• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hey!
I was playing through my Pearl game the other day and kept seeing objects/furniture that I just couldn’t figure out the identities of in buildings around the region.
This is just one example, but does anyone know what these white boxes with what looks like glass on the front are? My first thought is a vending machine, but the actual interactive vending machines in D/P/Pt look like the second picture I’ve attached. Maybe they really are just vending machines that look different because they’re not interactive and I’m looking way too much into this, lol.
And, while I’m at it, what could these short little stacks on the floor be?

image 1:
8CBD46BF-1535-495C-B71B-34F1DAC5E9E7.jpeg

image 2: EAFB434D-321A-44C3-ACC6-F19F3BEE158B.png

Hi, I'm playing Pokemon Emerald. I cannot get to Lavaridge town because of a boulder, because it says I have to get another gym badge. I have the move "Strength" and I have beat the Stone, Fighting, and Electric gym. I beat the electric before the fighting, maybe it's glitched? I thought I would have to beat the Petalburg gym but Dad keeps saying "Oh you're getting stronger I see" and I can't fight him. I can't get to the other half of the map because I don't have surf. I can't find any other gyms. I don't know what to do. Please tell my stupid brain what to do.

Hi, I'm playing Pokemon Emerald. I cannot get to Lavaridge town because of a boulder, because it says I have to get another gym badge. I have the move "Strength" and I have beat the Stone, Fighting, and Electric gym. I beat the electric before the fighting, maybe it's glitched? I thought I would have to beat the Petalburg gym but Dad keeps saying "Oh you're getting stronger I see" and I can't fight him. I can't get to the other half of the map because I don't have surf. I can't find any other gyms. I don't know what to do. Please tell my stupid brain what to do.

The boulder you're thinking of isn't blocking the way to Lavaridge Town. You're supposed to go to the northwest side of the region and visit a cave called Meteor Falls, then you have to come back to the south side of Rt. 112 and the grunts blocking the cable car will be gone. Take the Cable Car up and continue from there.

In the Battle Factory in Emerald, due to a glitch, having a high streak in the Battle Tower makes it so that the NPC's in the factory automatically start with Pokémon with high IV's. People keep saying that that puts me at a disadvantage, but unless I'm missing something, doesn't that mean I also start with Pokémon with high IV's from the rentals? I would think that would balance it out, but I'm having a bit of a difficult time getting the gold symbol, so if it's recommended that I break my tower streak, please tell me.

I decided to finally complete the regional Pokedex in my Diamond file, and all I'm missing for it now is Milotic. I want to get a Pamtre berry to help with that, and it's only found by your Pokemon randomly picking it up in Amity Square. However, while I've gotten tons of berries at this point, even several of the other rarer ones, my Pachirisu has not come up with a single Pamtre berry. Is there some bug causing it to not be able to? Or maybe it's a bug with the nature or something, not the species. I haven't checked what nature this one has, but still. My luck in finding just ONE of these berries is so bad that I I think I have to consider this.

I might honestly go catch another Pokemon that's allowed and see if that one can find that berry (though it would still likely take time because each allowed Pokemon picks up a different set of accessories. A bunch of those would be thrown into the possible pickup pool again).

I've noticed an odd discrepancy between the list of Pokemon available in Dens on the wiki and what I'm actually finding in-game. For instance, the wiki says that Den D on Loop Lagoon (the one on the grassy part of the island in the middle) is supposed to have Kingdra, but I've yet to find one after at least two dozen attempts with Wishing Pieces. In addition, I've found Amoongus, Shiinotic, and Skwovet in the process, none of which are on the list.
Is it possible that the Crown Tundra update messed up the list of Pokemon available in some of the dens? Or did whoever datamined the games for the info mess up? I mean, it's not an isolated incident: I had a heck of a time getting a Togepi because the den that was supposed to have them was full of Poison-types instead of Fairy-types. Thankfully, Wishing Pieces resulted in Fairy-types, but seriously.

EDIT: I found a Kingdra not long after posting, but I'm still confused as to why I I kept finding Pokemon that apparently aren't supposed to be there.

Last edited:
I've noticed an odd discrepancy between the list of Pokemon available in Dens on the wiki and what I'm actually finding in-game. For instance, the wiki says that Den D on Loop Lagoon (the one on the grassy part of the island in the middle) is supposed to have Kingdra, but I've yet to find one after at least two dozen attempts with Wishing Pieces. In addition, I've found Amoongus, Shiinotic, and Skwovet in the process, none of which are on the list.
Is it possible that the Crown Tundra update messed up the list of Pokemon available in some of the dens? Or did whoever datamined the games for the info mess up? I mean, it's not an isolated incident: I had a heck of a time getting a Togepi because the den that was supposed to have them was full of Poison-types instead of Fairy-types. Thankfully, Wishing Pieces resulted in Fairy-types, but seriously.

EDIT: I found a Kingdra not long after posting, but I'm still confused as to why I I kept finding Pokemon that apparently aren't supposed to be there.

Amoonguss, Shiinotic, and Skwovet were all species that were highlighted in one of the recent Wild Area News events. If you connected to the Internet at that time, you would have received this data, which opens up a second pool consisting of those species for each Den to draw from.

I decided to finally complete the regional Pokedex in my Diamond file, and all I'm missing for it now is Milotic. I want to get a Pamtre berry to help with that, and it's only found by your Pokemon randomly picking it up in Amity Square. However, while I've gotten tons of berries at this point, even several of the other rarer ones, my Pachirisu has not come up with a single Pamtre berry. Is there some bug causing it to not be able to? Or maybe it's a bug with the nature or something, not the species. I haven't checked what nature this one has, but still. My luck in finding just ONE of these berries is so bad that I I think I have to consider this.

I might honestly go catch another Pokemon that's allowed and see if that one can find that berry (though it would still likely take time because each allowed Pokemon picks up a different set of accessories. A bunch of those would be thrown into the possible pickup pool again).

Can my question here not be ignored/skipped over, please? I really would like some help before I spend even more time trying to get ONE of these damn berries...

Can my question here not be ignored/skipped over, please? I really would like some help before I spend even more time trying to get ONE of these damn berries...

Easy, easy. From what the wiki states, the Mon nor nature don't matter when it comes to picking up berries. Berries seem to have their own individual chance of being picked up outside of the normal charts, thus any "allowed" Mon will pick it up. And considering that Palmtre Berries are on the rarer side you may just have to keep trying. The only good thing is that if you max out on all the accessories (9 each) that you can acquire then all you'll ever get are berries, which, while time consuming, will increase the chances of getting the Palmtre Berry you want. So, the only advice I can say is keep at it, as the berries have their own chart that's independent of the Mon in question. Try experimenting with other Mons after a while and maybe once you max out on accessories getting the berry will be easier. That's the best I can say at this point.

Easy, easy. From what the wiki states, the Mon nor nature don't matter when it comes to picking up berries. Berries seem to have their own individual chance of being picked up outside of the normal charts, thus any "allowed" Mon will pick it up. And considering that Palmtre Berries are on the rarer side you may just have to keep trying. The only good thing is that if you max out on all the accessories (9 each) that you can acquire then all you'll ever get are berries, which, while time consuming, will increase the chances of getting the Palmtre Berry you want. So, the only advice I can say is keep at it, as the berries have their own chart that's independent of the Mon in question. Try experimenting with other Mons after a while and maybe once you max out on accessories getting the berry will be easier. That's the best I can say at this point.

Yes, I know what the wiki states. But the problem is, like I said, I've maxed the accessories and gotten a bunch of other rarer berries already. Multiple Spelon, Watmel, and Belue berries, but not a single Pamtre berry. I just thought this was very odd.

Yes, I know what the wiki states. But the problem is, like I said, I've maxed the accessories and gotten a bunch of other rarer berries already. Multiple Spelon, Watmel, and Belue berries, but not a single Pamtre berry. I just thought this was very odd.

Then it's just the RNG not playing in your favor, then. There isn't any bug or anything purposely preventing you from getting the Palmtre Berry, it's just plain old bad luck. All I can say is keep at it. It's a shame the fat guy who gives you berries/accessories daily was only added in Platinum, as he'd be a much more reliable way of getting Palmtre Berries, especially since he'll give you five at a time. But you said you're playing Diamond so that's out of the question. Just keep at it and eventually the RNG will finally give you a good roll of the dice. That's all that can be said, as there isn't any bug or glitch getting in the way, it's just pure luck.

Then it's just the RNG not playing in your favor, then. There isn't any bug or anything purposely preventing you from getting the Palmtre Berry, it's just plain old bad luck. All I can say is keep at it. It's a shame the fat guy who gives you berries/accessories daily was only added in Platinum, as he'd be a much more reliable way of getting Palmtre Berries, especially since he'll give you five at a time. But you said you're playing Diamond so that's out of the question. Just keep at it and eventually the RNG will finally give you a good roll of the dice. That's all that can be said, as there isn't any bug or glitch getting in the way, it's just pure luck.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought I'd ask because similar bugs to this have happened in games before, and eventually, they'd get patched out. But if this particular bug happened, I can see it going unnoticed because the circumstances seem like they'd be pretty specific.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom