• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

If I lose to a Master Trainer, will my Pokemon's happiness be affected?
If it works the same way as in the other games, a Pokemon loses at least a point of its friendship quota whenever it faints. The trainer doesn't matter so much as the opposing Pokemon's level (1 point if it's less than 30 levels higher, 5 if it's at least 30 levels higher and your Pokemon's friendship quota is under 200, and 10 if the quota is over 200).

Is it possible to use Bank to transfer mons direct from Gen 5 to Gen 7, or do you need a Gen 6 game to dock them inbetween?
Nope, you don't need Gen 6. You can just use Poke transporter to transfer them from 5 to Bank and from Bank to Gen 7. HOWEVER, it is not possible to transfer any pokemon from Gen 7 back to 6. Not even if the originated in Gen 6. Just keep that in mind if you like to collect ribbons or stuff like that

Nope, you don't need Gen 6. You can just use Poke transporter to transfer them from 5 to Bank and from Bank to Gen 7. HOWEVER, it is not possible to transfer any pokemon from Gen 7 back to 6. Not even if the originated in Gen 6. Just keep that in mind if you like to collect ribbons or stuff like that

2. Can I manipulate the clock in Pearl without resetting the time (like SM Poké Pelago?), so just drop the Spheres, change the time, and prest:bulbaWave:whammo, high level spheres?

I'm not sure what is meant by "manipulating the clock in Pearl without resetting the time" but I remember I once successfully caught a Driftloon in Pearl on I believe a Saturday when they only appear on Fridays via resetting the date in my DS settings. Ergo it IS possible to change the date and time in the game.

What kind of pokemon are faster? Average and mediana speed? Special attackers or physical attackers?

you could give a better answer...
I try to see if there is already data if there are more physical attackers or more special attackers in the games.
Also if there are more pokemon walls(both spectrums: physical and special and which one more) or attackers (the same).

Interesting would be to see that data also for every type seperate.
Interesting if the pokemon creators have such data or if they create pokemon by feelings only?
In my opinion they would and could create then maybe faster pokemon with more diverse in game use.
Also interesting if they first create the pokemon and then other things and how long do they test the games at work before the release date.

you could give a better answer...
I try to see if there is already data if there are more physical attackers or more special attackers in the games.
Also if there are more pokemon walls(both spectrums: physical and special and which one more) or attackers (the same).

Interesting would be to see that data also for every type seperate.
Interesting if the pokemon creators have such data or if they create pokemon by feelings only?
In my opinion they would and could create then maybe faster pokemon with more diverse in game use.
Also interesting if they first create the pokemon and then other things and how long do they test the games at work before the release date.

No one has really done it because there are too many categories you mention, and too many Pokemon to do that for. And no one really needs that information.
They need the highest stat, stat, type and move information and Bulbapedia provides just that.

Why not try being a pioneer and doing that if you need the information?
Because no one else is doing it because they don’t deem it useful enough since the base info is already there.

No one has really done it because there are too many categories you mention, and too many Pokemon to do that for. And no one really needs that information.
They need the highest stat, stat, type and move information and Bulbapedia provides just that.

Why not try being a pioneer and doing that if you need the information?
Because no one else is doing it because they don’t deem it useful enough since the base info is already there.

maybe here are people from smogon and pokemon company and a team of people could help in it?
to have better knowledge to predict in what ways the game should/could evolve?
This way they could create better games and we fans would also see the upsides and downsides of it and understand things better.

People would see proportions between spectrums, types and more, that would help both creators and gamers more.

Last edited:
maybe here are people from smogon and pokemon company and a team of people could help in it?
to have better knowledge to predict in what ways the game should/could evolve?
This way they could create better games and we fans would also see the upsides and downsides of it and understand things better.

Smogon and Pokemon company are not related to each other at all...
They don’t feel the need to make complicated lists when Smogon has already shown what’s the best Pokemon to do what. They already have enough analysis to make teams.

Smogon and Pokemon company are not related to each other at all...
They don’t feel the need to make complicated lists when Smogon has already shown what’s the best Pokemon to do what. They already have enough analysis to make teams.

is that really enough? I though they are more ambitious then that. Also teams will change in future and this would be the best way to predict how , why and if this way it will be. People complain about design, but usefulness of pokemon in games is also a very important factor at the end.

is that really enough? I though they are more ambitious then that. Also teams will change in future and this would be the best way to predict how , why and if this way it will be.

It’s enough for seemingly everyone. You’re so far the only person demanding it.
And Smogon updates their analysis every time a Pokemon is released.

It’s enough for seemingly everyone. You’re so far the only person demanding it.
And Smogon updates their analysis every time a Pokemon is released.

this way we fans and creators also could get better ideas what we want in future games... there is always only the first person that want's it and then everyone loves it and uses it.

Last edited:
Few people are going to want such specific numbers, and fewer still would have their wants shaped by that. Who wants to have a specific percentage of Pokemon with a certain role in battle?

How can I catch a Hidden Ability Alolan Exeggutor and is it breedable for other Hidden Ability Exeggcute and Hidden Alolan Exeggutor?
Either you SOS chain Exeeggcute, which have a chance of having their HA from the tenth onward, or you transfer one from a Gen I/II game, which always have their HA and a guaranteed perfect 3 IV's

Breeding allows for an 80% chance of the parent passing down their ability to their offspring. So either a male with a ditto, or a female with anything from their egg group

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom