• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

What's the difference between the personality value and encryption constant? The latter isn't documented very well, but from what I know it does the same thing.

Are there any Gen 7 SOS chaining experts here? I'm trying to catch an underleveled Salamence on Route 3 in Ultra Moon, I've literally been in one Bagon encounter since last night, had my 3DS on a charger overnight and picked up where I left off this morning, my Torracat is almost going to evolve into a freaking Incineroar now and I still haven't seen a Salamence, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is maybe only the original Bagon can call a Salamence, is that a thing? Because I have long since knocked out the original Bagon out of fear of it running out of PP and struggling to death, so I've been rotating which Bagon I keep alive that calls for help, and I only get more Bagons, never a Salamence. I know it's a 1% chance but holy crap I've had to have knocked out easily over a hundred Bagons by now, my starter is level 29 and it was 17 or 18 at the start of this encounter. It's not even funny how long I've been in this one encounter. I'm hoping I'm just unlucky and that I didn't mess it up by knocking out the original Bagon, I'm working under the assumption that all the Bagons can call a Salamence but I can't actually find anything concrete online as to whether it works like that or not.

Edit: Help is not needed, a level 10 Salamence FINALLY appeared. This took me hours. Was it worth it just to play through the game starting with a level 10 Salamence? Definitely. I planned to box my starter once I caught this Salamence so the game won't be so easy with me having a nearly fully-evolved starter before leaving the first island. My game time when I started this hunt was 3 hours, it's now 10. So it took me 7 in-game hours to catch this damn Salamence.

Last edited:
So it's been nearly a whole decade since I've last been here. Needless to say, I fell out of Pokemon HARD.

What I wanna know is if I can still trade between the Gen VI games or if Nintendo took that away somehow. I don't pay much attention to online features of any game I play & given they were gonna do things like change/kill the eShop in 2023 I wasn't sure if they did the same to other things, like stop supporting online features to any games that were made pre-Switch.

Any & all answers would be super helpful since trying to Google things like "Can I still trade between XY & ORAS in 2022?" has yielded me absolutely none. Thanks in advanced!

So it's been nearly a whole decade since I've last been here. Needless to say, I fell out of Pokemon HARD.

What I wanna know is if I can still trade between the Gen VI games or if Nintendo took that away somehow. I don't pay much attention to online features of any game I play & given they were gonna do things like change/kill the eShop in 2023 I wasn't sure if they did the same to other things, like stop supporting online features to any games that were made pre-Switch.

Any & all answers would be super helpful since trying to Google things like "Can I still trade between XY & ORAS in 2022?" has yielded me absolutely none. Thanks in advanced!

Yes, you can still trade between any of the Gen 6 (and by extension, Gen 7) games freely, as those servers are still active. Mostly it's the E-Shop that's shutting down as of this time, but the rest will follow eventually. But, for now, Gen 6/7 games are still able to connect to the internet and trade freely. Hope that helps.

Hello.

I'm trying to get another star on my trainer card in Platinum.
I was wondering if you could get one by battling 100 trainers in the battle tower with a friend/one of the cpu friends or if you had to do it alone (solo/double battle).
(I'd like to do it with the cpu)

I want ORAS, but I can't get a 3DS/2DS as of now. Is it possible to install ORAS on other Nintendo devices?

Last edited:
Hello.

I'm trying to get another star on my trainer card in Platinum.
I was wondering if you could get one by battling 100 trainers in the battle tower with a friend/one of the cpu friends or if you had to do it alone (solo/double battle).
(I'd like to do it with the cpu)
Singles only.

When Bank switch off happens in March, does that mean everything Gen 7 and prior will no longer be accessible?
If you haven't already downloaded Bank by the 27th, yes.

I want ORAS, but I can't get a 3DS/2DS as of now. Is it possible to install ORAS on other Nintendo devices?
ORAS is exclusive to the 3DS/2DS I'm afraid.

Pokémon Platinum - Route 217: Bulbapedia says there is a Ninja Boy Ethan with a Skorupi & Golbat ... my question is, where the heck is he? I can't find him at all and it's giving me an aneurysm.

EDIT: Okay, I found him! 'Twas a journey.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom