• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Does anyone know exactly how to get Pawniard to appear? I know it's an SOS ally in Route 17's brown grass, but is it only with specific Pokémon?
I'm not certain, but if I'm to guess, it's SOS with Bisharp. And guessing with how long it took me to find him, I'm guessing he has like a 5% chance to appear.

Ironically, my very next encounter after seeing the first response was a Bisharp, so I got lucky there, I guess.

I bought a Garchompite for my marvelous Garchomp but how do I mega-evolve it? I don't see any option to do so in battle.

Edit
Because I don't have the required key stone. Duh. I just got one at Poni Island, right before entering Poni Meadow.

Last edited:
Is Cosmog still obtainable like in S/M? I just beat the Elite 4 the other day, and so far the only post-game stuff i've done was catching the Tapus and Solgaleo. Do i just use the same method from S/M to get a Cosmog, or is there something different i have to do in this game?

Is there a point to playing with the random Pokemon?

Is there anything special that happens at Pikachu valley?

I read on Reddit that apparently Dusk Lycanroc being breedable is a glitch and it was never supposed to be breedable. Is that true? And if so, do you think Game Freak will rectify that with an update? Should we start breeding en masse now?

I read on Reddit that apparently Dusk Lycanroc being breedable is a glitch and it was never supposed to be breedable. Is that true? And if so, do you think Game Freak will rectify that with an update? Should we start breeding en masse now?
If it is a glitch, then it is now a feature. Too many people now have bred shiny Dusks now, bred competitive Dusks, etc etc.To turn all of that illegal, would be a giant mistake.
But anyway, I doubt that it is a glitch. They know that we hate shiny locks, no reason why they should turn a normal Pokémon into a shiny lock.

Quick question regarding the Poke Bank's latest upgrade. Can you now store/transfer eggs in the bank? I'm not 100% sure that you could in the past, but I'm wondering, thanks to the upgrade for USUM, are eggs now transferable? Thanks in advance.

Quick question regarding the Poke Bank's latest upgrade. Can you now store/transfer eggs in the bank? I'm not 100% sure that you could in the past, but I'm wondering, thanks to the upgrade for USUM, are eggs now transferable? Thanks in advance.

Nope. I was banking all 32 boxes of my PC in Moon and the eggs still can't go. Now all I have left in my Moon version are a couple of level 1 breedjects and a box full of unhatched eggs.

Nope. I was banking all 32 boxes of my PC in Moon and the eggs still can't go. Now all I have left in my Moon version are a couple of level 1 breedjects and a box full of unhatched eggs.

Slag, I was hoping I could do a bit of clever manipulating with breeding in SM and transferring the unhatched eggs to their destination via the bank, as I'm working with one 3DS instead of two thanks to faulty battery problems. Ah, well, thank for answering me.

I'm trying to catch a Modest natured Goomy in Ultra Moon on Route 17, but have been having no luck.

Is it true that the first slot Pokemon has to have the nature you desire, while you keep the actual Synchronizer on the field to get said nature? I'm super confused (and frustrated).

I'm trying to catch a Modest natured Goomy in Ultra Moon on Route 17, but have been having no luck.

Is it true that the first slot Pokemon has to have the nature you desire, while you keep the actual Synchronizer on the field to get said nature? I'm super confused (and frustrated).
As far as I know, the Pokémon with the Synchronize ability must be the first Pokémon in the party. It causes a 50% chance of wild Pokémon of having the nature of the Pokémon with Synchronize. That is how I have understood it.

As far as I know, the Pokémon with the Synchronize ability must be the first Pokémon in the party. It causes a 50% chance of wild Pokémon of having the nature of the Pokémon with Synchronize. That is how I have understood it.

For the new ally to have the same nature, the Pokemon with Synchronize has to be present in battle each time an ally is called.

Also, sort of a technicality I guess, but the Pokemon that on the field is always considered to be in the first slot, regardless of team order outside of battle.

For the new ally to have the same nature, the Pokemon with Synchronize has to be present in battle each time an ally is called.

Also, sort of a technicality I guess, but the Pokemon that on the field is always considered to be in the first slot, regardless of team order outside of battle.

I see. I only asked because I had been reading that the Synchronize mechanic in Sun & Moon was a bit...different when it came to S.O.S chained allies.

I've caught my sixth Goomy, only to be disappointed that she isn't Modest natured :( I think at this point I'll just have to resort to breeding (and then hatching her in Route 17 to get a similar effect).

Thanks for your help

Where can you get drain punch as a tutor move? I want to teach it to my Buneary.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom