• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Yeah, that's what I thought it would be as well. I think it is misleading/confusing to have another line for a Sudowoodo in the horde but ignoring it's percentage right before.

I agree I think, it took me quite a while to figure out how those percentages were supposed to work ^^;

If you want the Bulbapedia people to know, you could mention it in the BULBAPEDIA: - Suggestions, ideas, and problems thread :)

This questions is more for shiny hunters and I was wondering, if I hatch and obtain shinies from my brothers game and transfer it over to mine, would the shinies still be considered as my own Pokémon? It's a strange question, but the reason I ask is because I got my own strict rule of not counting any shinies traded from others as anything special, since I did not obtain it myself and the 'OT' would not state my own IGN.

This questions is more for shiny hunters and I was wondering, if I hatch and obtain shinies from my brothers game and transfer it over to mine, would the shinies still be considered as my own Pokémon? It's a strange question, but the reason I ask is because I got my own strict rule of not counting any shinies traded from others as anything special, since I did not obtain it myself and the 'OT' would not state my own IGN.

The shinies will have the OT of the game they were generated in, so your brother will be their OT, no matter where you send them to.

im having trouble understanding what oak and mary are saying when they talk about pokemon swarms so its not useful for finding such pokemon. what do i need to do here?

So, as I restarted my game, I needed to delete my old game sync ID and get a new one. When I submitted my removal request, It said it would be taken care of during the next scheduled maintenance. How long do I need to wait? I want to start using QR code teams and entering competitions ASAP. Thanks!

So, as I restarted my game, I needed to delete my old game sync ID and get a new one. When I submitted my removal request, It said it would be taken care of during the next scheduled maintenance. How long do I need to wait? I want to start using QR code teams and entering competitions ASAP. Thanks!
I believe that the scheduled maintenance are always at mondays.

The shinies will have the OT of the game they were generated in, so your brother will be their OT, no matter where you send them to.
If what you mean is that you use your brother's game to hatch the shiny Pokemon, then trade them to yourself, whether or not you consider them to be your own Pokemon is really up to you. If you think they have to come from your own game for it to count, then that's your decision.

Hold on a second, isn't there also the matter of the original OT partially determining whether or not a hatched Pokémon is shiny or not?

Hold on a second, isn't there also the matter of the original OT partially determining whether or not a hatched Pokémon is shiny or not?
On the earlier generations, if you traded an egg that would/wouldn't be shiny to someone else, it may have the chance to not/do hatch shiny.
Now, however, that isn't a problem.
And if the pokemon is ALREADY out of the egg, then there isn't the chance of not becoming shiny when traded.

And if the pokemon is ALREADY out of the egg, then there isn't the chance of not becoming shiny when traded.
Well, I mean, that part is obvious. I just needed clarification on the part of where the Pokémon is hatched, that's all.

So, I've never taken part in an online competition before, but I did this time to get the mega stones. Have those been distributed yet? If so, where exactly do I go to get the code for it?

I don't think they're distributed yet, as soon as they are Global Link will have an article about it in their News section with a link to the code.

I transferred 6 of my competitive Pokemon from generation 6 to generation 7 and all of them have pokerus from when I was EV training them. After I battle Dexio on the way to the battle tree, I went to the Pokemon center and forgot that if any Pokemon with pokerus gets healed, it won't be able to pass down pokerus anymore, I didn't realize it until it was too late and nurse Joy healed the Pokemon. While heading towards the battle tree, I was battling a npc and when I go to switch the Pokemon, I noticed that they can still pass down Pokerus. How did my Pokemon still have pokerus and are still able to pass them down even though I healed them at the Pokemon center?

I transferred 6 of my competitive Pokemon from generation 6 to generation 7 and all of them have pokerus from when I was EV training them. After I battle Dexio on the way to the battle tree, I went to the Pokemon center and forgot that if any Pokemon with pokerus gets healed, it won't be able to pass down pokerus anymore, I didn't realize it until it was too late and nurse Joy healed the Pokemon. While heading towards the battle tree, I was battling a npc and when I go to switch the Pokemon, I noticed that they can still pass down Pokerus. How did my Pokemon still have pokerus and are still able to pass them down even though I healed them at the Pokemon center?
Everytime the clock hits midnight, there is a chance for the Pokérus to heal, it's not by Pokémon Center. Plus, they may be cured of Pokérus, still. On the switch pokémon menu, they will show the whole Pokérus status, even if they are healed. You may want to check the pokémon outside of battle. If they only have a purple face on the place of Pokérus, that means they are healed.

I have all three Regis on my team, Regice is nicknamed Regiice, holding Ice Rock, this is 3 pm and the Island Cave is still closed in where I could catch a Regigigas. What am I missing?

Did you catch all the Regis in this game? Cause it only works if you catch them in the actual game, it doesn't work with traded ones.

Yes, they all have the same ID No.

They can still all be from a different game then though, and you just said the Island Cave is still 'closed' which is weird since it should be open as you should've caught Regice there, so are you sure you caught them all in this game? :p

I am pretty sure I caught them all by myself. To make sure I chased after two other places in which Regis could be found and they are closed as well. /:

Hm then I guess the caves close after you catch them, my memory is hazy on that. Well, the only criteria I know for this is the following:
  • You need to have defeated or caught Groudon/Kyogre
  • You need to have caught all the Regis in their respective locations in the game
  • You need to have all Regis in your Party
  • Regice must be nicknamed and holding a Casteliacone, Never-Melt Ice, Icy Rock, or Snowball
  • Regigigas only appears 24 hours after you've caught the other three Regis
Maybe the last one is your problem then?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom