• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hi, quick question. I'm continuing my SoulSilver run (as I misplaced my UltraSun while cleaning up my apartment, though I've also been very happily distracted with my shiny new Dragon Quest XI game) and I wanted to ask something regarding a certain Mon. When would be the "best" time to evolve a Nidorina into a Nidoqueen? I haven't raised a Nido in who knows how long, but I wanted to try something different this time around (plus my luck with getting a decent male Nidoran wasn't very good). My Nidorina is currently at Lv30, has Poison Point, has a Serious nature, and I'm just past the first trip to the Lighthouse (which means I'll be heading off to get the Secret Potion shortly, but I wanted to do some grinding first), but I'm not sure when would be the most "ideal" time to evolve her. Again, this is Gen IV, and it's the first time I've "properly" raised a Nido since my very first SoulSilver run, so my Nido-knowledge is rusty. So just to restate the question: when is the "best" time to evolve a Nidorina into a Nidoqueen? Thanks in advance to whoever decides to answer.

Hi, quick question. I'm continuing my SoulSilver run (as I misplaced my UltraSun while cleaning up my apartment, though I've also been very happily distracted with my shiny new Dragon Quest XI game) and I wanted to ask something regarding a certain Mon. When would be the "best" time to evolve a Nidorina into a Nidoqueen? I haven't raised a Nido in who knows how long, but I wanted to try something different this time around (plus my luck with getting a decent male Nidoran wasn't very good). My Nidorina is currently at Lv30, has Poison Point, has a Serious nature, and I'm just past the first trip to the Lighthouse (which means I'll be heading off to get the Secret Potion shortly, but I wanted to do some grinding first), but I'm not sure when would be the most "ideal" time to evolve her. Again, this is Gen IV, and it's the first time I've "properly" raised a Nido since my very first SoulSilver run, so my Nido-knowledge is rusty. So just to restate the question: when is the "best" time to evolve a Nidorina into a Nidoqueen? Thanks in advance to whoever decides to answer.
Level-wise, I would say the best time to evolve your Nidorina is when it learns Crunch at level 43, as this is also the level at which Nidoqueen learns Earth Power. I think being able to get a new Ground type move right away makes this the most convenient point.

Looking at your question from a "game progress" perspective though, it would also be good to have it evolved by the time you face Jasmine if your team doesn't already have a way to handle Steel types. In my most recent HeartGold run, having Typhlosion meant I didn't feel pressured to evolve my Nidorino by then, but that might not be the case with you.

Hello everybody. So I've been recently playing a classic Gold Version cartridge I bought back in 2013 on my Game Boy Pocket and I've been flipping between training a Poliwrath or using my Lapras for the Elite Four. I just caught a Poliwag, but at the time of capture all I had was Lure Balls and one Heavy Ball (so sue me, I spent all my money on vitamins to evolve my Eevee).

I honestly, do not want to wait for days on end just to get a call from the Fisherman who gives you Water Stones, so I figured I'd just evolve it into Poliwhirl and then trade it into Gen 1, buy a Water Stone at the Celadon Department Store and then evolve it in game and trade it back.

The problem being...I know there are restrictions on the Time Capsule like moves and held items. The question is, if I captured Poliwag in one of Kurt's custom made Pokeballs will that prevent the Poliwhirl from being traded into the game as well. I have a GBP, GBC and old friend pawned off to me and a link cable...I just need to make sure I can still do the trade.
Should be fine. Gen I and II don't keep track of what pokeballs you caught your mons in, so it shouldn't keep you from trading. Also, the Fisherman only gives out Water Stones in Crystal, iirc

Level-wise, I would say the best time to evolve your Nidorina is when it learns Crunch at level 43, as this is also the level at which Nidoqueen learns Earth Power. I think being able to get a new Ground type move right away makes this the most convenient point.

Looking at your question from a "game progress" perspective though, it would also be good to have it evolved by the time you face Jasmine if your team doesn't already have a way to handle Steel types. In my most recent HeartGold run, having Typhlosion meant I didn't feel pressured to evolve my Nidorino by then, but that might not be the case with you.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I didn't have to worry about Jasmine, as I had a Typhlosion as well (who utterly steamrolled her, which is a shame because she's such a sweet Gym Leader, and the only female Johto Gym Leader who doesn't have a temper tantrum when she loses), so I could afford to wait to evolve Nidorina. So Lv43 it is. Thanks again.

Should be fine. Gen I and II don't keep track of what pokeballs you caught your mons in, so it shouldn't keep you from trading. Also, the Fisherman only gives out Water Stones in Crystal, iirc
So I would need to trade over anyway. Well at least I don't have to worry and can take care of it. Thanks for the information.

Is it possible to trade with youself using digital Pokémon games, two 3DS and and the same Nintendo account (aka. not having to buy the games for different accounts)?

Unfortunately, no. You can only have one 3DS console linked to a given Nintendo Network Account, and you can only download a digital game onto a 3DS connected to the account that owns the game. So unless you have a physical copy to put in the second DS, you're basically out of luck. Sorry.

Hi, quick question. I received a WT earlier today and the Mon was holding something unusual. It was holding a Relic Gold, something that I haven't seen since Gen V. And it appears to be a "valuable item" judging by the description. Does that mean Relic Gold is obtainable somehow? Does that mean that it and its fellow Relic items are in the coding of the games past Gen V? And if so, are any of them obtainable and can they fetch a price? Or is hacking the only way to get them? Just wondering, since I do know that some of the more "item maniac" items got somewhat of a nerf in terms of price after Gen V because they became more common (Balm Mushroom, for example, went from 25000 to 7500, if memory serves, but correct me if I'm wrong), which makes me wonder if any of the Relic items be sold for cash. I'd access the wiki for this question, but my web browser (Fyrefox) keeps crashing whenever I boot up a page on the wiki (it's been doing this for a while, so I doubt it's just a problem with bulba). Just wondering if that's the case. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it's hacked-the wiki says the most recent way to obtain it was in ORAS, and bank doesn't let you send up items. It's still in the coding of the games, though, and it can still be sold.

Hello everyone. I have a question as someone who wants to get into competitive play. Is there something like a go-to-team for starting out in competitive battling? Or something solid that stood the test of time, just to get used to the online battling mechanics and what attacks and tactics bear fruit? Not minding IV, EV, nature etc, which i would consider to advanced for starting out

Hello everyone. I have a question as someone who wants to get into competitive play. Is there something like a go-to-team for starting out in competitive battling? Or something solid that stood the test of time, just to get used to the online battling mechanics and what attacks and tactics bear fruit? Not minding IV, EV, nature etc, which i would consider to advanced for starting out
There is both Pokémon Showdown and the Pokémon Global Link that have the most used Pokémon in formats (click on the Rating battles then the games you're using then the format you want to play in for checking the most used Pokémon). The Global Link also provides qr teams if you want to try out other people's teams in game which can be useful to learn some of the battling basics and strategies of that format. (to find rental teams you need to be logged into the global link and hit QR rental teams from the main menu then go to the pick the appropriate selections) But it would be helpful to look over the team to get a general idea of how it works.. If your unsure just by looks then the best way to learn how a team is supposed to be played is to use the team against other players. Trial and error is usually the best way to learn how teams function. Just don't forget to also learn team functions, and strategies from your opponents :p. Being able to gather inspiration for team building comes from both winning and losing.

Can you move Pokemon in Pokemon Box from a Gen VII game to a Gen VI one, assuming they were Pokemon that existed in that previous generation? (For example, a Spheal I got yesterday through Island Scan?)

Also if you send a Pokemon that evolves via trade through different games using Pokemon Box, will it evolve or not?

I assume you mean bank. Mons in Bank that have not been put into a gen 7 game can be moved to a gen 6 game just fine, but if they have been moved into a gen 7 game they cannot be moved back into a gen 6 game even from bank.

Mons will not evolve being put into or taken out of bank, even through to different games.

Hi, so I went into my not so local GAME store and asked if they had any Zeraora codes, but the one I was given was for the Lugia and Ho-oh event. So I went back to the store before heading home and they said they didn't have any Zeraora codes, they only had codes for Lugia and Ho-oh and that the Zeraora codes are being distributed via email through the Pokémon company. I phoned another GAME store today and they said the same.

So, I'm quite confused on how to get one because I have seen conflicting information online, with some websites and forums stating both GAME stores and online.

I am a UK resident (Scotland) and Zeraora is the last monster I need for my living National Dex in UltraMoon/Bank. How do I get it?

I don't know if this is simple enough for this thread, but I was curious about changing types while using a Z-Move.
  • If a Pokemon used Ion Deluge on the same turn that another Pokemon intended to use Breakneck Blitz, would Breakneck Blitz be changed in any way?
  • Can a Pokemon with a type-changing ability (Aerialate, Pixilate, Refrigerate, or Galvanize) still use Breakneck Blitz, even though their Normal-type moves would become another type? Is it still a Normal-type move when used?

Can a Pokemon with a type-changing ability (Aerialate, Pixilate, Refrigerate, or Galvanize) still use Breakneck Blitz, even though their Normal-type moves would become another type? Is it still a Normal-type move when used?

I tested it on Showdown with a Refrigerate Aurorus holding Normalium Z and Hyper Voice, and it turns into an ice type Breakneck Blitz.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom