• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage
Reaction score
Do Focus Band or Focus Sash prevent being KO'd if you use Selfdestruct or Explosions? I doubt it does, but I'm very curious about it.
How many times does this need to be asked before everyone knows the answer?

The Tomboyish Mermaid!
Reaction score
How many times does this need to be asked before everyone knows the answer?
Some people don't want to sift through 600 pages. It's not hurting anyone to answer (or ignore) a simple question that has been asked many times before in this particular thread. We were all newbies once. Cut the guy some slack.

Super Charizard said:
Is there any possible way to change a Pokemon's type through hacking?
Not that I know of.

That Guy
Reaction score
Is there any possible way to change a Pokemon's type through hacking?
You can do anything with hacking. Hell, if you're skilled enough, you could hack a GenIII game to include GenIV Pokemon and the Physical/Special split. It isn't a matter of "can" or "can't," it's a matter of "how."

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
Two questions.
If a pokemon holding a heat rock uses sunny day then faints, will the heat rock continue the effect?
Is there an item like that for Trick Room?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit
Reaction score
Two questions.
If a pokemon holding a heat rock uses sunny day then faints, will the heat rock continue the effect?
Is there an item like that for Trick Room?
Dunno about the first, but consider the sun will stay for 8 turns when you switch, I will suppose I will keep for 8 turns.

At the second; No.

Future Frontier Brain
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been asked already, but, is it better to EV train a Pokemon at lvl 1? I've always done it as soon as I caught the one I wanted with the right nature, but I heard some people have had more success Ev training from the beginning. Can someone please fill me in?

Vintage
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been asked already, but, is it better to EV train a Pokemon at lvl 1? I've always done it as soon as I caught the one I wanted with the right nature, but I heard some people have had more success Ev training from the beginning. Can someone please fill me in?
It doesn't matter when you start training. So no.

What would happen?
Reaction score
I know Body Slam would be broken if this happened, but is there any other explanation for why Body Slam doesn't do more damage the more the user weighs?

Miss me?
Reaction score
I know Body Slam would be broken if this happened, but is there any other explanation for why Body Slam doesn't do more damage the more the user weighs?
Because it doesn't. The developers just made it that way for some unknown reason.

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
If you get a shiny in Gen III and transfer it to pokemon XD, what would it look like? Judging by the fact smeargle's in game image has a shiny-colored tail.

._.
Reaction score
If you get a shiny in Gen III and transfer it to pokemon XD, what would it look like? Judging by the fact smeargle's in game image has a shiny-colored tail.
It would have its shiny sprite in 3D. I caught a shiny Quagsire in Colosseum and it appeared shiny in battle and stuff.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
If you transfer a shiny from the handheld games over to the console games, it would retain its shininess.

Reaction score
can u get both of the tower duo in one game and if not why do u get the other wing but not the bell?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit
Reaction score
can u get both of the tower duo in one game and if not why do u get the other wing but not the bell?
Yes, you can, you don't need a bell for the second, just get the second wing and you will be able to capture it.

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
If a pokemon uses protect, then detect, will the chance of failing still increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.