• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Can we go on Battle Spot ratings with our Kalos/Hoenn bred team? I think I heard of some rule saying we can, but I want to be sure.

What Global Link says about Pokémon that can participate in Rating Battles:
  • In Single Battles and Double Battles within Rating Battles, all Pokémon can participate, excluding certain Legendary and Mythical Pokémon.
  • Only Pokémon obtained through normal play or received as a gift at an official event or promotion with Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire may participate.
So that seems to be a yes :)

Is it possible to import a female starter from Virtual console Red/Blue through the Poke Transporter and Bank? All the ones I've done so far have ended up male.

Is it possible to import a female starter from Virtual console Red/Blue through the Poke Transporter and Bank? All the ones I've done so far have ended up male.

So I participated in the recent battle competition, the Alola Friendly, and it said all participants would get 50 BP, but I don't have any. Any idea why?

So I participated in the recent battle competition, the Alola Friendly, and it said all participants would get 50 BP, but I don't have any. Any idea why?
If it happens like the other competition, it will do the rankings, and then it will send a code on the PGL. An article will appear on the PGL saying more details when that happens.

So Pokémon transferred from VC RBY are stated to have traveled across spacetime from Kanto "from the good old days". As far as I know, Pokemon transferred to SM from RSE also display that extra line, to differentiate from ORAS which is just Hoenn.

So am I right in guessing that FRLG Pokemon display as from Kanto but without that extra line? Also, was there a feature in ORAS that would indicate RSE Pokemon as having come from a different Hoenn?

Also, was there a feature in ORAS that would indicate RSE Pokemon as having come from a different Hoenn?
A line about "after a long journey" and simply being marked as "Hoenn" for their location, and in addition, these Pokémon could be used to get a special certificate for your Super Secret Base.

According to Bulbapedia their gender is assigned at random (assuming normal distribution for the species), so some starters should be female after import, but there is no way to predict it.

According to Bulbapedia their gender is assigned at random (assuming normal distribution for the species), so some starters should be female after import, but there is no way to predict it.
Each starter does have a 12.5% female chance, so it's also based off of that, maybe

for pokemon soulsilver/heartgold - is it possible to get all the evees i need (7, i think) from breeding with dittos?

Yes, it is possible for you to breed all of the Eevees that you need. However HG/SS lacks the moss rock and the ice rock for Leafeon and Glaceon.

You will need:
Eevee
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon

Last edited:
you mean leaf stones? and i think you mean a moss rock which i hear arent found in johto or kanto, but i dont think theres element stones to evolve ice pokemon

@Esserise A quick Google search shows me the definition of "spatial" when I search "spacial", and dictionary.com lists its definition as simply "spatial" with a link to its own page on that word, so I guess it may just be interchanged words.

Coming back to this, I've since done a bit of searching and I may have found the answer. As I suspected, it does seem to be a translation thing. In the Japanese version, it seems that the move "Spacial Rend" is called "Subspace Tear". Meanwhile, Palkia's species name, "Spatial Pokémon", is just "Space Pokémon" in Japanese. So they start from two different terms originally, and through the translation process just manage to converge on two variants of the same word in English.

you mean leaf stones? and i think you mean a moss rock which i hear arent found in johto or kanto, but i dont think theres element stones to evolve ice pokemon

No, I ment the Moss Rock and Ice Rock. Neither of which can be found in Kanto/Johto.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom