• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

This thread is for game play questions regarding Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Keep in mind in this thread Spoilers will be allowed.

If you have a question about USUM but dont want to be spoiled post here: USUM Simple Questions/Simple Answers(Spoiler Free)
So im trying to beat ultra nectrozma and BOY is it tough. I looked up a video of somone using a lvl 55 zorark and beating him with two foul plays. he sucked up 2 photon geysers because he is dark type and i have a malamar with foul play so i tought that maybye i could mimic him. i treid but for some reason I GOT HIT BY THE GEYSER. now two things that could have caused this: 1 the fact my malamar has contrary, i read the entire bulbapedia desc of contary and it didn't say anything on types. 2 the fact malamar is a psychic type, this one is a bit weird but i think it might have to do with the fact that he is a psychic type. i have no clue and now im sad (n)

Is the surfing pikachu shiny locked?
It is...
NOT!
Finally! I was so god dang angry with the Pokémon box Ruby Sapphire Pichu that could have Surf and be shiny, but couldn't actually be transfered with Surf.
Wait, this is simple answers...

TL;DR It is not locked, you can get a shiny version of a Surfing Pikachu.

wanting to trade my Rayquaza from Omega Ruby to my X game. Rayquaza knows: Extreme speed, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Ascent what moves do I need to delete so that I can trade it to myself?

I am already aware of the way to get wild hapiny, (baby pokemon SOS), but i've heard aboug trading a pandcham for a hapiny in a sushi bar in melie city. I saw a pic of the person you are suppost to trade with (she sits arcoss from a guy at a table) but in my game on the 2Ds she is not there!

Help?

I am already aware of the way to get wild hapiny, (baby pokemon SOS), but i've heard aboug trading a pandcham for a hapiny in a sushi bar in melie city. I saw a pic of the person you are suppost to trade with (she sits arcoss from a guy at a table) but in my game on the 2Ds she is not there!
The Happiny trade is only in SM. Alternatively, you can catch a Chansey in Poni Wilds and breed it while it's holding a Luck Incense.

Last edited:
My son and daughter got a 3DS for christmas. My son has his game all saved up. I am wondering can we put the game into another 3DS(my daughters) and let her start from the beginning without messing up my sons game?

Nope. One save per Pokemon game cartridge. Doesn't matter what 3ds you put it in. The saves are tied to the cartridge for the 3ds games and not the system.

Plus you'll screw up a couple of things by putting it in another system. Nothing major but it'll prevent you from doing certain time-based events for two days or so if the cartridge detects any time change (either from being played on another system or if you change the system clock in the 3DS settings itself).

The Happiny trade is only in SM. Alternatively, you can catch a Chansey in Poni Wilds and breed it while it's holding a Luck Incense.
oh ):
well, I just got to poni island so I'll try to catch one when I can.
The happiny line is my favorite.

Bouncing off of that, ^^ does the game care if I change the date or just the time of day? Not that it should effect me, but I'm curious since I just fixed my New 2DS's date.
Secondarily, what's the point of a Move Deleter in USUM? There are no HMs, so when would you need him?

@Pilup99
I think it actually does affect time-based events if you change the date.

As for your second point, well... it's probably more useless in SuMo than it is in USUM - pretty much the only purpose in the former is to troll players by trading them things with a single move. However, in USUM, it's a similar situation to Oras where you can use it to delete moves that don't exist in SuMo (such as Photon Geyser, or Mind Blown if you have it on a Smeargle, for example), thus allowing you to trade or bank these Pokémon back over to previous versions.

I got just one 3DS, a Pokémon Y digital copy, a Pokémon X digital copy and a Pokémon X physical copy.

On Nintendo Pokémon website (don't remember where), if I am not wrong, I can register only two of them in my account. What would be the best choice?

P.S.: What is that registration for?

Last edited:
I got just one 3DS, a Pokémon Y digital copy, a Pokémon X digital copy and a Pokémon X physical copy.

On Nintendo Pokémon website (don't remember where), if I am not wrong, I can register only two of them in my account. What would be the best choice?

P.S.: What is that registration for?
IIRC, registering for the Global Link enables you to see current battle competitions, trade in Pokémiles, see your GTS history, and viewing your base's details in ORAS. Gen VI games can't be registered anymore, unfortunately - the site only accepts Gen VII at the moment.

IIRC, registering for the Global Link enables you to see current battle competitions, trade in Pokémiles, see your GTS history, and viewing your base's details in ORAS. Gen VI games can't be registered anymore, unfortunately - the site only accepts Gen VII at the moment.

Thank you. Can I still use GTS, though?

Hello everyone ¿someone have skills or have pokédex sprites?
something like this
RowletSprite.png

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom