• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

That'd be on Poni Island, at the last batch of move tutors. I haven't reached there yet, but something tells me it might be restricted to post game. I've heard the ladies are at the Battle Tree.
The battle Tree is for the post game, so we won't be able to get there until after becoming champion.

Anyone else noticed that Beldum can only know one move? I tutored it Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. Checked it's moves and only Zen Headbutt was there.

Anyone else noticed that?

Anyone else noticed that Beldum can only know one move? I tutored it Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. Checked it's moves and only Zen Headbutt was there.

Anyone else noticed that?

It's a bug/glitch that was resolved in the 1.1 patch. If a Pokemon knows less than 4 moves, teaching it a move at the move tutor will overwrite/delete the first move instead of adding a second/third/fourth move. So apparently Take Down was replaced with Iron Head and Iron Head was replaced with Zen Headbutt.

Is it possible to soft reset Lunala for a right nature like what you can do in Sun and Moon?

Is it possible to soft reset Lunala for a right nature like what you can do in Sun and Moon?
Yes. Just save before the battle on Mahalo Trail, and simply reset if it doesn't have your desired nature. Having a full party makes this quicker, since you can immediately view its summary after catching it (by having a full party).

Yes. Just save before the battle on Mahalo Trail, and simply reset if it doesn't have your desired nature. Having a full party makes this quicker, since you can immediately view its summary after catching it (by having a full party).
Would you be able to quickly leave to get your Synchronize Pokemon and come back?

Would you be able to quickly leave to get your Synchronize Pokemon and come back?
Mmm. The battle only becomes available after you clear the Necrozma plot. So you can prepare at your own leisure ;)

So yes-ultimately, you can get your Synchronizer, all the balls you need, prepare your catching 'mon and then head to the trail for a brief scene with Lillie, and then capture Nebby.

When and how can I download the Hat Pikachu I received with my cinema ticket for M20?

Open up your menu and use the QR scanner.
How early in the game can I do this?
Will it be obvious which menu once I start the game?
(I know these are utter dumbass questions but I haven't actually opened the box yet...)

Just a curious question. Does anyone know why Water Shuriken changed from a physical move to a special move between Gen VI and VII? I admit it took me way too long to realize this had happened, as I took note of it just by chance, but it strikes me as odd that, for the first time since the transition between Gen III and IV, a move had its category changed. But either way, why did Water Shuriken switch from physical to special? The only possible idea I can come up with is Ash-Greninja, but other than that, I find it surprising that the move shifted categories. So any idea why? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps it was simply an arbitrary decision... Though it does make it so that it can take advantage of its stronger attacking stat. So that's what I'd guess - it'd allow you to take better advantage of the move as Ash-Greninja without having to rely on a mixed or physical set, which it isn't as great for.

Perhaps it was simply an arbitrary decision... Though it does make it so that it can take advantage of its stronger attacking stat. So that's what I'd guess - it'd allow you to take better advantage of the move as Ash-Greninja without having to rely on a mixed or physical set, which it isn't as great for.

Yeah, it makes sense, especially since Ash-Greninja gains a larger Sp Atk boost than Attack. Though, to be fair, physical/mixed Greninjas aren't too shabby either. I've used those types before and they've served me well, even taking down competitive-based ones in the past. In fact, my last two Greninjas ended up physical-based (one of which had a neutral nature and speed-boosting characteristic, yet somehow shifted quite strongly, almost 20 points, to physical after evolving), and they still mow everything down. So physical/mixed Greninjas aren't exactly horrible, either. But I do agree with your reasons otherwise, as Ash-Greninja does seem to have a stronger focus on the special side of the equation than physical (which is kinda ironic, given its original moves in the anime are physical-based before Water Shuriken shifted gears). Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom