• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone i'm new here and this is my first post, well here goes, i was wondering if the american version of d/p will be able to trade with the european version via ds wireless connection.

hello everyone i'm new here and this is my first post, well here goes, i was wondering if the american version of d/p will be able to trade with the european version via ds wireless connection.

European, Japanese, whatever you want, you can trade between any and all legal versions of Diamond and Pearl. I got two Japanese Pokemon from the GTS, myself.

I was just wondering why electric attacks can now affect Rock type Pokemon when in all the other generations it couldn't. Every time my Rampardos battles an Electric type, he gets affected by its electric attacks.

Electricity always has been able to hit rock types, it's just most rock types have a dual ground type which electricity does not effect. Tis all.

Hey, I have a question regarding those new EV-increasing Items you get in the Battle Tower. You know, Power Anklet/Band/Belt/Bracer/Lens/Weight. What do they exactly do? Are they like Macho Brace but for one Stat? That'd suck very hard...

Or they have quadruple growth in that stat? Or they transform all EVs obtained into EVs of that Stat? Or it makes wild Pokés giving EVs for that Stat more common? Or something I don't know?

If anyone knows, tell me, as I really want to know.

The power items half the speed in battle, and add 4 EVs to the EVs earned in thier respective stats.

Say you faint a Zubat with a Pokemon that has the Power Anklet, you get the one Speed EV from Zubat, and the Power Anklet adds four Speed EVs so you end up with five Speed EVs overall.

They don't transform EVs or make Pokemon with certain EVs more common.
Each item only adds to the EVs in whichever stat the item is for.

EDIT:

It seems that the Power items add 4 EVs to the stat even if 0 EVs are earned in that stat.

Last edited:
Are Trade Evolution items consumed when the traded pokemon evolves? I have a few Porygon, and want to know if I can use my Upgrade and Dubious Disc multiple times. Obviously I could figure this out quickly, but I would like to know before actually doing it.

If you breed a female nidoran with a ditto, can a male nidoran hatch from the egg?

Yes. I've done this.
Actually, I don't think so. I do think it was possible in the older versions (although I might be wrong), but I've heard it said many times that you can't do that in this gen. :p The nidoran gender you breed with the ditto is what you'll always get as the baby.

you have a 50/50 chance of getting a male

What determines a Shellos' colorform: the form of the mother or the area you're in? o_o

Answered my own question. Color's determined by the mother. Had a blue female Shellos breed with a pink male Gastrodon, and got a blue male. And I spent the whole egg step process in Jubilife, where all the Shellos would be pink.

somebody told me that pokemon level up quicker/gain more experience if you train them in the same place as you caught them, i was just wondering if anyone knew if this was right or not.

I believe it's only that they get happier, but I may be wrong.

The power items half the speed in battle, and add 4 EVs to the EVs earned in thier respective stats.

Say you faint a Zubat with a Pokemon that has the Power Anklet, you get the one Speed EV from Zubat, and the Power Anklet adds four Speed EVs so you end up with five Speed EVs overall.

They don't transform EVs or make Pokemon with certain EVs more common.
Each item only adds to the EVs in whichever stat the item is for.

EDIT:

It seems that the Power items add 4 EVs to the stat even if 0 EVs are earned in that stat.
Ohhh, thanks. Then they're quite useful actually!

And as an extra question in the same issue, would Pokérus double the EVs gained from both the defeated Pokémon and the Power Item? Say, if I use the same example of Zubat, would I get 10 Speed EVs (1 of Zubat, 4 of Power Anklet, which equal 5, and then Pokérus doubles it to get 10.) or only 6 Speed EVs (Probably happens if the EVs given by the Item are independent. Which'd make the single EV from Zubat get doubled, and then add the 4 of the Item.)?

How is it possible for me to find lvl 4 bibarel? I was chaining Surskits near lake verity and i was very suprised when a lvl 4 bibarel showed up. I thought it was a glitch, maybe it read a bidoof wrong, and it was very cool, so I caught it. But it happened again. So I caught that one too. Is this weird, or has this happened to anyone else?

How is it possible for me to find lvl 4 bibarel? I was chaining Surskits near lake verity and i was very suprised when a lvl 4 bibarel showed up. I thought it was a glitch, maybe it read a bidoof wrong, and it was very cool, so I caught it. But it happened again. So I caught that one too. Is this weird, or has this happened to anyone else?

Thats no glitch. That has indeed happened to me on multiple occasions, occasions after obtaining the National Dex which I'm sure you have. After you receive the National Dex, certain species of pokemon become more prevelant throughout the region.
This certainly caught me by suprise when I was EV training near Lake Verity on some Bidoof, I thought the exact same thing at the time, going through the same motions. I kept training and then I ran into a lv. 4 Staravia then I thought something was too good about this. Yeah, turns out they're there to stay, these pokemon are as normal as if you had evolved them or caught them at their 'natural' levels.

Now I don't know if these pokemon are linked to the GBA gamepack or not, but as far as I know, another added bonus of having a Pokemon GBA game in at the same time allows you to catch pokemon that don't normally appear in Sinnoh.

When I had my Leaf Green version in, I was finding Vulpix east of Hearthome City and Haunters in the Pokemon Mansion. I'm sure there's more, but I haven't really felt like looking them up.

Ohhh, thanks. Then they're quite useful actually!

And as an extra question in the same issue, would Pokérus double the EVs gained from both the defeated Pokémon and the Power Item? Say, if I use the same example of Zubat, would I get 10 Speed EVs (1 of Zubat, 4 of Power Anklet, which equal 5, and then Pokérus doubles it to get 10.) or only 6 Speed EVs (Probably happens if the EVs given by the Item are independent. Which'd make the single EV from Zubat get doubled, and then add the 4 of the Item.)?

Yeah, the Power Items really make it easy for anyone to EV train. I have been gathering them one by one, and they are a huge time saver.

You'd get 10 EVs, the Pokerus does indeed double the EVs from the power items.

Q: I train my weaker Pokemon using Exp. Share while letting my stronger Pokemon take on stronger opponents to get more experience. I was wondering if the Exp. Shared Pokemon gets all the EVs that the fighting Pokemon does, or does it just gain stats randomly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom