Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
天空勇者
Reaction score
If a pokemon uses protect, then detect, will the chance of failing still increase?
Yes. Protect, Detect, and Endure all have a chance of failure if Protect, Detect, or Endure was used on the previous turn.

Technically, the chance of failure doesn't increase; it is always 50% if Protect, Detect, or Endure was used in the previous turn. (I assume you're reffering to Gen IV because the chance of failure does indeed increase in older Generations.)

Reaction score
A Pokemon with the ability Simple uses Focus Energy(or if it is Passed to it), does Critical-Hit ratio increase double the usual?

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
What would the critical-hit ratio be if a pokemon had super luck, held a scope lens, and used slash?

Also, I tried using protien and it said "It will have no effect." I never used protien on it before and it's only lv. 16, so I doubt it has max attack EVs already. Can someone tell me why?

Last edited:
天空勇者
Reaction score
What would the critical-hit ratio be if a pokemon had super luck, held a scope lens, and used slash?
50%.

Also, I tried using protien and it said "It will have no effect." I never used protien on it before and it's only lv. 16, so I doubt it has max attack EVs already. Can someone tell me why?
The protein added enough EVs to surpass 100. The vitamins have no effect if you have more than 100 EVs in the respective stat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there any possible way to change a Pokemon's type through hacking?
Just so you know, you can do anything through hacking. For example one of my friend can make a Tyranitar learn fly, Make mewtwo psychic/dark type or have a Charizard learn solarbeam.(I have seen him do all these things and much more)

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit
Reaction score
Just so you know, you can do anything through hacking. For example one of my friend can make a Tyranitar learn fly, Make mewtwo psychic/dark type or have a Charizard learn solarbeam.(I have seen him do all these things and much more)
Hacked moves are not that hard to do, and Charizard learns Solarbeam from TM anyway, the only notable thing is Mewtwo's new typing.

Reaction score
I was wondering, do you obtain effort values after defeating a Pokemon in the Pokewalker. I accidentally defeated a Pokemon and I don't want to obtain the effort values it gives.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I was wondering, do you obtain effort values after defeating a Pokemon in the Pokewalker. I accidentally defeated a Pokemon and I don't want to obtain the effort values it gives.
No; your Pokemon don't gain EVs at all while they're in the PokeWalker.

Fairy Tale Girl
Reaction score
Pokemon GBA Games - is the model number AGB 002 for all of them (my real Ruby and FireRed say that, but my fake Emerald says "AGB 004").

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Wrong place to ask, but most sections of the forum show them. I think Outside the Box is the only place that doesn't, though I don't see why this is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.