• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hi I just got two codes for the Shiny Silvally event going on and I've seen people asking for codes to trade with from past events.
My question is, is there a time limit on how long the codes are good for? Do I need to redeem them within a certain amount of time or are they good "forever"?

Also is there any benefit to redeeming a code vs having someone else redeem the code? Does it change the OT or is the OT set?

All codes have expiration dates. They're usually at the bottom of the card or receipt, but if you don't have one then you can always check online. They generally tend to end several months after the distribution ends, so you have plenty of time.

Although I'm not sure how strict the codes are. For example, I had a free theme code for my Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon game that I got. I wanted to wait until I acquired a new, better DS to use it though. The paper said the code would expire at the beginning of this year. However, when I used it two months ago, it still worked.

Regarding your second question, no there is no benefit. Unless you have too many Wonder Cards, but you can always simply delete those and resume downloading gifts. And the OT doesn't change. A gift Pokemon will always come from where the gift is designed to come from. For example, your Shiny Silvally will always have the OT be Aether, even if a friend of yours downloads it instead.

They have a limit. Example, Salazzle ends on December if I'm not mistaken, Charizard on February, etc etc. You can check out Bulbapedia for their specific end dates.
About yourself vs another person redeeming, not really, unless one of the people involved are making a Wonder Card collection.
Yes, there are people out there who collect the Wonder Card for events and their different languages.
I'm not much to talk, because I collect Pokémon on rare balls, so...
Anyway, the OT for these kind of events are always set, I believe, there aren't any exception. Only specific Mystery Gifts from wi-fi, like the Snorlium-Z Munchlax, the to-come Dusk Rockruff, and a few others have their OTs changed to yours.

All codes have expiration dates. They're usually at the bottom of the card or receipt, but if you don't have one then you can always check online. They generally tend to end several months after the distribution ends, so you have plenty of time.

Although I'm not sure how strict the codes are. For example, I had a free theme code for my Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon game that I got. I wanted to wait until I acquired a new, better DS to use it though. The paper said the code would expire at the beginning of this year. However, when I used it two months ago, it still worked.

Regarding your second question, no there is no benefit. Unless you have too many Wonder Cards, but you can always simply delete those and resume downloading gifts. And the OT doesn't change. A gift Pokemon will always come from where the gift is designed to come from. For example, your Shiny Silvally will always have the OT be Aether, even if a friend of yours downloads it instead.

Thank you both! That answers all my questions.

Hey guys - a question on hyper training. There's an overwhelming feeling in my head that this is a dumb question but I'm struggling to find a conclusive answer on the internet!

As we know, perfect IVs are only utilised correctly if the Pokemon has been appropriately EV trained.
Does using a gold bottle cap on a Pokemon negate the need for EV training? Like, if I obtained a Pokemon and knew that at level 100 I'd be using a gold bottle cap - do I need to invest any time on EVs?

Hey guys - a question on hyper training. There's an overwhelming feeling in my head that this is a dumb question but I'm struggling to find a conclusive answer on the internet!

As we know, perfect IVs are only utilised correctly if the Pokemon has been appropriately EV trained.
Does using a gold bottle cap on a Pokemon negate the need for EV training? Like, if I obtained a Pokemon and knew that at level 100 I'd be using a gold bottle cap - do I need to invest any time on EVs?
It does not negate the need for EV Training, no. You still need to build those up as you normally would - you'd just be getting the full extent of your Pokémon's strength when combined with IVs/Hyper Training.

Hey guys!

A couple of VC questions here.

The first is concerning the Nature manipulation trick in RBY (where the last two digits of a Pokemon’s EXP when you send it to bank determine the Nature it will have). Does anyone know if this also works in GS?

The second question is, can my VC Pokemon visit XY and ORAS via bank or is it only Sun and Moon they’ll be able to end up in?

Many thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

The first is concerning the Nature manipulation trick in RBY (where the last two digits of a Pokemon’s EXP when you send it to bank determine the Nature it will have). Does anyone know if this also works in GS?

The second question is, can my VC Pokemon visit XY and ORAS via bank or is it only Sun and Moon they’ll be able to end up in?

Many thanks in advance!
For the first one, we'll have to wait for the Transporter Update first and see if it has any changes. Else, I hope it works exactly like on RBY.
For the second, no, unfortunately. Sun and Moon only.

Hey guys!

Many thanks in advance!

1st question- No one knows for sure, but not many reasons they'll do anything different.
2nd question- VC Pokemon can only go to Gen 7 games, and won't go to Gen 6 games. I don't know if VC games from Gold/Silver will go to Sun/Moon, however.

For the first one, we'll have to wait for the Transporter Update first and see if it has any changes. Else, I hope it works exactly like on RBY.

For the second, no, unfortunately. Sun and Moon only.

1st question- No one knows for sure, but not many reasons they'll do anything different.

2nd question- VC Pokemon can only go to Gen 7 games, and won't go to Gen 6 games. I don't know if VC games from Gold/Silver will go to Sun/Moon, however.

Ok, thanks guys!

So, are the Gloabal Missions for SuMO over? (as the schedule for USUM has been released now)

So, are the Gloabal Missions for SuMO over? (as the schedule for USUM has been released now)
Yeah, they have been for a while. The "Get a number one prize on lottery" was the last one, that happened a few months ago.

This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering something. Is the Island Scan QR Code thingy still accessible in SM, or are those codes no longer in effect? I know that the Mystery Gift codes for things like the Mega Stones are gone now, but I can't seem to find a solid answer about the QR Codes for Island Scan. I admit I still have a few to do (mainly because I flat-out forgot about the scan thing to begin with, as it's never really touched upon in-game). So are the QR Code Island Scan thing still functional or has that gone the wayside?

This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering something. Is the Island Scan QR Code thingy still accessible in SM, or are those codes no longer in effect? I know that the Mystery Gift codes for things like the Mega Stones are gone now, but I can't seem to find a solid answer about the QR Codes for Island Scan. I admit I still have a few to do (mainly because I flat-out forgot about the scan thing to begin with, as it's never really touched upon in-game). So are the QR Code Island Scan thing still functional or has that gone the wayside?
They all will keep working, they don't have a limit.

Thank you very much. That's a relief as, like I said, I still have a few Mons to catch, but I kept forgetting that little feature existed. But thank you for clarifying that for me, it's a big help. ^_^
Special_QR_Codes.png

I still have the QR codes that were released during the Festival Plaza event saved on my PC. These codes are worth 20 points each, and since you have 10 scans per day, you can scan all 5, catch something, and then scan all 5 again and catch something else.

Have the amount of Poke Beans earned on a maxed Pelago been reduced? I used to have surpluses, but now it seems I spend more of them than can be regenerated...
Nah, you just have to keep shaking the tree and more will fall.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom