• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

A question, I have a event Snorlax with a Snorlium. Will I be able to put the Snolax holding a Snorlium onto Pokemon Bank so that I can restart my game and still have the Snorlium?

Does anyone remember how long we had to wait last fall for the Bank to become compatible with the VC? I didn't get RBY for the VC last year, so I don't know how long it took to update. Was it in January when the Bank updated for Sun and Moon? I've looked online for a date for the RBY VC Bank update but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

According to bulbapedia, the update to Poké Transporter to allow Pokémon from RBY to SM happened on Januray 24th, so a bit over two months. I'm guessing the same will happen for GS Pokémon to be released to USM.

Just a curious question. What would be considered the "ideal" setup for a Goodra in XY without breeding? Mostly I'm referring to moves and held items. I ask because, as stated in the shiny thread, I caught a shiny Goomy and want to give her a whirl. She has a Modest nature and Sap Sipper as an ability. I know it's probably not the most ideal nature/ability combo, but I'm not in the mood to hunt down/breed another one, and I would like to try her out. I used Goodra once before but I was winging it that time, so I doubt that was the most ideal setup. So that brings us back to the question: what's the most ideal setup for a Goodra? Thanks in advance.

Just a curious question. What would be considered the "ideal" setup for a Goodra in XY without breeding? Mostly I'm referring to moves and held items. I ask because, as stated in the shiny thread, I caught a shiny Goomy and want to give her a whirl. She has a Modest nature and Sap Sipper as an ability. I know it's probably not the most ideal nature/ability combo, but I'm not in the mood to hunt down/breed another one, and I would like to try her out. I used Goodra once before but I was winging it that time, so I doubt that was the most ideal setup. So that brings us back to the question: what's the most ideal setup for a Goodra? Thanks in advance.

Interestingly enough, unless you're running Physical Goodra, all of its best moves can be taught via TM or level-up.

While Sap Sipper appears to pair better with an Adamant nature on paper due to the attack boost that the ability provides, Modest ends up being the preferred nature due to its slightly higher special attack and a much deeper pool of special moves to choose from. Its best role is probably that of an Assault Vest tank, further boosting its already-impressive 150 base special defense.

As far as moves go, Dragon Pulse is a mandatory STAB move. It also learns Sludge Bomb (Sludge Bomb is generally run over Sludge Wave because the extra 5 BP does not make a huge difference, while the 30% poison chance is generally more reliable for extra damage) and Flamethrower/Fire Blast via TM, which gives Goodra perfect SE coverage against all of its would-be checks. I'd suggest tailoring its 4th move to fit the needs of your team, providing an additional check to a threat that may be able to exploit a shared weakness among the rest of your party. You have plenty of options here:

-Thunderbolt/Thunder
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Focus Miss
-Muddy Water is a great option for the 30% chance to lower your opponent's accuracy (even though the move itself is only 85% accurate)
-I'd list Earthquake, but that's really only for Heatran anyway, so probably not.
-Even Hyper Beam is a decent option if you just wanna take one last blast at an opponent before going down.

Will they? I kind of doubt it for some reason.
If event Z-crystals are not re-distributed for USUM, then Pikashunium, Snorlium, and Mewnium will all be unavailable in the new games. This would potentially create problems wherein players could not use, for instance, Mewnium in the same party as Lycanroc-Dusk Form, to speak nothing of potential tutor moves or new Alolan forms that may be released with USUM. I imagine that the event Z-crystals will not be released to USUM right away, but I think their eventual release will be a necessity at some point in the future.

Not sure if VC counts as Gen VII since it was released in Gen VII but I'm posting my question here.

I haven't sent any of my RBY (Yellow specifically) Pokemon to Poke Transporter. With the new update, I know they made it so random encounter Pokemon can't turn shiny when they're transferred, so there's no use in making any EXP adjustments before I send them. I'm just wondering if there's anything I should tinker with before I send my Pokemon up? Any way I can make sure some of my Pokemon (the fixed encounters - Moltres, Zapdos, etc., which I already have) turn shiny, or is there no way to do that anymore?

Not sure if VC counts as Gen VII since it was released in Gen VII but I'm posting my question here.

I haven't sent any of my RBY (Yellow specifically) Pokemon to Poke Transporter. With the new update, I know they made it so random encounter Pokemon can't turn shiny when they're transferred, so there's no use in making any EXP adjustments before I send them. I'm just wondering if there's anything I should tinker with before I send my Pokemon up? Any way I can make sure some of my Pokemon (the fixed encounters - Moltres, Zapdos, etc., which I already have) turn shiny, or is there no way to do that anymore?
Actually, they corrected a mistake they had made, which was to invert the Attack and Defense DVs requirement to get a shiny. I'm 99% sure the previous requirement had made no more Pokémon available to be shiny, no addition to the ones that already were able.
The EXP adjustements are a must if you want a correct natured one, not if they are shiny. The shininess is set by their DVs, which is that the Attack DV must be a bunch of different numbers between 2 and 14, and the rest must be all 10.
But anyway, there is a way to make them turn into shiny, which is by a Arbitray Code Execution glitch (ACE), where you must organize a bunch of items in your bag a certain way, while also having an 8F, if I'm not mistaken, which is a glitch item. You can search around on Youtube, there is probaly a guide for that. I have bookmarked one, but it is out-of-date with the update.

Hi I just got two codes for the Shiny Silvally event going on and I've seen people asking for codes to trade with from past events.
My question is, is there a time limit on how long the codes are good for? Do I need to redeem them within a certain amount of time or are they good "forever"?

Also is there any benefit to redeeming a code vs having someone else redeem the code? Does it change the OT or is the OT set?

Hi I just got two codes for the Shiny Silvally event going on and I've seen people asking for codes to trade with from past events.
My question is, is there a time limit on how long the codes are good for? Do I need to redeem them within a certain amount of time or are they good "forever"?

Also is there any benefit to redeeming a code vs having someone else redeem the code? Does it change the OT or is the OT set?
They have a limit. Example, Salazzle ends on December if I'm not mistaken, Charizard on February, etc etc. You can check out Bulbapedia for their specific end dates.
About yourself vs another person redeeming, not really, unless one of the people involved are making a Wonder Card collection.
Yes, there are people out there who collect the Wonder Card for events and their different languages.
I'm not much to talk, because I collect Pokémon on rare balls, so...
Anyway, the OT for these kind of events are always set, I believe, there aren't any exception. Only specific Mystery Gifts from wi-fi, like the Snorlium-Z Munchlax, the to-come Dusk Rockruff, and a few others have their OTs changed to yours.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom