• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I was at the festival plaza and I was offered Rare Kitchen ☆☆☆☆☆. I looked it up and it raises a Pokémon's by a sertain amount. There's one that does 9 levels and one does 1 level, I don't know if I should accept it or not because I don't to get one that does one level and I replaced one of my tresur hunt stalls for it.
tmp_9836-Screenshot_2017-06-16-11-53-07-1431098874.png

I was at the festival plaza and I was offered Rare Kitchen ☆☆☆☆☆. I looked it up and it raises a Pokémon's by a sertain amount. There's one that does 9 levels and one does 1 level, I don't know if I should accept it or not because I don't to get one that does one level and I replaced one of my tresur hunt stalls for it.

Well, it means that a pokemon will go up a certain amount of levels if you bought the food for them, up to a certain level (like the Rare Buffet, where a pokemon can eat it if it is level 89 or lower. A level 89 pokemon can still eat it and go up to level 98 this way). One pokemon can eat more than one meal at a time (up to a certain level), but only one of each meal a day.

I believe pokemon do not evolve or gain new moves this way, however.

What is the best level to evolve my Misdreavus in Platinum? I'm planing on evolving it at level 50 when he learns power gem.

When is the best time to evolve my Togetic in Platium? The moves I'm planing on Togekiss having are.
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Wish

What is the best level to evolve my Misdreavus in Platinum? I'm planing on evolving it at level 50 when he learns power gem.

When is the best time to evolve my Togetic in Platium? The moves I'm planing on Togekiss having are.
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Wish

Togetic learns Wish at level 29, and the others are learned via TM or Move Reminder, so any time after 28 should work without any problem. Though Wish and Roost seems redundant, unless you mean to use it for support, I suppose.
For Misdreavous, Mismagious doesn't really learn any moves by level up, so basically just make sure you've learned the moves you want before evolving and you should be fine.

Togetic learns Wish at level 29, and the others are learned via TM or Move Reminder, so any time after 28 should work without any problem. Though Wish and Roost seems redundant, unless you mean to use it for support, I suppose.
For Misdreavous, Mismagious doesn't really learn any moves by level up, so basically just make sure you've learned the moves you want before evolving and you should be fine.
The wish and roost being there at the same time so I can use Togekiss as support when the team is going against Cynthia when I reached the Pokemon league. Right now the entire team is at their level 30s and Togetic does has Wish right now.

The wish and roost being there at the same time so I can use Togekiss as support when the team is going against Cynthia when I reached the Pokemon league. Right now the entire team is at their level 30s and Togetic does has Wish right now.
Then it sounds like you can evolve Togetic as soon as you want and you should be just fine! :)

I have questions regarding certain Pokemon from RBY VC in terms of if possessing certain characteristics will cause them to be rejected by Transporter/Bank:
  • Due to outdated TMs, knowing a move they cannot learn in SM (i.e. Clefable with Mega Punch). Or an extension with Barrier, which is a Pokemon that could learn Barrier from TM33 in RBY but cannot in SM (i.e. Butterfree).
  • Pokemon caught with the Safari Zone glitch (i.e. Tauros that was caught on the shoreline in Cinnabar Island, due to being lazy....)
  • Pokemon that have been affected by the Missingno. item duplication glitch but completely legit otherwise (i.e. a Pokemon caught with a duplicated Master Ball, a Pokemon raised with duplicate Rare Candies, etc.)

a) Most of the TM exclusive moves from Gen 1 will still pass, with some exceptions. Specifically, the Transporter uses the Yellow TM list, and if a Pokémon cannot learn x TM on Yellow, it won't pass. So, Payday Mewtwo will stay forever the Gen 1 games... And our hearts... Or probally my heart only.
b) I believe the game doesn't track where the Pokémon was caught. Instead, Transporter rejects based on level. Example, a Dragonite that is level 7, for example, will be rejected, I do believe. Level 7 Zapdos is fine though, for whatever reason.
c) The game also doesn't track the balls that they were caught, so there ain't even a was for you to be caught by that. Ditto to duplicate Rare Candies usage.

Along the same lines, I caught a Mew using the New glitch and it would pass. Is that because of the level or is Mew rejected altogether?

I'm about to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss in Pokemon Platinum, and I don't know if I should keep flamethrower or replace it with roost. What do you guys think? Here's the planed move set.

- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Wish

Flamethrower is made almost entirely redundant by Air Slash + Aura Sphere. Outside of ghost/steel, ghost/dark, ghost/ice, ghost/electric, and ghost/rock (which doesn't even exist yet) -- Sableye, Spiritomb, Froslass, Rotom-base, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash -- Flamethrower adds no super-effective coverage alongside Aura Sphere + Air Slash.

Flamethrower is made almost entirely redundant by Air Slash + Aura Sphere. Outside of ghost/steel, ghost/dark, ghost/ice, ghost/electric, and ghost/rock (which doesn't even exist yet) -- Sableye, Spiritomb, Froslass, Rotom-base, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash -- Flamethrower adds no super-effective coverage alongside Aura Sphere + Air Slash.
Ice doesn't resist Flying...

But Flamethrower adds Super-effective coverage against ice/ghost since ghosts is immune to fighting. However, while SE Flamethrower does more damage than STAB Air Slash, my point was to show how little Flamethrower actually adds as a coverage move.

I also realize I made a mistake in that Flamethrower is not super-effective against ghost/dark types, so you're better off using Air Slash on those, anyway. This means that Flamethrower hits only a total of 5 'Mons harder than either Air Slash or Aura Sphere if run on Togekiss.

But Flamethrower adds Super-effective coverage against ice/ghost since ghosts is immune to fighting. However, while SE Flamethrower does more damage than STAB Air Slash, my point was to show how little Flamethrower actually adds as a coverage move.

I also realize I made a mistake in that Flamethrower is not super-effective against ghost/dark types, so you're better off using Air Slash on those, anyway. This means that Flamethrower hits only a total of 5 'Mons harder than either Air Slash or Aura Sphere if run on Togekiss.
I kept flamethrower in along with airslash, wish, and aura sphere. Since Flamethrower is a TM move that Togekiss can learn and TMs can only be used once until generation 5, so I had to choose very carefully and took out roost and kept the flamethrower.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom