• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Scarlet & Violet Edition)

Can somebody please tell me what I'm overlooking: I cannot start The Way Home adventure even though I have completed Victory Road (defeated Nemona), Starfall (defeated Cassiopeia) and Path of Legends (defeated Arlen). When I eventually went to the gate to the Crater it was locked and there was nobody there. I have not found anything about other requirements to proceed. Thanks.

Did you enter the lab at the lighthouse where you battled Arven? I think you need to go in there.

OMG, I figured it out -- I didn't save the game after defeating Penny. I still don't get why the game indicated that I had completed all three quests. The lady at a PC told me she had no advice for me, that all of Paldea should be open to me.

Thanks for your reply, it helped steer me back to youtube to go through the game again after defeating Arven.

OMG, I figured it out -- I didn't save the game after defeating Penny. I still don't get why the game indicated that I had completed all three quests. The lady at a PC told me she had no advice for me, that all of Paldea should be open to me.
Wait, you quit without saving after you defeated Penny? Man, this is why I always save after any (and I mean any) thing happens in my games!

I'm trying to find the Mewtwo raid but apparently I still haven't unlocked 6 star raids even though I just finished Area Zero.

Is it possible for me to find a Mewtwo raid in the online Terra Raid search at this point? I really want my boy with me for this post-game event.

I'm trying to find the Mewtwo raid but apparently I still haven't unlocked 6 star raids even though I just finished Area Zero.

Is it possible for me to find a Mewtwo raid in the online Terra Raid search at this point? I really want my boy with me for this post-game event.
I think you have to do a couple 5 stars and win them and only then you can participate. The event ends in 4 days and due to the DLC a lot of people will be playing the game so I think you have enough time.

I think you have to do a couple 5 stars and win them and only then you can participate. The event ends in 4 days and due to the DLC a lot of people will be playing the game so I think you have enough time.

Oh sick, thanx dude.
Does it have to be the blue star ones or does it make a difference? What are the blue star raids even?
I just tried one and barely even touched it solo so that would be an interesting challenge that I might have to do online with real people.
Good thing I renewed my Nintendo Online sub for this event.

UPDATE: I've now won 4 5-star raids and am still not seeing anything above 5-stars in the online tera raid search. :(

UPDATE 2:
It's time! So the requirement is to win around 10-15 5-star raids after the Ace Tournament.
Time to get my boy!

Last edited:
Where is TM161? (preferably early game location)
I’m doing a run with only psychic type pokemon and I want to use trick room for it, the pages of the areas don’t list where tm161 is on it

1. How do you change your throwing style?

2. How exactly does "do missions with others to get the remaining legendary candies in the DLC" exactly works? Is it just connecting through the Union Circle and start collecting BB points or is it something more complicated? Also, do you need to be online and in the same sessions you did the missions to get the candies?

Finally, how come no one has made a thread for doing missions together?

2. How exactly does "do missions with others to get the remaining legendary candies in the DLC" exactly works? Is it just connecting through the Union Circle and start collecting BB points or is it something more complicated? Also, do you need to be online and in the same sessions you did the missions to get the candies?

Go to the Student's lodge, interact with the PC. There you can give spend 10 BP on the "change your throwing style" option.

and I don't know about your second question since I don't use the union circle.

A Cutiefly outbreak spawned at the following location in Kitakami, but I cannot find any here:

20231224_051758000_iOS.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't even paying attention to if I received the message "Whoa! You found an outbreak of Cutiefly!", but there definitely aren't any visible in the overworld here. Is there some underground area or something where the Cutiefly could be hiding or is this a bug?

Never mind, I came back and the Cutiefly outbreak spawned and I received the "you found an outbreak" message. Weird that the outbreak didn't initially spawn.

Last edited:
Can Tera Raid Pokemon be shiny?
Yes.

And if so, is it like Dynamax adventures where you can only tell they are shiny after you catch them or can you tell during the fight?
Yes and no. I recall anecdotes from the Gimmighoul event where due to the shiny being so similar to the original people could only notice them after they were caught.

Yes and no. I recall anecdotes from the Gimmighoul event where due to the shiny being so similar to the original people could only notice them after they were caught.
Looking it up (Which I probably could have done before I asked,) it looks like they will appear with their shiny colours, but they won't do the sparkle. Which means that if the shiny is hard to distinguish (like Gimmighol) you'll probably have to catch it just to make sure.

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply. For your second question, you just have to have completed the “gold circle” tasks, which only appear when you play with others via the Union Circle.

You don’t have to talk to Snacksworth during the session though. When you’ve done enough to get a snack, just talk to him. I think I claimed 6 or 7 of those all at once.

So I found out the cause of my Cutiefly outbreak problem was that Cutiefly is exclusive to morning/day and the outbreak will not show outside of those times of day. I'm having a similar problem with Excadrill now, but I have NOT found any indication that Excadrill is exclusive to any time of day (Serebii does not indicate this and Bulbapedia does not have any detailed information on Drillbur/Excadrill's spawn ratios, and no other guides on the internet appear to have any details on time of day either). Has anyone been able to verify if Excadrill only appears at a certain time of day or is there some other reason the outbreak is disappearing?

Back
Top Bottom