• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I am trying to play Crystal on a VBA Emulator, but when I try to set the time in the beginning the game just keeps asking me over and over. Anyone know why I can't get past it?

ETA: I think it's because I downloaded a version of it that is only meant for MAC's. (D'oh!) Anyway I just went on the VBA-M site and downloaded the most popular version. Worked liked a treat. Sorry for bringing my dozyness to these parts. :)

Last edited:
in the case i dont have the heart scale (think i had a pokemon re learn a move before) do i need to leave Dunsparce at day care until level 41?

Speaking of interspecies breeding, can anyone give me a quick run-down? I mean like, if you're breeding species X with species Y, how do you guarantee you get the species you want? Or is it just dumb luck?
The species of the child is always that of the mother. So if you have a male Wailord, say, with a female Skitty, the child will be a Skitty.

Speaking of interspecies breeding, can anyone give me a quick run-down? I mean like, if you're breeding species X with species Y, how do you guarantee you get the species you want? Or is it just dumb luck?

Also, if you breed either a male or a female Pokémon with a Ditto, the child will always be the species of the non-Ditto parent. So both a male or a female Skitty with a Ditto will result in a Skitty.

in the case i dont have the heart scale (think i had a pokemon re learn a move before) do i need to leave Dunsparce at day care until level 41?

Yes, once it's level 41 it will automatically learn Ancient Power at the Day Care.

I'd like to know if me and my friend got EXTREMELY lucky, or if that's how it goes:
We are playing ORAS together, and we just got to the point where we get Latios/Latias. We received them, but I got kinda angry because we couldn't reset for a good nature, which we like to have them with, even if we also dislike using legendaries on any kind of team.
However, we both got surprised when I saw that my Latios came with Modest nature (good for a attacking mon, though I'm pretty sure a Timid would be better), and my friend got a Latias with the Calm nature (good for a tanking mon like Latias).
Now... Are the natures set, so that the players wouldn't have to redo a bunch of stuff while SR for a good natured one... Or did we just get CRAZY lucky? Either way, I'm happy.

I'd like to know if me and my friend got EXTREMELY lucky, or if that's how it goes:
We are playing ORAS together, and we just got to the point where we get Latios/Latias. We received them, but I got kinda angry because we couldn't reset for a good nature, which we like to have them with, even if we also dislike using legendaries on any kind of team.
However, we both got surprised when I saw that my Latios came with Modest nature (good for a attacking mon, though I'm pretty sure a Timid would be better), and my friend got a Latias with the Calm nature (good for a tanking mon like Latias).
Now... Are the natures set, so that the players wouldn't have to redo a bunch of stuff while SR for a good natured one... Or did we just get CRAZY lucky? Either way, I'm happy.

You got lucky, congrats.

Reminds me of my Adamant shiny Haxorus from the Nature Preserve.

@SpikOriundo I must note that you can have a Pokémon with Synchronize in the lead on Pokémon such as Latias and Latios to be able to get the nature you want. It only applies to a certain game onward, last I remember...

@SpikOriundo I must note that you can have a Pokémon with Synchronize in the lead on Pokémon such as Latias and Latios to be able to get the nature you want. It only applies to a certain game onward, last I remember...
I know that, it's just that we got off guard. We had never played ORAS specifically, so we weren't expecting to be receiving a Legendary just like that, or that we'd have to synchronize something other than Kyogre/Groudon before the Elite Four.

@SpikOriundo Ah, makes sense. In any case, yeah, you did get pretty lucky. Be sure to use them well!
And to clarify, when I said what I said when mentioning you, I meant specific cases like Latias and Latios, not just things like Kyogre/Groudon - in-game gift Pokémon. Kinda weird.

Because of the merging of the Sun/Moon section with the Pokémon Video Games section, this thread has been merged with the "Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VI Edition)" thread and renamed to "Simple Questions / Simple Answers (gen 1-6)".

Could anyone tell me whether the Magearna/Mega Stones codes are reusable if I restart my game? or are they once per copy?

Could anyone tell me whether the Magearna/Mega Stones codes are reusable if I restart my game? or are they once per copy?

Sadly can't find a lot about it, but the sources I can find about it all say you can indeed use its QR code again in a new save.

For the Mega Stones, are they Mystery Gifts? They'll probably work so long as the gift is available, and will indeed reset in a new save.
The Special QR Codes, on the other hand, are IIRC built into the game's code, so Magearna should absolutely work.

So for breeding... is the ball also inherited from the mum or can it be from either parent?

In Sun/Moon:
Male + Female = Poké Ball from female is inherited
Male + Female of exact same species = 50% chance to get female Poké Ball, 50% chance to get male Poké Ball
Male/Genderless + Ditto = Poké Ball from non-Ditto parent is inherited

With exact same species it's meant e.g. a Bulbasaur and a Bulbasaur, a Bulbasaur and an Ivysaur doesn't count.

Before Sun/Moon the Egg always gets the Poké Ball from the female, and if a male/genderless mon is bred with a Ditto, the offspring will always be in a regular Poké Ball.

Source: Bulbapedia -Inheriting Poké Balls

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom