• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

will Long Reach activate Shell Trap?
or will it allow Decidueye to hit Turtonator without activating it?
I have found weird info on bulbapedia that this move isnt listed in some places relating to this ability.

My 3DS’s clock is right, yet my game shows it’s still bright out. Would my Cubone evolve based on in game time or real time?

Really? You can do this? Not for the first run through the story though I imagine.
Yes, you can do it on the first run through the story. I just don't think you can do it the first time you are doing the Ultra Ride. I'll check here in a little bit.

will Long Reach activate Shell Trap?
or will it allow Decidueye to hit Turtonator without activating it?
I have found weird info on bulbapedia that this move isnt listed in some places relating to this ability.

Long Reach make it so that contact moves to make contact. Shell Trap activates if any Physical moves hit the user. Since Shell Trap is not conditional to contact, I'd say that Long Reach has no affect on it.

That said, I've not tested it to be 100% sure.

So last night (late Sunday, technically Monday since it was past midnight) I was playing Ultra Moon and I went to do some of the daily activities and my game was like: nope you already did them today. Which is true. So I checked the time on my 3DS and it wasn’t adjusted for DST. So I changed my 3DS clock forward an hour. Go back to the game and it’s still registering me as having done all of the daily activities (Festival Plaza, battling Morimoto and Iwao). Okay, fine.

I just check it again as it is past midnight and now technically Tuesday and it’s still saying I have to come back tomorrow. Any idea what this could be? Did I brick my game?

Thanks guys for any advice.

Edit:

So last night (late Sunday, technically Monday since it was past midnight) I was playing Ultra Moon and I went to do some of the daily activities and my game was like: nope you already did them today. Which is true. So I checked the time on my 3DS and it wasn’t adjusted for DST. So I changed my 3DS clock forward an hour. Go back to the game and it’s still registering me as having done all of the daily activities (Festival Plaza, battling Morimoto and Iwao). Okay, fine.

I just check it again as it is past midnight and now technically Tuesday and it’s still saying I have to come back tomorrow. Any idea what this could be? Did I brick my game?

Thanks guys for any advice.

Nevermind. Apparently the 3DS doesn’t have auto detection for DST (which is annoying, especially since I am very anti-DST) so when you adjust the clock on your 3DS you’re penalized for “cheating” with in game events *massive eye roll*

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to encounter a NPC trainer who uses a non-Alola based starter in the Battle Royal before beating the league?

What would happen if Komala held a toxic/flame orb?

Comatose makes it completely immune to Poison and Burn, so I would assume the item never activates and the game never gives any text acknowledging it, just like Toxic Orb won't ever activate if the holder gets burned/paralyzed/etc. first.

Does Symbiosis work if a partner Mega Evolves?

For example:
Double battle format.
Symbiosis Florges with a random berry. Garchomp with Mega Stone.
Garchomp mega evolves.

Will the Florges pass on the berry to Mega Garchomp?

Can you run from Tapu Koko's battle and come back to it?

Eyup. You can make it faint, too, and come back once you've cleared the League again.

Is it possible to encounter a NPC trainer who uses a non-Alola based starter in the Battle Royal before beating the league?

Yes. I went against a Mega Blastoise and my level 20 mons got butchered.

I believe Mega Stones are still considered held even after their holder Mega Evolves.

They're also impossible to Knock-off, and Acrobatics never kicks in.

does it count as a chain when the call isn’t answered or only when Pokémon show up? I read somewhere that getting to 70 chains ups your shiny chances. My son wants a shiny bisharp and I think I’d rather chain for it than try to hatch for it.

Thanks!

What are all the ways you can break a chain?

I’m chaining bisharp and he keeps calling goomy so obviously if I knock bisharp out rather than goomy (or even pawniard who I learned the hard way doesn’t call for help) the chain will end, but are there any other ways? I’m at 200+ chains with only one HA pawniard showing up and no shinies and now I’m worried I did something wrong and I’m wasting my time lol

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom