• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
explains why i can't find the place then

Actually, you can change your appearance temporarily (when you change into your Pokeathlon outfit for Pokeathlons. You also change into a Team Rocket uniform during one of the optional photo shoots in Goldenrod City, as well as during the Radio Tower takeover. During the latter, your rival will eventually strip you of the uniform).

If I've heard correctly, Black Belt Kenji will give you a PP Up after a battle with him, but how does one go about rebattling him? There doesn't seem to be a particular time to call (according to Serebii) so do you just have to wait until he calls you?

If I've heard correctly, Black Belt Kenji will give you a PP Up after a battle with him, but how does one go about rebattling him? There doesn't seem to be a particular time to call (according to Serebii) so do you just have to wait until he calls you?

Yeah, you'll have to wait for a random call from him.

You can also play the fuck out of the Pokeathlon and earn PP Ups that way. Just change the DS date to whatever day it's offered at the prize counter.

I cant seem to find the Dubious Disc in my HeartGold game. I'm aware that its supposed to be on Route 42 and requires Rock Climb(which I have), but I just cant seem to find it. There is a pokeball above the lake between the 2nd and 3rd Mt.Mortar entrences which I assume is the Dubious Disc but I cant figure out how to get to it.
Anyone who can help I would greatly appeciate it. It took me forever to rack up 9999 coins in the voltorb flip for my Porygon and Id like to evolve it(I already have Up-grade) if possible.

A Legit Mew will soon be distributed over wi-fi. Japan recieved it from Jan.29 to Feb.14 and we get most things about 6 months after they do so Id say late July if you want to wait for one for free.

Is there any way to get a legit Mew over the GTS? (before I waste a good pokemon on a hacked Mew...)

Is there any other pokemon that appears in Rocky Beach after waiting besides Gible? I know there's been a change there from the call Baoba gave me but I have yet to find Gible and from what I've looked up that's the only one that appears there.

I cant seem to find the Dubious Disc in my HeartGold game. I'm aware that its supposed to be on Route 42 and requires Rock Climb(which I have), but I just cant seem to find it. There is a pokeball above the lake between the 2nd and 3rd Mt.Mortar entrences which I assume is the Dubious Disc but I cant figure out how to get to it.
Anyone who can help I would greatly appeciate it. It took me forever to rack up 9999 coins in the voltorb flip for my Porygon and Id like to evolve it(I already have Up-grade) if possible.
Yes, that's where the Dubious Disc is if I remember correctly. You'll get there from the inside of Mt. Mortar (go from the eastern entrance, then go to the subcave, there should be some Rock Climb stuff as well).

A Legit Mew will soon be distributed over wi-fi. Japan recieved it from Jan.29 to Feb.14 and we get most things about 6 months after they do so Id say late July if you want to wait for one for free.
Other regions don't get everything they have in Japan, so you can't be that sure really.

hello, two noobish questions but...I am not totally understanding the way the safari zone works in HG and SS (I Have HG) and well, I am attempting to catch a chansey and a zangoose. I've read the bulbapedia page, that is informative but, I do not think i understand it. like what needs to be done so those two may appear.

also dumb question...how do I change my picture? I want to find a good picture of that Harrison guy with the Blaziken.

is this broken? it shows it on page 606 but there's a 607 and 608 but i cant go to them..

hello, two noobish questions but...I am not totally understanding the way the safari zone works in HG and SS (I Have HG) and well, I am attempting to catch a chansey and a zangoose. I've read the bulbapedia page, that is informative but, I do not think i understand it. like what needs to be done so those two may appear.

also dumb question...how do I change my picture? I want to find a good picture of that Harrison guy with the Blaziken.

1. You'll have to place certain objects on the zones that Chansey and Zangoose are found in.

Zangoose can be found in the Peak area if you place 12 Plains objects.

Chansey can be found in the Meadow area if you place 12 Plains objects.

2. User CP > Edit Avatar.

is this broken? it shows it on page 606 but there's a 607 and 608 but i cant go to them..

They're ghost pages. They pop up every now and then.

silly question here - in PBR (pokemon battle revolution) can you buy more than 1 of each item in the shop? i'm looking to buy the evo items & TM's to transfer back to my DS games but haven't tried yet & wanted to know if i can buy multiples on 1 save file...

silly question here - in PBR (pokemon battle revolution) can you buy more than 1 of each item in the shop? i'm looking to buy the evo items & TM's to transfer back to my DS games but haven't tried yet & wanted to know if i can buy multiples on 1 save file...

Yes, yes you can.

I have questions on EV training.

1. I am EV training my Kyogre in Sp.A and Speed and it has Pokerus. I want to give it a Power Anklet to EV train faster in Speed and a Power Lens to Ev train faster in Sp. A. I battle Psyduck(Sp. A) without the Power items and get 2 Evs everytime because of the Pokerus. Would the four points from the power item also be doubled?

2. Are you always supposed to get those big stat gains when you EV train? I only got it on my Lugia (+48 Sp.A +52 Speed), but not on my Vaporeon
( ev trained it in 188 HP, 252 DEF, 68 SPE.) and Lapras(44 SP.D, 192 HP, 112 DEF, 160 Sp.A). What did I do wrong?

At the beginning of EV training for Lapras and Vaporeon, I gave them Vitamins in the stats I was Ev training them in.

I have questions on EV training.

1. I am EV training my Kyogre in Sp.A and Speed and it has Pokerus. I want to give it a Power Anklet to EV train faster in Speed and a Power Lens to Ev train faster in Sp. A. I battle Psyduck(Sp. A) without the Power items and get 2 Evs everytime because of the Pokerus. Would the four points from the power item also be doubled?
Yes, so you'll get 10 EVs in Sp. Atk for battling Psyduck.
2. Are you always supposed to get those big stat gains when you EV train? I only got it on my Lugia (+48 Sp.A +52 Speed), but not on my Vaporeon
( ev trained it in 188 HP, 252 DEF, 68 SPE.) and Lapras(44 SP.D, 192 HP, 112 DEF, 160 Sp.A). What did I do wrong?

At the beginning of EV training for Lapras and Vaporeon, I gave them Vitamins in the stats I was Ev training them in.
It doesn't happen all the time. If you do enough EV training before a level up, it'll get a big increase. I think it also depends on the base stat.

Yes, so you'll get 10 EVs in Sp. Atk for battling Psyduck.

It doesn't happen all the time. If you do enough EV training before a level up, it'll get a big increase. I think it also depends on the base stat.
I have one more question. What about vitamins? Will the 10 Evs they give be doubled when I feed them to Kyogre? Thank you for your help :)

I have one more question. What about vitamins? Will the 10 Evs they give be doubled when I feed them to Kyogre? Thank you for your help :)
No, Vitamins do not get doubled. They will give out 10 EVs in a stat unless that stat has 91+ EVs, in which case it will boost it to 100 and never go above.

Could someone answer the questions I have on Rivalry ability?

"Rivalry raises the user's Attack stat by 50% if foe and the user have the same gender, but reduces the user's Attack stat by 50% if the foe and the user have opposite genders."

50% of the Attack stat? Do you mean the Pokémon Attack stat?
It's like if it's 50 it'll be 75?
:yahoo:

I also have the same questions (never answered) posted in the ability's Bulbapedia Talk page:

What about...
1. Double battles?
2. Genderless Pokemon?

Could someone answer the questions I have on Rivalry ability?

"Rivalry raises the user's Attack stat by 50% if foe and the user have the same gender, but reduces the user's Attack stat by 50% if the foe and the user have opposite genders."

50% of the Attack stat? Do you mean the Pokémon Attack stat?
It's like if it's 50 it'll be 75?
When it attacks, the damage formula gets the boost or reduction factored in. The bonus is factored at the same time Guts or any other ability would be factored in. And I'm pretty sure it's a 25% increase.

I also have the same questions (never answered) posted in the ability's Bulbapedia Talk page:

What about...
1. Double battles?
2. Genderless Pokemon?
It depends on the target of the attack. If it hits both and they are opposite genders, or if it's genderless, the ability doesn't activate.

EDIT: revamped entire post. Please ignore anything you saw prior to the edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom