• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Pokémon GO)

Just like Egg hatches, Raid Pokemon caught have at least 10/15 in every IV :) If the Appraisal isn't top tier you're actually unlucky...

A question regarding Generation 3: How is wurmple's Evolution determined? Is it random? Or do we need to name it 'Jessie' for Dustox and 'May' for beautifly? (Just a random idea of mine which due to the Eeveelutions might have a chance of being true)

A question regarding Generation 3: How is wurmple's Evolution determined? Is it random? Or do we need to name it 'Jessie' for Dustox and 'May' for beautifly? (Just a random idea of mine which due to the Eeveelutions might have a chance of being true)
As far as we know it is random. Which makes sense as it was random in the main series games as well, based on personality value alone.

Also anyone know how often the weather changes? Thought it was every half hour but tonite went from fog to rain to fog to rain in about 10-15 minutes
As far as I know, it only changes every hour at :00 exactly. If it changed midway, then you probably just moved from one area (cell) to another that has different weather that hour. And back and forth again, in this particular case.

I been trying to ask to buy stardust and rare candy but never got replied
You cannot buy Stardust and Rare Candy.

You can get Stardust mainly by catching Pokemon, but also a little from hatching Eggs, feeding Berries to defenders in Gyms or completing Raid Battles.
You can only get Rare Candy by completing Raid Battles.

Is the weather system affected real-time? I'd really like to get Snowy Castform and it would be annoying if I have to wait till real life winter for real life snow.

Is the weather system affected real-time? I'd really like to get Snowy Castform and it would be annoying if I have to wait till real life winter for real life snow.
Yes.
I know, even though Snowy Castform also spawns in Fog, we never get Snow or Fog either here. So it's pretty much treated like a regional we don't have access to :(

Does anyone have any tips at all for getting Silcoon? I'm fed up of evolving Wurmple only for it to evolve into Cascoon. I'm just wasting candies and it's really stupid.

Does anyone have any tips at all for getting Silcoon? I'm fed up of evolving Wurmple only for it to evolve into Cascoon. I'm just wasting candies and it's really stupid.
Unforunately I don't think there's any tip that's going to help much with this. You need to either get lucky with at least one Wurmple evolution, or find it in the wild... but being an evolved, and thus non-nesting species, there's no way to really hunt it down. I'd just check out biomes that spawn Wurmple a lot (in hopes Silcoon may also spawn there), or even better, a nest (so you can quickly gain Candies for it and evolve more), and just get it by brute force at some point.

Unforunately I don't think there's any tip that's going to help much with this. You need to either get lucky with at least one Wurmple evolution, or find it in the wild... but being an evolved, and thus non-nesting species, there's no way to really hunt it down. I'd just check out biomes that spawn Wurmple a lot (in hopes Silcoon may also spawn there), or even better, a nest (so you can quickly gain Candies for it and evolve more), and just get it by brute force at some point.

That sucks. With how they've changed a bunch of other evolution methods, I thought they might have done the same with Wurmple. It's just annoying and a waste of resources to have it evolve randomly. Thanks for the answer.

How is "playing together" determined (i.e. "Play together with this person for X more days to become ____ Friends"). I've sent my wife gifts and/or traded with her every single day since the friending update came out, but it's still telling me I have to play with her for 6 more days to become Great Friends.

How is "playing together" determined (i.e. "Play together with this person for X more days to become ____ Friends"). I've sent my wife gifts and/or traded with her every single day since the friending update came out, but it's still telling me I have to play with her for 6 more days to become Great Friends.
Any of the following actions counts:

>Opening a Gift your friend has sent to you
>Participating in a Gym Battle together
>Participating in a Raid Battle together
>Performing a trade together

If at least one of these actions is met for the day, for X days, you become the respective level of friends.

If you did trade at least once every day, the daily action should've registered.

However, there is a visual bug that might make it seem like the action did not register. This is just a visual bug, however, and it probably should only show up from only one end in between you two; the other should have the correct count. Hopefully, this is getting fixed soon and synchronized at least by the time you become Great Friends (a week).

I left my Gyarados in a gym on Monday morning and it wasn't knocked out of the gym until today (Wednesday morning), but I got nothing for it, 0 coins. This happens to me every time I have a Pokémon in a gym for more than 24 hours.

Should I have gotten the standard 50 coins or is it that you get nothing if it lasts a few days?

I left my Gyarados in a gym on Monday morning and it wasn't knocked out of the gym until today (Wednesday morning), but I got nothing for it, 0 coins. This happens to me every time I have a Pokémon in a gym for more than 24 hours.

Should I have gotten the standard 50 coins or is it that you get nothing if it lasts a few days?
You can get up to 50 Coins per day. So if some other Pokemon of yours was knocked out of its own gym earlier today, and gave you out its daily share of 50 Coins, Gyarados getting knocked out that same day would not give you any Coins at all.

I've been hearing about a bug in the game that resets your save game if you log out and in again, is this true? You would get prof Willow again, like in the beginning. If you continue playing then your previous save is lost. Does anyone know more about this?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom