• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Pokémon GO)

Whenever I open a gym Pokemon selection screen, the default Pokemon chosen are always the ones with sub-par species. As I'm mostly in a car and time is less, I often need to battle with these subpar Pokemon, but it'lol be great if the UI always chose my 6 highest CP Pokemon as default ones. Is there a way to do this?
I'm afraid there's no way to do this that I know of, I manually change my team of 6 almost all the time, be it for Raids or Gym Battles.

I'm afraid there's no way to do this that I know of, I manually change my team of 6 almost all the time, be it for Raids or Gym Battles.
Oh well. Hope they add in this feature. The Devs are making little tweaks all the time, so it'd be nice to see it being a thing.

Where can I find the Pikachu wearing Ash's Hat in the Bay Area, California? Been looking for it to no avail. Want to catch it before the event is over.

Where can I find the Pikachu wearing Ash's Hat in the Bay Area, California? Been looking for it to no avail. Want to catch it before the event is over.
It just has chances to spawn. You might have trouble encountering it because they just happen to be rare in the area. Hope you make it in time.

How do you use special attacks in gyms? I know that you have to hold down for a few seconds to charge a special attack, but sometimes it doesn't work for me. Is there a special pattern to it? Like, do you have to flick after 2 seconds or something?

How do you use special attacks in gyms? I know that you have to hold down for a few seconds to charge a special attack, but sometimes it doesn't work for me. Is there a special pattern to it? Like, do you have to flick after 2 seconds or something?

You might'vr noticed a blue meter filing up as you attack and take damage. When this blue meter (or a 'division' of the meter for some attacks. I think Bulbapedia shows the moves' meters) fills up, you can long press to use a special attack.

You might'vr noticed a blue meter filing up as you attack and take damage. When this blue meter (or a 'division' of the meter for some attacks. I think Bulbapedia shows the moves' meters) fills up, you can long press to use a special attack.
Yes. However, when I do the long press with all the blue meters full, the special attacks rarely succeed. I've been using Kingdra and Graveler for a while and Kingdra has never been able to use its special attack - no matter how long I press the screen Kingdra just uses up the blue meters and the attack fails for some reason. I've had Graveler use Stone Edge successfully multiple times. I don't know if there is supposed to be a difference - does everyone else just press the screen until the pokemon uses the special attack? Nothing else?

Yes. However, when I do the long press with all the blue meters full, the special attacks rarely succeed. I've been using Kingdra and Graveler for a while and Kingdra has never been able to use its special attack - no matter how long I press the screen Kingdra just uses up the blue meters and the attack fails for some reason. I've had Graveler use Stone Edge successfully multiple times. I don't know if there is supposed to be a difference - does everyone else just press the screen until the pokemon uses the special attack? Nothing else?
You might've been releasing the long press a bit too soon. Although I must say I don't always manage to pull them right at the first time, so I think there might be a chance it will actually fail even if you do the long press right. In that case tough luck I guess, just try doing it again :(

When I try to appraise my pokemon, the leader for Valor rates my pokemon instead of the Instinct leader. I joined team Instinct. Anyone else having this happening, why, and how to correct it?

When I try to appraise my pokemon, the leader for Valor rates my pokemon instead of the Instinct leader. I joined team Instinct. Anyone else having this happening, why, and how to correct it?
It's a well known bug since the recent update that only happens with Appraisal of Team Instinct members, showing Candela in place of Spark.
Unfortunately there's been no update from Niantic to fix it yet. We need to just be patient until they release it.

It's a well known bug since the recent update that only happens with Appraisal of Team Instinct members, showing Candela in place of Spark.
Unfortunately there's been no update from Niantic to fix it yet. We need to just be patient until they release it.

Oh okay. As long as its fixed lol I am totally team Instinct.

I hate the the lucky egg why cant it be 4x then double the points
My guess is that they would not want XP to become so easy to get as it would result in less people buying Coins with real money.
But we cannot have a definite answer on why Niantic would want an item to function in one way and not another.

I think I made a terrible mistake: when I started to play Pokémon GO a year ago, I created a new pokemon.com account. I used to use a different account to play Pokémon back in Generation V, when I had access to Dream World through Pokémon Black and Black 2. Since I had no Nintendo 3DS, I didn't use that account until now.

Now I got a Nintendo 3DS with XYORAS, Sun and Moon. I've just found out the login of that old account I used to access Dream World, which was my "official account" until then.

Please, help me. I don't know what to do: should I register my games on my old Dream World account or should I register them on the account I use to play Pokémon GO? Does it make any difference?

I think I made a terrible mistake: when I started to play Pokémon GO a year ago, I created a new pokemon.com account. I used to use a different account to play Pokémon back in Generation V, when I had access to Dream World through Pokémon Black and Black 2. Since I had no Nintendo 3DS, I didn't use that account until now.

Now I got a Nintendo 3DS with XYORAS, Sun and Moon. I've just found out the login of that old account I used to access Dream World, which was my "official account" until then.

Please, help me. I don't know what to do: should I register my games on my old Dream World account or should I register them on the account I use to play Pokémon GO? Does it make any difference?
I will suggest the Pokemon GO one. Dream World is two Generations old AMD is not connected to current main series games in a way that requires having them all in the same account. GO will keep getting updated and compatibility with main series might happen sometime later, even though there are no known plans for it.

Just Solo'd a Quilava Raid (my first ever!) at a gym that dosen't belong to my team. I KOed the Quilava quickly, and captured it with glory Razz berry,

But the Quilava I battled had more than 2000CP, and one I had the chance to capture had 800 something CP. (which is very underwhelming for a raid, since my not optimal Quilava has 700-something CP) Is that intended? What does the CP of the raid 'mon we're allowed to capture depends?

It seemed rather shitty that I spent effort in KOing the raid Pokemon but only got a fraction of its power (and its comments are:
Your Blaze simply amazes me. It can accomplish anything!
It's attack is its strongest feature.
I'm blown away with its stats. WOW.
Your Blaze is so tiny, I almost didn't notice it!

I'm not disappointed, just curious, since this Quilava is my 200th fire type and my first raid.

Basicly the CP of the raid boss before it's defeated is higher because it has to be strong enough that it requires multiple people to defeat it in battle. The five star raid bosses have around 42,000 CP, requiring multiple participants to be able to take it down because otherwise it would be too strong. The one star bosses can easily be solo'd because they only have a couple thousand CP, like you mentioned.

Once you beat it, it drops the CP to something more comparable to what you would find in the wild.

Hope that helps :)

Basicly the CP of the raid boss before it's defeated is higher because it has to be strong enough that it requires multiple people to defeat it in battle. The five star raid bosses have around 42,000 CP, requiring multiple participants to be able to take it down because otherwise it would be too strong. The one star bosses can easily be solo'd because they only have a couple thousand CP, like you mentioned.

Once you beat it, it drops the CP to something more comparable to what you would find in the wild.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you! Atleast my Quilava has nice IVs... *snuggles quilava*

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom