forms in the Pokédex, explaining data about that particular form more specifically than ever before, and not just explaining about whatever new form debuted in that Generation in the case of things like Giratina or Rayquaza.

Shiny Pokémon can also be set to show their Pokédex portraits by default in this fashion, if you have any.

Edit 2: I realise I didn't answer the actual question. You have to have viewed a form at least once in order to register it as a form entry in the Pokédex, no need to catch them (though most likely you'll only be able to freely change which one shows in the Pokédex once you catch at least one of that species). So yes, you have to Mega Evolve the Pokémon to see that form in the Pokédex for those cases, too - all form changes and form differences are like this. Which is why it sucks that you can't get Deerling and Sawsbuck outside of one form if you didn't import them from Generation V...

Last edited:
Does Friend Balls' effect of setting friendship to 200 points still apply when the ball is inherited from the parents?

Trying to see if its worth it to put Riolu in one since breeding for a good Lucario would be easier this way.

Hey guys, a question: I have finally decided to take ORAS Super Secret Bases seriously and build a great base, and fill my game with level 100 pokemon bases, good puzzles, etc.

Now, the issue is that I thought that once I get a good Secret Base and save it to my "favourites" list, I can have that base for ever. But according to the game itself, it turns out that if the creator of a base I have saved to favourites decides to change the location in his own game, and change the ingame location of his Secret Base, it will also disappear in MY game (even if I have it saved to favourites).

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to have a base remain in your game no matter what the real life player does in his own game?
2. If I don´t connect to the internet, how would my game know that the other guy has changed his base? Would my game still make the Secret Base disappear in MY game? Or would it only recognize the change if I connect the to the PSS?
3. Does this affect your teammates´s bases, or only your "5favourites"' In other words, if a a player that you have selected as a grunt in your Secret Base decides to not have a Secret Base anymore, or restarts his ORAS cartridge, would he suddenly "disappear" from my base and would I effectively just lose one of my 5 grunts?
4. If I got a Secret Base via a QR Code instead of StreetPass, would it still disappear if the original owner of the base changes base or restarts his game?
5. If the original owner chages ther base to a location where an other favourite of my list has their base, which one would stay in my game? the older or the newer one?

I hope somebody can help because the game doesn´t explain any of this clearly at all. All I wanna know here is if there is a way I can be sure I won´t lose the 5 secret pals and the 15 favourite bases we can have in the game.

Last edited:
I have a game mechanics-related question. If I'm in a double battle, I have a Pokemon out with Lightning Rod as its ability, my opponent has 2 Pokemon, and one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Discharge, what happens? Does the ally Pokemon on the opponent's side still take damage from Discharge even if Lightning Rod attracts it?

I have a game mechanics-related question. If I'm in a double battle, I have a Pokemon out with Lightning Rod as its ability, my opponent has 2 Pokemon, and one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Discharge, what happens? Does the ally Pokemon on the opponent's side still take damage from Discharge even if Lightning Rod attracts it?
I'm pretty sure your other Pokemon gets hurt,at least in oras it did

I want an Eevee to learn the egg moves curse and wish. Can I just have Smeargle sketch both those moves and breed with a female Eevee or Eeveelution, or do I have to do something else? Or, is it not possible?

I want an Eevee to learn the egg moves curse and wish. Can I just have Smeargle sketch both those moves and breed with a female Eevee or Eeveelution, or do I have to do something else? Or, is it not possible?

Here's a list of what moves Eevee can learn by breeding, and with which Pokémon it needs to breed for that: Eevee (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Both can't be bred onto Eevee with Smeargle, you need different mons for that.

You can breed Curse onto Eevee with the help of Torkoal (who learns it at lvl22).

Wish, however, is a weird story, as the Gen VII Pokémon that can pass it to Eevee don't actually learn the move themselves. You first have to breed it onto those mons and then pass it onto Eevee. However, the mons that can pass it to those mons also don't learn it... so it seems impossible to do for now? Not sure how this works :/

EDIT: Wait nevermind, figured out a way: you gotta catch a Togekiss through Island Scan. If it doesn't know Wish, breed a Togepi which learns it at lvl 29. Evolve it into Togetic (Togepi can't breed) and breed it with a Togedemaru to breed Wish onto a Togedemaru. Then breed the Togedemaru with an Eevee (or Eeveelution) to breed it onto an Eevee. That seems to be the only way I think. Of course, you can also just try to find a Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss on GTS so you don't have to Island Scan for it.

Last edited:
Aiming a Prankster Riolu and need help on strategy to recognize one for capture:
Riolu's damaging moves are Fighting, so ghost pokemon can't be harmed
The only Ghost Pokémon that can learn Skill Swap for now is Misdreavus, but just breeding, with Solosis family...
So... any help? Thanks

Aiming a Prankster Riolu and need help on strategy to recognize one for capture:
Riolu's damaging moves are Fighting, so ghost pokemon can't be harmed
The only Ghost Pokémon that can learn Skill Swap for now is Misdreavus, but just breeding, with Solosis family...
So... any help? Thanks
Hold on a second... What do you need help with, exactly? Duosion is found on Ula'ula Island on Tuesday, if that's it.

However, in addition, I would recommend you get a Decidueye for False Swipe purposes.

I think they're wanting to find a way to check a Riolu's ability, since it doesn't visibly activate in battle.

Why not use a Mega Alakazam? Trace can copy again after switching out, and you can Mega Evolve on a status move so you don't take them out.

I think they're trying to avoid Final Gambit @TechSkylander1518 which is why they asked for a Ghost-type.

Aside from that, though, I'm not sure what else there is to answer that I haven't already - seems more like a request than it is asking for an answer on something. In any case, I'll wait to see if they clarify their question.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom