• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks. Now, how will happiness be affected in the Daycare?

I want an Espeon, so I threw my Eevee into the Daycare with a soothe bell, will this work?

Gaining levels in the daycare does not increase happiness. That will not work.

Also, how much do the "in a pinch" berries raise stats?

They raise the stat by one stage, which is 50%.

Last edited:
OK, thanks, but I'm still going to keep it in there for a while, I need to get it up to level 71 at least, and I'll increase its happiness then.

Thanks that's what I assumed. I don't understand why they did that it's pretty frustrating to go through all of my crap to get to one thing
you can organise your items using the select button - alphabetic order ftw!

Sorry, probably asked before but how do you update you pokedex to 'see' pokemon eg: legendarys such as deoxys, shaymin, celebi etc and therefore be able to request trades for them?
do a "trade / trade back" with someone dude - it adds the pokemon to your 'dex

You have to actually see them in the game. You don't update your pokedex or anything. People on the GTS see them through illegal methods :3
no (see above)

OK, thanks, but I'm still going to keep it in there for a while, I need to get it up to level 71 at least, and I'll increase its happiness then.
it'd probably be quicker to level up through the elite 4 then reduce the EV's with berries afterwards dude (battling increases happiness & as an added bonus so do the EV reducing berries)

I must be missing something with regards to stat calculation.

I have a Bold Parasect that I need its Speed stat to be at least 56 (so it can go before my Smeargle so Spore can be Sketched). With the assumption of 252 EVs in Speed, what level would it have to be at to have a Speed stat of 56? I don't know it's exact Speed IV, so could someone give me a range of levels based on an IV of 0 and an IV of 22?

For quick reference, Parasect's base speed is 30.

I have a Bold Parasect that I need its Speed stat to be at least 56 (so it can go before my Smeargle so Spore can be Sketched). With the assumption of 252 EVs in Speed, what level would it have to be at to have a Speed stat of 56? I don't know it's exact Speed IV, so could someone give me a range of levels based on an IV of 0 and an IV of 22?

Level 34 min
Level 42 Max, if it's 252 Speed EV.

If you fight ditto and it transforms, do you get EV's for defeating ditto or for defeating your own pokemon?

Or, you could give your Smeargle a Lagging Tail. Wow, I actually found a use for that thing.

Ok quick question how do you try to control the natures of pokemon when breeding? and Egg moves? Please PM me any answers all are welcome.

Last edited:
Ok quick question how do you try to control the natures of pokemon when breeding? and Egg moves?

Natures are passed down for the parent by letting them hold an everstone. Egg moves are passed down from a father to a compatible child.

Hey, I just picked up the Level 5 Jirachi from the PokeMart, I've downloaded the WiFi event.

Now here are my Jirachis stats:

Hardy nature

HP 26
ATK 15
Defense 15
SPATK 15
SPDEF 16
SPEED 16

Now, I wanna know the IVs of this Jirachi, I already know to do a level 100 battle and paste the stats in an IV calculator. But, I was hoping if someone has this event Jirachi at level 5 and it has a Perfect IV in one of the stats, I'm askin' 'cause I'm afraid that if I do a level 100 battle and find out that this Jirachi's IVs suck and I can't get another one.

So does anyone have a Jirachi that has a perfect IV in at least one of the stats? If so, can you tell me the stat at level 5? e.g. I have a Jirachi that has a perfect IV in SPATK and the stat at level 5 is 16.

Or does anyone know away to check the IVs of a level 5 Pokemon? I doubt that there is a way though....

As I mentioned in your other thread before closing it, Jirachi's stats at level 5 can only be 15 and 16 (assuming a neutral nature, which yours has). A 15 means the IV is in the 0-19 range, and 16 means 20-31. HP is the same way, only it can be 25 and 26.

So even if someone has a Jirachi with a 31 in something, it wouldn't do you much good. A 31 IV at level 5 will result in the same stat that a 20 IV does.

^ Why don't you just made it hold Exp. Share and make it battle few high leveled Pokémon, so it would level up a bit and then you could see IV spread better and more closely? You can already know a lot, if you level it up to level 20 or so. Just mark up EVs you gained from battling and use berries, which reduce EVs (or use daycare for leveling). If its IVs aren't really high, just soft reset, pick up Jirachi again and train it few levels.

no (see above)
But, this is people on the GTS we're talking about. I'm sure at least 90% of the people there that have "seen" an event Pokemon or something have cheated. How do you explain the cherish ball Pokemon that they seem to have been traded or traded away (if they want another one) then? =p

^ Why don't you just made it hold Exp. Share and make it battle few high leveled Pokémon, so it would level up a bit and then you could see IV spread better and more closely? You can already know a lot, if you level it up to level 20 or so. Just mark up EVs you gained from battling and use berries, which reduce EVs (or use daycare for leveling). If its IVs aren't really high, just soft reset, pick up Jirachi again and train it few levels.

But beware, if you use the Day-Care, you might lose Draco Meteor, dunno if you want it to keep it, but it's a cool gimmick at least.

The other moves can be relearned, but DM is a special move so you cannot get it back if you lose it.

How are points in the Bug Catching Contest and Pal Park calculated? For the former, I can never seem to win anything for some reason; apparently my scythers and pinsirs are inferior to Metapods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom