• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I'm having trouble describing how Vaporeon would swim in a straight line. Please can someone help me?

"It swam in a straight line"? I don't think I understand the question. Are you wondering about its swimming style, as in whether it should paddle with its paws or swing its tail from side to side like a fish or crocodile would? In either case, I don't see how it couldn't move straight ahead like that.

I meant its swimming style.

Perhaps you could consider taking some inspiration from otters for a Vaporeon.

They tend to paddle a bit like dogs, while using their tails to regulate the direction and speed. I think this could be the closest you could get to a “Vaporeon style”.

Its cell structure is similar to water molecules. It will melt away and become invisible in water.
That's the original Yellow version pokedex entry, and numerous other entries reference this ability. It might not even really need to physically move to swim, so it could probably just ghost in a straight line and reform at its destination.

So, like what Phione does in the anime?

1586895851571.gif

Or what Red’s Vee does in the manga?

1586895958768.jpeg
(click for full size)

Yeah, that’s another possibility.

I've got a (much) simpler question today. Due to going over my beta series, Chaos Rising, by cleaning out overlooked errors and adding extra dialog, I noticed that Veronica, one of the "main" antagonists, doesn't really get too many licks in at Celtic before she's brought to justice. Sure, she has a long-standing history of vile, underhanded schemes that have cost lives for her own amusement (she's a rare case of a serial killer who doesn't need to get her hands dirty in order to commit her crimes), but I don't think it's enough to warrant her "arch-enemy" status to Celtic and Skye. Considering she's based off of Malty/Myne from Shield Hero, who routinely makes Naofumi's life miserable, Veronica doesn't seem to reflect that inspiration too well. Granted, Celtic is always on the move during Season 1 due to abandoning the kingdom he was summoned to right away (as he only "settles" in Delgunner Kingdom from Season 2 onward, though is still on the move fairly regularly), unlike Naofumi who chose to stick around, she can't get as many potshots in as Malty could, which does somewhat limit her ability to antagonize Celtic. But she does semi-regularly cross paths with him due to the fact that Lucas (the Hero party she's part of) is almost constantly nipping at Celtic's heels, along with when another Infinator attack arises. Only after Celtic (and the other Heroes) all start working with Delgunner Kingdom are he and Veronica (by that point renamed Wench) in the same place more often.

So, my question is this: How can I make Veronica more vile and antagonistic to Celtic before and after Delgunner Kingdom punishes her? I need her to get worse and worse over time that she becomes a full-fledged villain that even Sylph and Infinator, the other two main antagonists, are disgusted by her. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I admit I'm not the best at villain characters that aren't rather... generic, so to speak. So, writing someone like Veronica is a bit different for me, as she's supposed to be both a flat character and a hate sink is something I'm new to. So, if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to lay them out for me to see. Thanks in advance. (Also, if someone does have a suggestion, please either quote or mention me in the response, as I often forget where I've posted such questions and whatnot, thus I forget to check for responses.)

Hey, I'm planning to make an OT fanfic story and one of the chapters I'm writing about that the main heroes go to an amusement park/carnival. So my big question is how they do they work in the pokemon world? I know that the water park is exclusive for water types while the scary thrill rides is exclusive for ghost types or any creepy looking pokemon. Slurpuff, Applin, Vanillite or food based pokemon could work at the food stand and Garbodor and Muk could be janitors as they could clean up puke, scattered food and garbage.

But what jobs can pokemon work with humans? Ride operators, ticket stands, carinval games, security guards, making sure everyone is not cutting in line or be disruptive during a line. Keep everyone in check to make sure everyone is safe during a ride, rescuing people (at least try to) from an ride accident, hosting/assisting humans at carnival games and entertainment (similar to the stage performances and musicals at the Disney World/Land).

Are there specific rides for pokemon and trainers? How many pokemon you can take them with you when you go on that ride? What pokemon can and can't get on what ride? I don't see armless pokemon, due to the rules of keeping your hands on the bars at all times and baby pokemon getting in that rollercoaster or any big rides, it seems unsafe.

If baby pokemon or just small pokemon can get on baby rides, what about really small pokemon like Ribombee, Flabebe and Joltik? What rides they can get on if they're so too tiny? Is there a ride made specifically made for them?

What are the themes in the pokemon world? Are they similar to Disneyland/Disneyworld? Halloween themed? Christmas themed? Pikachu or popular pokemon themed? Six flags themed? Kings Island themed? What is the location for it? I know Nimbasa City in Unova and Wyndon in Galar seems like the perfect place to put it there due to having a ferris wheel, but what about the other regions?

@creativelover93 When you mentioned "rescuing people", the first Pokémon that came to mind was Machamp, but I suppose the job would be more fitting for Pokémon that are good at climbing. Maybe Ambipom? Oh, and Water-types in case anything catches fire.

This is a really interesting idea. Worldbuilders usually gloss over fun things. That reminds me, I'm planning to write a My Little Pony fanfic where some characters go to an amusement park on Earth.

I got a question concerning antagonists.
Here is the scenario: An ice dragon has made its home in the mines that a dwarf kingdom uses and is expelling cold air and attacks anyone who comes near it.
Would it still be an antagonist even though it's just defending it's territory?

Also, how does one write someone teaching another person how to breathe fire, though they can't do it themselves?

The dragon is still an antagonist so long as it's an antagonising force, what you're reaally asking is whether it's a villain and that's up to you and what the story may explore.

Not sure what you're getting at with your second question.

The dragon is still an antagonist so long as it's an antagonising force, what you're reaally asking is whether it's a villain and that's up to you and what the story may explore.
Well, the Dragon is not evil. It's just defending its territory. Like, it has no evil intentions or anything like that. It's only protecting it's territory from what it perceives as invaders.

Not sure what you're getting at with your second question.
What I mean is:
Person A needs to learn how to breathe fire to acomplish a task (namely, killing the Ice Dragon)
Person B is tasked with helping Person A in learning how to breathe fire
Problem: Person B does not have the power to breathe fire

How do I work around the problem?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom