• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Pokémon GO)

I've been hearing about a bug in the game that resets your save game if you log out and in again, is this true? You would get prof Willow again, like in the beginning. If you continue playing then your previous save is lost. Does anyone know more about this?

This happened to me the other day - I was working in the city for a bit, but had a long lunch, so I was playing on and off all day. After I had my lunch, I was making my way to the train station, which was a good ten minute walk away, so I booted up the game again.
It loaded faster than usual and I found myself, as you said, talking to Professor Willow. I thought at first it was related to the research tasks so didn't really read it. Then it came to the character selection and I realized that it had restarted the game. I force closed the app and waited a few minutes (worried I had lost everything), but when I started the game up again it loaded my original save with no issues.
I think, as you say, it's definitely a bug of sorts, but I reckon it only restarts fully if you continue and play through the beginning...
I wonder if there is a point at the beginning of the game (maybe once you initially create your character or choose your first Pokémon) where it creates the initial save file, and if you play to that point then it acts as an overwrite of sorts?

Alolan Exeggutor has been available ever since its original release during Adventure Week, it just was quite rare after the first two days; just like Kantonian Exeggutor was before. This event makes them relatively common again for a limited time.

Alolan Diglett and Geodude, however, may be rotated away in favor of their Kantonian forms after the end of this event. No way to be sure yet.

Alolan Exeggutor has been available ever since its original release during Adventure Week, it just was quite rare after the first two days; just like Kantonian Exeggutor was before. This event makes them relatively common again for a limited time.

Alolan Diglett and Geodude, however, may be rotated away in favor of their Kantonian forms after the end of this event. No way to be sure yet.
That makes me sad. Well I gotta get out there and grind then

Last edited:
I used to play Pokémon GO some time ago. It was an account which was not attached to my Trainer Club (OK, I don't remember if I have other Trainer Club accounts, so all I can say it was not attached to the Trainer Club I currently use). All I remember is my character name. I don't know the difference between character name, screen name and user name. The fact is I can't get my account back.

OK, I've accepted that. Even having gone so far with my old account, I created another account, this time it is attached to my Trainer Club (at least it is the Trainer Club I know and have registered my games).

Though currently I'm having issues: sometimes I can't log on (it shows the "Try again" message all the time), and the only solution is changing my password again and again through the app every time this happens (changing my Trainer Club password through browser doesn't work). It's strange. Even having my email registered to my Trainer Club, I can't attach the google account which uses that same email because the app says it's already attached to an other Pokémon GO account. I wonder if that account is my old account. Again, I can't get my old account back to verify.

It would be good if pokemon.com gave me some information which is not the terms of use, so maybe I could know some more info about each account I've ever created to play Pokémon GO. I have no idea about what to do to recover my old account or if my issue with logging into the game has something to do with the fact I don't have the same email registered to my Trainer Club and supposedly the Google/Gmail account of that email to an other Pokémon GO account. I don't even know if I can change Pokémon GO accounts attached to a Trainer Club account. I would like to at least stop having to change my password frequently to play the game.

If there's any way to recover old accounts only by knowing the character name, I'd like to know as well. Thank you so much if anyone can help me with any info.

Last edited:
Is fairy somehow super effective against Fire in Pokemon Go? In the mawile raid I went with all fire team+Golem and all of Mawile's moves showed a Super Effective message (including Play Rough which should’ve been Not Very Effective). None of Mawile's moves should’ve been super effective on my fire types according to this: Mawile Raid Guide | Pokemon GO Hub

It made the raid really difficult for me as there is no Pokemon Go community around and I had to solo it. Any idea on what made the moves Super Effective? Play Rough basically took away half the health off my every fire type.

Proof:
E521EE4B-7868-4428-B2DC-210A244FC147.jpeg

Mawile is also steel-type and fire (and ground) is effective against steel, right? The webpage you link to says the same.

And I really want a Torkoal!

Last edited:
Mawile is also steel-type and fire (and ground) is effective against steel, right? The webpage you link to says the same.

That part is perfectly fine, but the text when Mawile attacks me should say "Not Very Effective" and not "Super Effective" since it’s using Play Rough on me, a fairy move which fire types are resistant to.

I went through the entire raid with Mawile landing not even a single "Not Very Effective" move and Play Rough taking away half my Pokemon's HP every time it hit and no resistance message. (In fact displaying Super Effective as shown in the above screenshot).

And I really want a Torkoal!
They’re fairly common in my area! (To the rate that I’ve got lots of candy, enough to evolve a hypothetical Torcoal evolution) I wish we could trade!
I’ve stopped capturing Torcoal since at this rate it’s just a waste of Pokeballs.

Are there any other ways to get the Sinnoh Stone?

Last week, I completed the weekly research and got one along with experience, stardust and the Shedinja encounter. However, today, I got 5 Ultra Balls instead so I thought "that's a bit of an unreliable method then, there must be another way to get the Sinnoh Stone".

At the moment, I don't think there is a way of getting a Sinnoh Stone until Niantic announces something or they secretly add it back.

How do you get Alolan Raichu? If you didn't get it from raids, does it mean you can't get it for the time being?
Correct! The only way to get Alolan Raichu currently is to do the raid. It can be soloed, though, with a good enough team.

Is there any other way for me to get Meltan/Melmetal into LGPE? Pokémon Go is just impossible for me due to physical limitations and my area having no 3G signal.

Is there any other way for me to get Meltan/Melmetal into LGPE? Pokémon Go is just impossible for me due to physical limitations and my area having no 3G signal.

Can't you get the Mystery Box by transferring a Pokémon from PoGo to LGPE, open it on PoGo, catch Meltans for 30 minutes, then transfer said Meltan into LGPE?

Can't you get the Mystery Box by transferring a Pokémon from PoGo to LGPE, open it on PoGo, catch Meltans for 30 minutes, then transfer said Meltan into LGPE?

Will try it I’ve never been able to play Go I have an account but whenever I go outside our connection just drops so I lost interest don’t know anything about it. Kind of sucks it’s not just in the game as a reward for completing the Dex; Was able to trade for Alolan forms thankfully.

Thanks for the advice all. :love:

If you have LGPE get on a local discord and offer to meet for transfers. There are people who will transfer a Meltan for Mystery box.

Is it impossible to get any distance count if you are in a car? I joined on a trip out of town, kept Pokemon GO on (I was a passenger) and discovered that none of the incubating eggs have hatched after an hour or so on the highway. I've seen old posts saying that there's a speed ban in the game, but a lot has changed/been updated over the last few years so I'm not sure.

Also, does this apply for adventure sync as well?

Is it impossible to get any distance count if you are in a car? I joined on a trip out of town, kept Pokemon GO on (I was a passenger) and discovered that none of the incubating eggs have hatched after an hour or so on the highway. I've seen old posts saying that there's a speed ban in the game, but a lot has changed/been updated over the last few years so I'm not sure.

Also, does this apply for adventure sync as well?
If you move over a certain speed, then yes no distance gets recorded, Adventure Sync or not.

How do I get rid of any extra legendary or event Pokémon when the game won't let me transfer any?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom