• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

can anyone explain this to me in a way that makes it doable?
at the whirl islands (pokemon soulsilver)
when you see the old man and at the side is a ladder and two items out of reach, how do i get to those items/the ladder
i couldnt find a video that showed it but hopefully someone can talk me through it? ive never been able to do that although have played the game a number of times

can anyone explain this to me in a way that makes it doable?
at the whirl islands (pokemon soulsilver)
when you see the old man and at the side is a ladder and two items out of reach, how do i get to those items/the ladder
i couldnt find a video that showed it but hopefully someone can talk me through it? ive never been able to do that although have played the game a number of times
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver :: Game Maps

oh i see now - every down ladder has an up ladder with the same letter as each other

in the rematches (also soulsilver/heartgold) when does my opponents team get stronger? considering i've had rematches with a number of them on several weeks and their team are still the same level every time.

So now that the bank is out I'm wondering about a few things

Can I transfer my ditto from Alpha Sapphire and transfer it back after I'm done with breeding?
Can gen 1-6 pokemon born or caught in gen 7 be transferred to gen 6 games?
What happens if you bring a pokemon to gen 7, hyper train it and transfer it back to gen 6?
Can a regular geodude with its HA spawn alolan form geodude with Galvanize if bred in gen 7?

Can I transfer my ditto from Alpha Sapphire and transfer it back after I'm done with breeding?
You can transfer Ditto from Alpha Sapphire to Sun/Moon, but not back. (This also answers your next two questions.)
Can a regular geodude with its HA spawn alolan form geodude with Galvanize if bred in gen 7?
I'm fairly certain the answer is no, but I haven't heard for sure.

Can gen 1-6 pokemon born or caught in gen 7 be transferred to gen 6 games?
What happens if you bring a pokemon to gen 7, hyper train it and transfer it back to gen 6?
Gen 6 -> 7 and Gen 1 -> 7 is a one-way trip. once a Pokemon from XYORAS and RBY go into SM, they cannot go back to their original games.
it should, but i also haven't checked.

in the rematches (also soulsilver/heartgold) when does my opponents team get stronger? considering i've had rematches with a number of them on several weeks and their team are still the same level every time.
They level up based on your story progress. I forget the exact triggers, though.

IIRC, how it works is that you need to hold the Everstone in order for the original regional variants of that Pokémon, so let's take your original Geodude - it needs to hold an Everstone in order to be bred as an original Geodude and not its Alola Form if bred in Alola.

Don't quote me on this, though. That's just apparently how it works. (Also makes it annoying for natures...)

Here's a list of what moves Eevee can learn by breeding, and with which Pokémon it needs to breed for that: Eevee (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Both can't be bred onto Eevee with Smeargle, you need different mons for that.

Actually, if you can get both onto a Smeargle, you would be able to breed and transfer them to an Eevee. If you look at Smeargle's first line entry in Smeargle (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia it says "As a result of this, it can pass on any Egg Move to Pokémon in the Field Egg Group." The catch is that you have to get both onto a Smeargle in the first place.

Second, a question for everyone. Do you know if you can change a pokémon's hidden ability to it's regular ability with an ability capsule?

Actually, if you can get both onto a Smeargle, you would be able to breed and transfer them to an Eevee. If you look at Smeargle's first line entry in Smeargle (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia it says "As a result of this, it can pass on any Egg Move to Pokémon in the Field Egg Group." The catch is that you have to get both onto a Smeargle in the first place.

Ah good catch! :D

Second, a question for everyone. Do you know if you can change a pokémon's hidden ability to it's regular ability with an ability capsule?

Here you go quoting the pedia about Smeargle and you didn't think about looking up Ability Capsule :p

From the pedia:
It also cannot be used to change a Pokémon to or from its species's Hidden Ability.

My Quote: Second, a question for everyone. Do you know if you can change a pokémon's hidden ability to it's regular ability with an ability capsule?

Here you go quoting the pedia about Smeargle and you didn't think about looking up Ability Capsule :p

From the pedia: It also cannot be used to change a Pokémon to or from its species's Hidden Ability.

Well, color me embarrassed. :oops:

And this has bothered me for a bit, but do we know what the mechanic is for determining Zygarde's ability, or is it just random chance?

And this has bothered me for a bit, but do we know what the mechanic is for determining Zygarde's ability, or is it just random chance?
Zygarde will only have Power Construct if its in its 100% form. The reason why all forms are listed as being able to have it is because it can change forms with the Zygarde Cube afterwards.

Just for my information, How d'you get a Zygarde 10% with power construct?
Once the Zygarde with Power Construct is formed, you may use the Zygarde Cube to change its default Forme between 50% Forme and 10% Forme. The Cube has this function from the outset, presumably just in case one should be traded from another game with the ability.

@Soki and @dragon_nataku thank you for your help, I now have a bunch of Eevees ready to become stall-breons (Toxic/Wish/Curse/Payback). Sorry this is so late:oops:
I have another question, but this is more of an opinion based one. I transferred all my Alpha Sapphire Pokémon to Moon today, and in doing so I realized that many are probably hacked (I didn't really bother checking IVs before). What should I do with these? I'm thinking wondertrade, as I don't like the idea of unloading them onto someone in exchange for a legit, rare Pokémon. Also, will I be banned from online services for putting these Pokémon into it Pokebank (and taking them out shortly after)? I really had no idea.:whistle:

Well, I can't tell you what to do with stuff, but I can tell you that unless the rules have changed since last gen you won't be banned for having them. I myself have ended up with a few hacked Pokemon from WT, GTS, and apparently a few used games I ended up with and I've never been banned from anything.

I think if you like those Pokemon then just keep them. I know some people have a THING against having hacked Pokemon, and I have my own random quirks about stuff so this totally isn't a judgement here, but if you have a thing against them then maybe make a post in the GTS thread on the forums saying "I've got these hacked Pokemon, does anybody want them?" since some of us don't mind hacks. If not, just WT them away; if anybody that recieves them doesn't like hacks they can just stick them back into the WT, yeah? I'm sure either way you'll make someone's day somewhere.

On the other hand, I do know that some hacked Pokemon can't even enter Pokebank so who knows if they're really hacked or not (I think this is only true for Pokemon that have to go through PokeTransporter though, so, older gens)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom