• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
dialga.
Reaction score
new question: is it difficult to discover fossils in rock smash rocks in heartgold & soulsilver? :confused:

Confusing Post Syndrome
Reaction score
Can I win a loto ticket from jubilife with a poke in the daycare?

P.S. Why can't we access pp. 616 and up in this thread?

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
If you can beat them I think yes, the leaders gives a lot as well, and your rival also has a good team. Maybe using the Vs.Seeker against some trainers is faster, but I suppose the E4 is the best way.
i use the trainer cafe (once a day) & the elite 4 when raising levels fast in platinum - the versus seeker is good too if you know where the good trainers are (i don't...)
Yeah, beating the Elite Four is no longer a challenge for me. Its just really lengthy... I should probably use the Trainer Café too for maximum experience gain. Thanks.

Vanishment th!s world
Reaction score
Soft resetting to get a Shiny can affect my save data delivering it to be deleted??

new question: is it difficult to discover fossils in rock smash rocks in heartgold & soulsilver? :confused:
there is no fossil when you rock smash a rock, it just exist in the anime

Last edited:
metal buttez
Reaction score
double post (who cares - delete the one above)

Yeah, beating the Elite Four is no longer a challenge for me. Its just really lengthy... I should probably use the Trainer Café too for maximum experience gain. Thanks.
i know the feeling - my electivire goes through the elite 4 like a hot knife through butter! save before you enter the trainer cafe though dude - you can soft reset to make sure you get 4 trainers in there each day

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit
Reaction score
Soft resetting to get a Shiny can affect my save data delivering it to be deleted??
Not that I have ever heard of, and I really doubt it, although restarting the DS/GBA might be harmful to the device, especially the battery. (And don't tell me that soft reseting is less harmful, it is, but it's still harmful)

there is no fossil when you rock smash a rock, it just exist in the anime
You can find fossils in the Ruins of Alph by using Rock Smash.

Reaction score
Question: Where can I find a trainer with a Wormadam in Diamond version, or a wild female Burmy so I can evolve it? I'm trying to fill my Sinnoh dex so I can get the PokeRadar...

Also, how does one check for IVs and EVs? I'm amazed at how people know those exact numbers and I have no idea how to access them o.o

...!
Reaction score
Question: Where can I find a trainer with a Wormadam in Diamond version, or a wild female Burmy so I can evolve it? I'm trying to fill my Sinnoh dex so I can get the PokeRadar...
Oh god I remember trying to get Wormadam... you have to get a Burmy off of a Honey Tree, and evolve it.

Also, how does one check for IVs and EVs? I'm amazed at how people know those exact numbers and I have no idea how to access them o.o
You use IV calculators, and you keep track of EVs. If you don't keep track of the EVs, you'll have to hack your game to figure them out.

Reaction score
Oh god I remember trying to get Wormadam... you have to get a Burmy off of a Honey Tree, and evolve it.
Oh Jesus, really? Greaaat...But wait, the rarity for getting a Burmy off Honey Trees listed on Serebii.net was 0%...Am I screwed? o.o;

You use IV calculators, and you keep track of EVs. If you don't keep track of the EVs, you'll have to hack your game to figure them out.
Well, crap...So I'd have to use an Action Replay in order to see my EVs atm? Dangit...Thank you for telling me though, really :)

Forest of Less Lust!
Reaction score
Oh Jesus, really? Greaaat...But wait, the rarity for getting a Burmy off Honey Trees listed on Serebii.net was 0%...Am I screwed? o.o;
Serebii lies, ignore it :p lol jk. Although Bulbapedia is much more efficient and reliable in my opinion. Check Bulbapedia and see if it says the same thing.

metal buttez
Reaction score
that's a great IV calculator & i use it regularly - to add to your post though you can use EV reducing berries if you lose track of EY's without hacking

...!
Reaction score
that's a great IV calculator & i use it regularly - to add to your post though you can use EV reducing berries if you lose track of EY's without hacking
Yeah but if you've trained up like your starter throughout the game and battled a million different Pokémon, you'll need 66 berries to be absolutely sure that you've reduced them to 0. If you've been EV training and you lose count, or you have EV trained one stat and you want to erase it and start anew, they're good, but I don't really think that using 66 of them is too viable o_O

metal buttez
Reaction score
Yeah but if you've trained up like your starter throughout the game and battled a million different Pokémon, you'll need 66 berries to be absolutely sure that you've reduced them to 0. If you've been EV training and you lose count, or you have EV trained one stat and you want to erase it and start anew, they're good, but I don't really think that using 66 of them is too viable o_O
you don't need 66 berries dude - you just feed them until the stat can't drop any lower

even if someone had gained 101/101/101/101/101/5 EV's they'd need 56 berries max & the chances of the EV's being that spread out are very unlikely - i use about 25 berries to clear all EV's most of the time

56 berries is still better than hacking imo

Reaction score
When can I get back into distortion world on Pt to get the Griseous Orb for Giratina? Is it possible before E4?

天空勇者
Reaction score
When can I get back into distortion world on Pt to get the Griseous Orb for Giratina? Is it possible before E4?
No it isn't. The only entrance to the Distortion World is in Turnback Cave which you can't enter until after you beat the Elite Four.

Reaction score
No it isn't. The only entrance to the Distortion World is in Turnback Cave which you can't enter until after you beat the Elite Four.
Thanks

and this might be the most amateur question ever but I can't seem to find an item storage box in this game. Is there anywhere to store items?

Status
Not open for further replies.