• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Ah I understand what you are referencing now, thanks! From my understanding that means you must actually play the safari game. Note that if your system's internal clock is modified for any reason (internal battery dies, or it is manually adjusted) the safari zone date counter is reset, so you can't time warp this, in case you weren't already aware. Those days don't need to be consecutive though, just different. So if you played on a Monday, then a Friday, then next Tues, then Wednesday, then Thurs, then a month later, you'd be at 6 days. I hope that helps!
I have been searching for an answer for some time, thanks!

I have been searching for an answer for some time, thanks!

Also since I recently turned my attention to the Safari Zone myself, I made up a quick guide for maximizing your access to Pokemon of different types while minimizing real life time spent. I have it linked below, but the tl;dr version is this - Rocky Beach takes 120 days. Have it active, along with Marshland, Mountain, Wasteland, and Savannah for 30 days. Use the last slot to swap in areas you're using to hunt for Pokemon. After 30 days swap the Marshland, Mountain, Wasteland, and Savannah for the Peak, Desert, Meadow, and Wetland. By doing this you can have access to every type of Pokemon within 120 total days. Hope that helps!

Also since I recently turned my attention to the Safari Zone myself, I made up a quick guide for maximizing your access to Pokemon of different types while minimizing real life time spent. I have it linked below, but the tl;dr version is this - Rocky Beach takes 120 days. Have it active, along with Marshland, Mountain, Wasteland, and Savannah for 30 days. Use the last slot to swap in areas you're using to hunt for Pokemon. After 30 days swap the Marshland, Mountain, Wasteland, and Savannah for the Peak, Desert, Meadow, and Wetland. By doing this you can have access to every type of Pokemon within 120 total days. Hope that helps!

Three months???

I'm thinking about getting a second 3DS to trade Pokemon with myself between Gen VI, VII, and the Gen I and II VC releases. Doing this in case Nintendo ever shuts down WIFI capability for the 3DS. Do you need separate Nintendo Network IDs for trading to work?

I'm thinking about getting a second 3DS to trade Pokemon with myself between Gen VI, VII, and the Gen I and II VC releases. Doing this in case Nintendo ever shuts down WIFI capability for the 3DS. Do you need separate Nintendo Network IDs for trading to work?

No, you don't need separate Nintendo IDs for self-trading. I've been doing it for years between my various DS Lites/3DS, with only my main one linked to an actual Nintendo ID account. You only need a Nintendo ID to access things like EShop and Bank, and only one Nintendo ID per account in that regard. But for local self-trading, you're free to do it as much as you'd like, as there are no restrictions there. Again, you do need a Nintendo ID account to access Bank, Eshop, etc, but when it's just localized interactions between two nearby consoles, there are no restrictions.

So is the passwords in Pokemon Conquest usable once per campaign or would the player have to delete all data to use a password again?

I had another question regarding the safari zone in HGSS. Does Baoba have to call you for the zone to be leveled up or not? If so how can I get him to call me? I have 16 badges, all 24 objects, and have beaten Red.

I started on April 15 and thought he would have called yesterday but no luck. My layout is:

Rocky Beach - Mountain - Wetland

Wasteland - Peak. - Meadow

Thanks,

I had another question regarding the safari zone in HGSS. Does Baoba have to call you for the zone to be leveled up or not? If so how can I get him to call me? I have 16 badges, all 24 objects, and have beaten Red.

I started on April 15 and thought he would have called yesterday but no luck. My layout is:

Rocky Beach - Mountain - Wetland

Wasteland - Peak. - Meadow

Thanks,

Indeed, he will call to advise if an area is upgraded successfully. If you have all objects, and started on the 15th, have you played in the safari zone each day since then? An easy way to test if it's not upgraded yet or if you just missed his call would be to place 6 plains objects (shrubbery, white or red flowers) in Peak and see if you get any Zangoose to spawn. Note that as far as I'm aware, if you leave the GameBoy plugged in and stay In the Safari zone, wandering around in there for a bit each day, that doesn't count. You need to shell out $500, go in there, do some stuff, and then leave. At least, that's what I've done and upgrades have occurred on schedule and without issue. It's possible you can get by with less being done but if so I've got no experience or knowledge to verify that.

Indeed, he will call to advise if an area is upgraded successfully. If you have all objects, and started on the 15th, have you played in the safari zone each day since then? An easy way to test if it's not upgraded yet or if you just missed his call would be to place 6 plains objects (shrubbery, white or red flowers) in Peak and see if you get any Zangoose to spawn. Note that as far as I'm aware, if you leave the GameBoy plugged in and stay In the Safari zone, wandering around in there for a bit each day, that doesn't count. You need to shell out $500, go in there, do some stuff, and then leave. At least, that's what I've done and upgrades have occurred on schedule and without issue. It's possible you can get by with less being done but if so I've got no experience or knowledge to verify that.
Well, that worked! I played the safari game everyday using all 30 safari balls. I played a few hours on the 25th and 26th but never received a call (Never left my 3ds alone, had sound on). In any case thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

Okay, I am not sure if I am Mandela-effecting myself...

However, I do remember that at the end of one of the games a “?” would appear after “The End” and Mewtwo’s cry would play.

Does anyone else remember this or know what I am talking about?

Hmm. To me, that sounds more like a fangame thing, but I could be wrong. If that were in a main series Pokemon game, I figure it would probably be in any Kanto or Johto game considering those are the games where Mewtwo, to my knowledge, is featured the most prominently.

Parasect appears right before "The End" in Red and Blue (it's Gengar in Yellow). If you could actually hear it, it would sound a lot like Mewtwo. There is no question mark, though.

Last edited:
Okay, I am not sure if I am Mandela-effecting myself...

However, I do remember that at the end of one of the games a “?” would appear after “The End” and Mewtwo’s cry would play.

Does anyone else remember this or know what I am talking about?
Probably just something you are not able to remember well. From all the games I have played, never encountered an end game screen of "The End?" followed up by a cry of any sort. Could have been a fan game or romhack probably.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom