• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Anyone got a pokémon they love that they've never seen used in a fanfic? I want to have a little mental database of underappreciated mon.

This was in a review I got on Serebii:
And I'll just say right off the bat that I like that an Omanyte/Omastar has a prominent role, at least in the prologue. I feel like they're not seen very much, and it's always nice to have the less-common mon appear.

I feel like it's probably true. Omanyte/-star in TPP fics is naturally common given the huge role they had in the first run, but outside that subset of the pokefandom, they barely exist. (I haven't read enough fanfics to have a good idea on what's prevalent there, so I'm going mostly by fanart.)

And of course I love the cute little snail thing. It's adorable.

Anyone got a pokémon they love that they've never seen used in a fanfic? I want to have a little mental database of underappreciated mon.

Smeargle is a Pokémon with a cool gimmick that I rarely see used in fanfics. If possible, I’d like to squeeze in a Smeargle in a story (maybe in a PMD chapter?).

Otherwise, huh… can’t think of any other Pokémon that I like and isn’t overly popular, at the moment.

Wooper/Quagsire
Gligar/Gliscor
Shedinja
Mawile
Wailmer/Wailord
Drifloon/Drifblim
Drilbur/Excadrill
Sigilyph
Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Larvesta/Volcarona
Carbink

Just to name a few. :V

Wooper/Quagsire
Gligar/Gliscor
Shedinja
Mawile
Wailmer/Wailord
Drifloon/Drifblim
Drilbur/Excadrill
Sigilyph
Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Larvesta/Volcarona
Carbink

Some of those are pokémon I really like! I already had plans for a shedinja morph as it happens.

Remember when I said that the Whismur was a supporting character? I've thought up more about Your Heart Is in two Worlds since then, and she's going to be one of the main characters now. Her name's Mimi, by the way, which is both Japanese for "ear" and a Super Paper Mario reference. (She's a cute character with a cute name who turns out to be dangerous, except that Mimi the Whismur isn't a villain.)

Also, I'd like to see more stories about waterbound Pokémon. I enjoyed writing about background decoration Pokémon in The Tides Have Turned because the limited Pokémon selection was a fun challenge.

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific. what/which lore? what's confusing about it? what do you understand of it so far? it's hard to answer a question with so few details

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific. what/which lore? what's confusing about it? what do you understand of it so far? it's hard to answer a question with so few details
Well, I know it’s about history. I don’t want to say due to spoilers. My question is how to implement it into my story. I already posted the prologue.

@Greninjaman I assume you're asking if your historical background exposition at the beginning of your story counts as lore.

It does.

"Lore" as used by gamers and writers just means any background information about the setting and its history, pretty much. "Implementing" lore is what happens whenever you make reference to that stuff. It can be done in different ways. Like everything, it depends.

@Greninjaman I assume you're asking if your historical background exposition at the beginning of your story counts as lore.

It does.

"Lore" as used by gamers and writers just means any background information about the setting and its history, pretty much. "Implementing" lore is what happens whenever you make reference to that stuff. It can be done in different ways. Like everything, it depends.
Thanks!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom