• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Pokémon GO)

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome to the Simple Questions and Simple Answers thread for Pokemon GO! As the name implies, this is where you should ask any and all questions pertaining to Pokémon GO

I do wholeheartedly recommend that you make use of our excellent online encyclopedia, Bulbapedia, as a reference before you post a question in this thread. The answers to virtually all such questions can be found there.

Pokémon GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else ever entered a building/area where no Pokemon would appear? Yesterday I went to a restaurant and I couldn't encounter any Pokemon, despite the nearby list not being empty. I've never had this this problem anywhere else before and I'm clueless as to what caused it.

Has anyone else ever entered a building/area where no Pokemon would appear? Yesterday I went to a restaurant and I couldn't encounter any Pokemon, despite the nearby list not being empty. I've never had this this problem anywhere else before and I'm clueless as to what caused it.
Yes. The nearby list just shows you some (should've been all but apparently it's not) Pokemon in a quite big radius around you. There is a chance a single building or maybe an entire area won't actually have any Pokemon in them.

Has anyone else not been able to open the app for some time? It kept telling me I needed to update (without actually allowing me to) and now the has crashed altogether and won't open. I have an iPhone 5 and the operating system is up to date so I'm a bit discombobulated and, needless to say, distraught having not been able to play for weeks!

Has anyone else not been able to open the app for some time? It kept telling me I needed to update (without actually allowing me to) and now the has crashed altogether and won't open. I have an iPhone 5 and the operating system is up to date so I'm a bit discombobulated and, needless to say, distraught having not been able to play for weeks!
It had to update twice as two updates were released and are mandatory. However you should be allowed to update and it sure shouldn't be crushing. Unfortunately I have no clue what may cause all that.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been able to actually load the app and play. It's been at least a month. I have no idea what's going on all of the sudden, but I've tried updating, clearing the cache, logging in from a different account, and nothing. It either won't let me log in at all, or tells me there's an error. Other times it just endlessly loads and never actually opens the game. It's crazy how many problems there still are with this app. I used to play it every day.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been able to actually load the app and play. It's been at least a month. I have no idea what's going on all of the sudden, but I've tried updating, clearing the cache, logging in from a different account, and nothing. It either won't let me log in at all, or tells me there's an error. Other times it just endlessly loads and never actually opens the game. It's crazy how many problems there still are with this app. I used to play it every day.
It can be frustrating at times. I would also try uninstalling and reinstalling since everything else didn't work.

Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled about twice. So far it hasn't helped whatsoever :/

Is anyone else having problems with the app? I've used it twice today and it doesn't load any Pokestops, Gyms, show any nearby Pokemon or count distance for the Buddy Pokemon and eggs. I thought it was because I used it pretty early this morning when I was walking my dog, but it still wasn't working at 9AM. I assume that it's some problem on their end rather than something with my phone, especially when everything else that I use seem to be working as usual, but I wanted to see if other people were having that problem. I'm hoping that it will count the distances I've gone through once it's back working again.

Mine does that a lot. I found that closing the app and then turning the screen off (you know, you push a button and then when you push it again it asks you to put in your passcode. I am full of technical words today ^<__<^;; ) and then opening the app again usually fixes it.

Mine does that a lot. I found that closing the app and then turning the screen off (you know, you push a button and then when you push it again it asks you to put in your passcode. I am full of technical words today ^<__<^;; ) and then opening the app again usually fixes it.

This is the first time it has happened to me, so it is rather confusing. I've tried logging in and out again and it still has the same problem. Do I need to try logging in and out multiple times in a row to see if it starts to fix itself?

This is the first time it has happened to me, so it is rather confusing. I've tried logging in and out again and it still has the same problem. Do I need to try logging in and out multiple times in a row to see if it starts to fix itself?

I just close the app and lock my phone (or whatever it's called) then unlock my phone and start the app again. Just did it again just now cause it did the "no stops, gyms, or sightings" thing again.

I just close the app and lock my phone (or whatever it's called) then unlock my phone and start the app again. Just did it again just now cause it did the "no stops, gyms, or sightings" thing again.

I'm not sure if that worked for me, but the app did start working again. I was trying to submit a report through the help center and then suddenly I got a message asking me if I was a robot and then clicking on buttons with street signs on them. Afterwards, it started working again and was fine even after I logged out. I appreciate your help though and I'll try to remember that if I experience the same problems again.

Has anyone else been getting Pokemon vibrations and no Pokemon, since the last update?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom