• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple Answers: Pokemon Collecting Edition

Re: Looking for Dragonite Cuddle Pillow Plush from the late 90s early 00s!

Merging with the Simple Questions/Answers thread :)

Title speaks for itself: are there any decent bits of merch out there of Ursaring, particularly if there are any plush toys?

If they exist, where can I buy?

I don't think there are any plushes of Ursaring, unfortunately :( Whenever I want to check to see if there are plushes of a certain pokemon, I use this - https://www.flickr.com/photos/pokeplushproject/sets/

Hi everybody. :) Not sure where I should put this, but since it concerns a Pokemon bank, I'd figure it go here!
I recently just bought a Pikachu Bank at my local Walmart, but, in the fit of my excitement for seeing a Pokemon bank, I accidentally broke it's right ear off when taking it off the shelf, not realizing it's ears were jammed. I picked up the pieces, bought it and some super glue, went home and fixed it.
But, alas, I realized very quick (and shamefully) that I was missing a piece of it's ear, so now the right ear has a big gap down by the base of it's ear.
My question is: What is the best way to fix this? Is there any certain material I can buy to cover the hole up and make it look like it's whole ear again...If that makes sense? Lol sorry for the confusion, just was wondering. X)
Thanks to anybody who can answer me!
-Jenneta

I have no idea. What is it made out of? You could try to possibly use Super Sculpty (or another kind of clay) to try and make something that will fit in where the piece is missing. You can also paint the clay or buy it in a color that is close to it.

Hi everybody. :) Not sure where I should put this, but since it concerns a Pokemon bank, I'd figure it go here!
I recently just bought a Pikachu Bank at my local Walmart, but, in the fit of my excitement for seeing a Pokemon bank, I accidentally broke it's right ear off when taking it off the shelf, not realizing it's ears were jammed. I picked up the pieces, bought it and some super glue, went home and fixed it.
But, alas, I realized very quick (and shamefully) that I was missing a piece of it's ear, so now the right ear has a big gap down by the base of it's ear.
My question is: What is the best way to fix this? Is there any certain material I can buy to cover the hole up and make it look like it's whole ear again...If that makes sense? Lol sorry for the confusion, just was wondering. X)
Thanks to anybody who can answer me!
-Jenneta

I have no idea. What is it made out of? You could try to possibly use Super Sculpty (or another kind of clay) to try and make something that will fit in where the piece is missing. You can also paint the clay or buy it in a color that is close to it.
I want to say either ceramic or porcelain. I'm not an expert, lol. xD. But I like those options. Unfortunately I went the cheap route and just stuffed same color cotton balls in the ear and around it, made a bow out of pipe cleaners and shamelessly covered it up. x3. Might try that though. Thanks for the response! ;D

Is there a section of the forums where people can set up card trades? I was scammed out of my English shiny Zoroark card and I am looking for someone who would be willing to trade me one. I can offer something very decent for it. Mega Lucario EX, which is worth more than the Zoroark. I also have an Articuno EX Full Art. I think that is more towards the value of the Zoroark.

Is there a section of the forums where people can set up card trades? I was scammed out of my English shiny Zoroark card and I am looking for someone who would be willing to trade me one. I can offer something very decent for it. Mega Lucario EX, which is worth more than the Zoroark. I also have an Articuno EX Full Art. I think that is more towards the value of the Zoroark.

At this point, we do not have a subforum/forum to sell and trade cards. We used to, but that subforum closed down a while back.

Looking for certain Gengar pillow / doll

Hallo,

I am looking for this Gengar pillow / doll:

2309281277_c0dcc179cb.jpg

Does anyone have one and is willing to sell it or knows where I can buy one? I have been looking on eBay without sucess for many months.

Since it is tied to childhood memories, I am willing to pay a lot for it.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for certain Gengar pillow / doll

Is it official merchandise tho? It could be something that someone's custom made for themselves/for someone else. If so, you won't find one that exact one easily if at all.

Is it official merchandise tho? It could be something that someone's custom made for themselves/for someone else. If so, you won't find one that exact one easily if at all.
Thanks for your reply!
I think it is. When I was young, they have been largely sold in Germany under the product series "Pokemon Cuddle Pillow". Besides, there are various pictures on the internet showing the exact same product yet from people in several countries, so I'm quite sure it's a certain product. I actually saw one on eBay, but the seller refused to ship the item to Germany...

Merging with simple questions/answers thread.

I've got a flaaffy delta species only instead of thundershock at al of that cards, on mine stands "thundrshock"

Does someone know something about prices ?

Earlier today my older brother destroyed a pokemon bowl I have had for a very long time. It is a decent sized bowl plain white/gray with a two stripes going around it, one blue the other red, at the front it has an image of chimchar piplup and turtwig in that order. I have the remains of it and am able to discern the maker (Sherwood Brands) and the year (2007) I am 100% sure I was given it as a christmas present. If my memory serves me correctly I believe it came with other dinnerware (a mug which I have had hidden and a glass which he broke a while ago). If possible could anyone identify the name of the product or if possible redirect me elsewhere. If I can figure out how I can try to post a picture if needed. Thanks in advance :)

Can this Simple Question, Simple Answers thread be used for the TCG since this forum is also for the TCG? I have a question about the Pokémon Ranger card from the new expansion Steam Siege which I got yesterday from a pre-release event and here is the link to it on Bulbapedia Pokémon Ranger (Steam Siege 104) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia The card says

Remove all effects of attacks on each player's Pokémon.

Does this mean that you remove all previous effects of attacks on each player's Pokémon, remove all future effects of attacks on each player's Pokémon or remove all effects of attacks only during the turn you use it on each player's Pokémon? If it is the last option it seems like a bit of a useless card unless you want to stop recoil damage or a status condition on your own Pokémon from its attack.

Hi, I was just wondering which expansions are allowed in the 2018 World Championships season.
Can you list them?
And plus, are you allowed to catch a coin and flip it?
What does each special condition mean and do and how to position the cards or put markers?
Do you need damage counters in tournaments?
When you discard the opponents basic Pokemon using a GX move do you take a prize card?
When you have drawn all of your deck, does this mean you are defeated instantly or do you wait for your opponents turn and then get defeated?
If there is one card in the deck, do you still shuffle it?
How do you attach a tool? Do you put it sideways behind the card or do you put it upright like energy cards?
That is a lot but please try to answer them.

Hi, I was just wondering which expansions are allowed in the 2018 World Championships season.
Can you list them?
Hey there!

The Standard format for the 2018 season will consist of the following expansions:
New expansions become legal for tournament play on the third Friday of the month they are released.
And plus, are you allowed to catch a coin and flip it?
I'm not sure, but I'd say not.
What does each special condition mean and do and how to position the cards or put markers?
Read this: Special Conditions (TCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Do you need damage counters in tournaments?
They generally use die, but take some just in case.
When you discard the opponents basic Pokemon using a GX move do you take a prize card?
Yes. 2 for a GX/EX, 1 for everything else.
If there is one card in the deck, do you still shuffle it?
No.
When you have drawn all of your deck, does this mean you are defeated instantly or do you wait for your opponents turn and then get defeated?
As soon as you need to draw a card & can't, you lose.
How do you attach a tool? Do you put it sideways behind the card or do you put it upright like energy cards?
There's no official ruling, whatever works for you.

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

When I use Evosoda or Wally, can I evolve a card on my first turn or when the card is brough first into play?
What happens when you accidentally reveal a card when shuffling or somehow the prize cards get flipped over?
What happens in a mulligan? Does the opponent draw a card when I do a mulligan?
In the stadium card Training Center, it says each stage 1 and 2 gets +30hp so does it heal once and then become practically useless?
Why is the card called Pokemon Center Lady not Nurse Joy?
Is there a card called Ash or Ash Ketchum or anything to do with Ash or his Pokemon?

When I use Evosoda or Wally, can I evolve a card on my first turn or when the card is brough first into play?
The Evosoda description says this: You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.
Wally says this: You can use this card during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.
What happens when you accidentally reveal a card when shuffling or somehow the prize cards get flipped over?
I have no idea, you'd have to ask the tournament organiser.
What happens in a mulligan? Does the opponent draw a card when I do a mulligan?
The opponent can draw 1 card per mulligan.
In the stadium card Training Center, it says each stage 1 and 2 gets +30hp so does it heal once and then become practically useless?
It doesn't heal, it's a permanent +30 HP boost until the card is taken out of play.
Why is the card called Pokemon Center Lady not Nurse Joy?
You'd have to ask the person who made the card.
Is there a card called Ash or Ash Ketchum or anything to do with Ash or his Pokemon?
Sort of. None of them are tournament legal though. Category:Ash (TCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Hi, I was just wondering how to improve and change my deck.
My deck is made of
TRAINERS
1 RANDOM RECIEVER
1 BRIGETTE (FULL ART)
1 CAPTIVATING POKEPUFF
2 LUCKY HELMET
1 SWITCH
1 MISTY'S DETERMINATION
1 BROCK'S GRIT
1 POKEMON CENTER LADY
1 TEAM FLARE GRUNT
1 TRAINING CENTER
2 EVOSODA (HOLO AND NORMAL)
1 VS SEEKER
1 ESCAPE ROPE
1 ILIMA
1 FADED TOWN
1 PAINT ROLLER
1 POKEMON RANGER
2 PROFFESOR SYCAMORE (HOLO AND NORMAL)
1 WALLY
1 EXP SHARE
1 LILLIE
1 TIERNO
2 PROFFESOR'S LETTER
1 LEVEL BALL
1 GUZMA
1 ENERGY SWITCH
1 HEALING SCARF

POKEMON
1 ASH GRENINJA EX
3 BELDUM
2 METANG
2 METAGROSS
1 REGISTEEL
1 REGICE
1 RAYQUAZA EX (HOLO/NORMAL TYPE)
1 RAYQUAZA EX (HOLO/ DRAGON TYPE)
1 MEGA RAYQUAZA EX (FULL ART/ EMERALD BREAK)

ENERGY
1 DARK ENERGY
1 PSYCHIC ENERGY
7 METAL ENERGY
7 WATER ENERGY

Please check if there are any rare cards I should be aware of and if some cards are not legal in the 2018 World championship season and if it is good and should I change some things.
Thanks.

Unfortunately the Rayquaza-EX's & M-Rayquaza-EX aren't legal for the 2018 Standard Worlds, only cards from Breakthrough onwards are allowed and Roaring Skies is a few sets behind.

As for whether or not your deck is good, the best thing to do is practice with it. Maybe play against a friend, or go to weekly TCG events near you. Here's a list of previous World's Champions decks however: World Championships Deck (TCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

One of them even uses a Greninja. ;)

Can I use Tierno which is in Phantom Forces and not legal for 2018 tournament play instead of Hau in Sun and Moon and is a legal card?
I heard that you can use it because it has the same skill(draw 3 cards) as Hau.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom