• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Scarlet & Violet Edition)

Can someone tell me how to find Charcadet? I see its icon on my map sometimes but never actually SEE one. I want a Ceruledge for my team. I do know how to evolve it. Just can't actually get one...

I realised today that I find a lot of Charcadet in West Province Area One. If you still can't find it, maybe you'll just have to search more thoroughly. It's a 1% spawn rate after all.

I realised today that I find a lot of Charcadet in West Province Area One. If you still can't find it, maybe you'll just have to search more thoroughly. It's a 1% spawn rate after all.
I eventually did find one after doing a bit of research on it. It was taking a while to get an answer in here, so.

Do Terastalized Pokemon still get their STAB for using moves that match their original type?

Like, when I'm using a Terastalized Water-Tera type Wooper, would it still get STAB for using Sludge Wave and Earthquake?
Late but Yes
Offensively the new Tera type acts now as a second/third STAB, and if same type boosts the STAB
defensively it’s now the Tera type and it’s previous type(s) doesn’t matter

This is not so much about the game as it is about writing a story based on the game: Would I be able to post the story, or do I have to wait until January 1st?

If you get the other legendary (Miraidon/Koraidon) in the opposite game can your ride them?
Koraidon in Violet/Miraidon in Scarlet

Also can you trade your ride legendary? When you put it in your party is it tradeable or will it stop you?

Where in the game you can see the images of the giant egg and the musketeer fusion?
The latter here is only in Violet, so I'm assuming you're playing that one? But it's in a copy of the Violet book on a shelf near the reception desk in the academy.

How do I actually get the Mystery Gift? I tried connecting to the Internet, but then it said that I have to have NSO to open the Poké Portal.

If you get the other legendary (Miraidon/Koraidon) in the opposite game can your ride them?
Koraidon in Violet/Miraidon in Scarlet
You can't.
How do I actually get the Mystery Gift? I tried connecting to the Internet, but then it said that I have to have NSO to open the Poké Portal.
That's unfortunately a requirement for using it, yes.

Are event Tera Raids catchable?
How easy is it to get a Fast Ball?

So can I catch this recently announced event Cinderace in a Fast Ball?

Does breeding still work where it passes the ball down too? Does it have to be male/female or doesn't matter?

Are Zorua and Ditto outbreaks bugged? I got a Zorua outbreak on my map today, but I can't find a single one in this spot. Not even disguised as other Pokemon. I'm looking and looking and I can't find any. This is so annoying. And since Ditto also typically disguises itself, I'm wondering if it has the same problem. Anyone else get this issue?

Are event Tera Raids catchable?
How easy is it to get a Fast Ball?

So can I catch this recently announced event Cinderace in a Fast Ball?

Does breeding still work where it passes the ball down too? Does it have to be male/female or doesn't matter?
You can get one as a Pokedex completition reward or in the Porto Marinada auctions, so they are slightly easier than in SWSH but they require time. I have not heard about changes to breeding so I assume it works the same as in previous gens. You can only catch one Charizard or Cinderace per event per game.
Are Zorua and Ditto outbreaks bugged? I got a Zorua outbreak on my map today, but I can't find a single one in this spot. Not even disguised as other Pokemon. I'm looking and looking and I can't find any. This is so annoying. And since Ditto also typically disguises itself, I'm wondering if it has the same problem. Anyone else get this issue?
My impression from the outbreaks is that Pokemon only start appearing after you defeat the first few mons, and knowing the games' glitches I wouldn't rule out that they were generated in an inaccessible space or something like that. Also, don't quote me on this, but it could be possible they're dependant on the time of day, as I also had the mark of a Misdreavus one in the map but they never showed up and it was daytime.

My impression from the outbreaks is that Pokemon only start appearing after you defeat the first few mons, and knowing the games' glitches I wouldn't rule out that they were generated in an inaccessible space or something like that. Also, don't quote me on this, but it could be possible they're dependant on the time of day, as I also had the mark of a Misdreavus one in the map but they never showed up and it was daytime.

Good point, some Pokemon do appear more often at night. I could check again at night.

How do I dismount on this lower level of this watchtower?
leuwkds.jpg

UPDATE: Alrighty, I ended up just climbing to the top and then dropping down from the opposite side of the ladder.

Last edited:
If I go to Poke Portal news, get the Cinderace event downloaded, and then don't touch Poke Portal News ever again, will the Cinderace event stay there past the Jan 1st deadline?

My mons are around lv 70 and I've got 180 pokemon, so I'm in no fit state to challenge it now, I know it's going to be repeated, but would like to take the time pressure off, have to get it done by a certain point etc

EDIT: Have just found out I need to unlock the ability to even find 6 or 7 star raids, so yeah, definitely going to need more time if I'm to have a chance.
I've downloaded Poke Portal News, and the event gengars and gyarados are showing up. So again, if I don't touch Poke Portal News again, will i have unlimited time to get 240 pokemon, unlock the 6 star raids, train a mon up to lv 100 evs, ivs, nature etc, and then find Cinderace?

Last edited:
I've got a question about Cinderace too. Is anyone ACTUALLY BEATING THIS THING? It seems impossible. I see other players struggling against it too. I'm trying out different stuff, but no luck at all yet... :/ I didn't have much issue with Charizard.

Back
Top Bottom